Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] Asus Certified RT-AC1900P Dual-Band Wireless AC-1900 Gigabit Router - $89.99+FS

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 3, 2006
8293 posts
3493 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…

[Newegg] Asus Certified RT-AC1900P Dual-Band Wireless AC-1900 Gigabit Router - $89.99+FS

Certified Refurbished via Newegg on eBay.

Faster version of the RT-AC68U currently on sale at Staples.

Previous discussion for the brand new unit at Best Buy: best-buy-asus-wireless-ac1900-dual-band ... #p29872732
45 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 18, 2005
1169 posts
111 upvotes
Brampton
Does anyone have the link to reload the software from Asus so we can use this in aimesh configuration? Or is this one ready to go as is?

Thank you in advance..
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 17, 2008
722 posts
249 upvotes
BC
why downvote? This is a good deal, the lowest I have seen was $99 for last few months. Historical low probably $89 + 15% ebay code but that was long long time ago.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
1676 posts
929 upvotes
Kitchener
blazerzr2 wrote: Does anyone have the link to reload the software from Asus so we can use this in aimesh configuration? Or is this one ready to go as is?

Thank you in advance..
This supports aimesh natively. Just update firmware to latest.
Member
Mar 11, 2018
293 posts
144 upvotes
Is aimesh with this router as good as most other mesh routers out there in throughput and software capabilities?
Newbie
Dec 21, 2010
65 posts
45 upvotes
I have been doing some research on AIMesh ever since I found out about it and it seems to perform quite well. Have not personally yet been able to test but very interested.

I believe this model is capable of AIMesh from the stock firmware on Asus website..

However.. For those truly RFD die hards.. There is the TM-AC1900 available from T-Mobile for $39.99 USD and does AIMesh with a custom FW flash but they only seem to ship to US and accept US credit cards as attempts with both a visa and mc failed for me (Canadian Based accounts). If anyone figures out how to order please let me know or Pm me.

Link: https://www.t-mobile.com/accessory/t-mo ... -pre-owned

Discount code: CPOROUT

Don't mean to hijack thread. Good router and good deal, just thought I'd provide an alternative.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 6, 2010
544 posts
120 upvotes
Vancouver
What is the usual warranty from Ebay Newegg Canada on these routers?
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1663 posts
1030 upvotes
Globedeal wrote: What is the usual warranty from Ebay Newegg Canada on these routers?
This is a refurbished item, so the typical 90 day warranty from manufacturer.

As for Newegg:
“Return Policies
Return for refund within: 30 days
Return for replacement within: 30 days
This item is covered by Newegg.com's Standard Return Policy”
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 6, 2010
544 posts
120 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks

I noticed on the Ebay webpage the seller accepts no return on this router. Has that changed?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 3, 2006
8293 posts
3493 upvotes
12 days north of Hop…
macknup wrote: I have been doing some research on AIMesh ever since I found out about it and it seems to perform quite well. Have not personally yet been able to test but very interested.

I believe this model is capable of AIMesh from the stock firmware on Asus website..

However.. For those truly RFD die hards.. There is the TM-AC1900 available from T-Mobile for $39.99 USD and does AIMesh with a custom FW flash but they only seem to ship to US and accept US credit cards as attempts with both a visa and mc failed for me (Canadian Based accounts). If anyone figures out how to order please let me know or Pm me.

Link: https://www.t-mobile.com/accessory/t-mo ... -pre-owned

Discount code: CPOROUT

Don't mean to hijack thread. Good router and good deal, just thought I'd provide an alternative.
Asus is increasingly locking down the firmware for this one.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/the-t ... ted.48056/
Sr. Member
Aug 30, 2015
569 posts
301 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Does this support merlin? Do I lose only mesh with it or anything else?

Also if I use VPN in the router does this mean all connections in my home will through VPN or can I selectively choose which clients will?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1663 posts
1030 upvotes
Are there any good eBay deals right now? Like the 15% off recently?
Member
Nov 16, 2015
450 posts
879 upvotes
Toronto, ON
MeatJuice wrote: Is aimesh with this router as good as most other mesh routers out there in throughput and software capabilities?
i have this and a 68u in a AImesh configuration (Ethernet back-haul)

i find this setup works way better then a AP as the two routers "talk" to each other and hand you off to the closer router.

the only downside is any guest networks you setup are only on the main router and not available through AImesh. this is rumored to be to get fixed in a later firmware update

Top