Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Beyerdynamic Amiron Home Wired Open back headphones (53% off) - 439.99 (SOLD OUT NOW)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2020 6:18 pm
[OP]
May 6, 2020
66 posts
61 upvotes
chatbox wrote: ...buy now, think later...

OP, price in the title, please. Thanks.
my bad, I'm still new to this. Didn't even see the notifications, however it's out of stock now! Y'all scooped them up!
[OP]
May 6, 2020
66 posts
61 upvotes
For headphone amps, I suggest People to look up as they'll comfortably drive these with more than enough power and be sleek additions/entries to the audiophile collection.

Budget:
Fiio e10k

Midrange:
Schiit Stack, JDS stack, or an SMSL/Topping Budget pick.

High end: topping stack or THX 789 with a Sabaj D5
Apr 9, 2020
7 posts
19 upvotes
Out of stock now. May show in-stock on website but will send you out of stock, order cancel email after ordering
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1720 posts
1086 upvotes
I watched zeo's review(yeah, not a great source for info, i know) and am not too keen on them. Like mopex said, its not really an upgrade from senn's hd58x/6xx. Its a more colored sounding headphone, that seems to impart more variance from amps than the senns. If you're playing with multiple amps and especially tube amps, it might be a nice pair to try out. If you just want really good comfortable sounding headphones that play nice with nearly everything, the senns will be a better choice, at less cost(the 58x are around $280cnd, and the 6xx around $340. Expect to get hit with taxes on delivery).
Nov 20, 2010
415 posts
570 upvotes
Damn its only an hr after the post and I'm already too late for the party... Da eff...
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2685 posts
2221 upvotes
YYZ
deal dead
Licensed Full Service Realtor
[OP]
May 6, 2020
66 posts
61 upvotes
I hate to say....don't kill me guys... I was like staring at this deal for like 4-5 days selfishly grinning wondering if I should do it. Now that I've posted it here in 8 hours you guys snagged them all up :P you guys move fast honestly.
Mar 18, 2008
546 posts
221 upvotes
ShawnN84008 wrote: For headphone amps, I suggest People to look up as they'll comfortably drive these with more than enough power and be sleek additions/entries to the audiophile collection.

Budget:
Fiio e10k

Midrange:
Schiit Stack, JDS stack, or an SMSL/Topping Budget pick.

High end: topping stack or THX 789 with a Sabaj D5
Might as well use a phone or laptop jack then waste money on the Fiio E10K.
Jul 20, 2018
524 posts
453 upvotes
ShawnN84008 wrote: I hate to say....don't kill me guys... I was like staring at this deal for like 4-5 days selfishly grinning wondering if I should do it. Now that I've posted it here in 8 hours you guys snagged them all up :P you guys move fast honestly.

Looks like I snagged them just before they went oos. Thanks for posting OP.
Jul 20, 2018
524 posts
453 upvotes
mopex wrote: Might as well use a phone or laptop jack then waste money on the Fiio E10K.
Not sure why you think e10k is such garbage. It's a great DAC/amp in its price category.
Nov 14, 2008
382 posts
205 upvotes
ShawnN84008 wrote: For headphone amps, I suggest People to look up as they'll comfortably drive these with more than enough power and be sleek additions/entries to the audiophile collection.

Budget:
Fiio e10k
I got the e10k and a fiio x1 player too, I figured both of them wouldnt drive this Amiron well enough, cuz I already use a DT 990 pro 250ohm and know they only power those about 90% of its potential.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
18023 posts
10823 upvotes
Ottawa
Beyers have a bright sound signature, so they are very different from Sennheiser 600 series. I was tempted to give this one a try but in the end, I think I'm more interested in getting better wireless headphones. Have too many wired headphones I don't use much anymore

My hope is that the Drop THX Panda headphones will replace a lot of headphones I'm using now.

For travelling, I'm ok to use my Bose, Sony ANC headphones and the Airpods Pro which are adequate for outside use.
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Nov 24, 2017
278 posts
212 upvotes
Mississauga
After listening for a few days, I would say they are definitely worth it for me. I have an HD6XX, and they are amazing, tight, precise sounding headphones. However, this headphone is so much brighter, and the sound feels like it's coming from everywhere. I found it to have a much wider sound-stage. Notes are not that precise, but I really don't mind. I had a much better listening experience with this. I will definitely be keeping this. The other equipment in my chain is an SMSL SU-8 DAC and a LOXJIE P20 amp. The Amiron is using the unbalanced 1/4 inch, whereas the 6XX has the balanced 4 pin input.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1943 posts
1193 upvotes
I find clapping type sounds from this set too piercing, how can I adjust it?

Will I need a spectrum analyzer to find the frequency to tune down?
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
<unnecessary>
[OP]
May 6, 2020
66 posts
61 upvotes
savemoneyz wrote: Beyerdynamic headphone. No seal, No shrink wrap?
I bought Amiron Home from newegg but headphone retail box came with no factory seal or shrink wrap.
Is this normal? How do I know it's actually brand new?
yeah man, it's normal. I've owned so many beyers and they're never "sealed" its just a box
[OP]
May 6, 2020
66 posts
61 upvotes
AnshumanB876667 wrote: After listening for a few days, I would say they are definitely worth it for me. I have an HD6XX, and they are amazing, tight, precise sounding headphones. However, this headphone is so much brighter, and the sound feels like it's coming from everywhere. I found it to have a much wider sound-stage. Notes are not that precise, but I really don't mind. I had a much better listening experience with this. I will definitely be keeping this. The other equipment in my chain is an SMSL SU-8 DAC and a LOXJIE P20 amp. The Amiron is using the unbalanced 1/4 inch, whereas the 6XX has the balanced 4 pin input.
That's amazing to hear man. I'm still torn on whether I like these more than my DT 1770 or DT 1990 right now. Not enough A/B hours put in lol
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
18023 posts
10823 upvotes
Ottawa
coffeebean wrote: I find clapping type sounds from this set too piercing, how can I adjust it?

Will I need a spectrum analyzer to find the frequency to tune down?

All Beyers tend to have a sharp sounding treble because of a peak centered around 8Khz, so if you have an equalizer, you might want to reduce the treble around there.

(Wireless versions)

Annotation 2020-08-02 194851.png

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/1-4/graph#1769/3992
Please update your profile to include your city. It's helpful when you post about something regional ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
[OP]
May 6, 2020
66 posts
61 upvotes
savemoneyz wrote: it's kinda crazy that msrp $800 headphone doesn't come with any factory seal

even $100 electronics come with seal now days

without it, how can you tell headphone sellers aren't reselling previously used/returned headphone?

I'm kinda concerned cause even though I returned unopened item but feels like there is slight chance newegg is gonna charge me some bullshit restocking fee
I wouldn't be surprised. Newegg is kinda known the be the worst LOL
Nov 24, 2017
278 posts
212 upvotes
Mississauga
savemoneyz wrote: really? does it actually sound good?

there were number of bad reviews online (especially youtube review where one of the reviewer claim it's worse than $199 headphone) so I ended up returning it

wish I kept it if it actually sounds good

kinda bummed cause I even got hit with non refundable 2 way shipping fees just for returning unopened brand new headphone, etc

also what do you mean "Notes are not that precise"?

+ does any one know how this headphone compares vs Sundara?
I'll preface this by saying, I am not an expert, just enjoy listening to music. I have a few decent headphones, like the HD6XX and Hifiman 4xx. I also have the SMSL SU8 + LOXJIE P20 amp. I also have the Schiit stack.

What I meant by the notes not being precise, is that with a song that is very busy with many instruments going, I find the instruments encroaching on each others space (instrument separation?). But for me, the mix becomes more fun than what I am used to. For example, I loved listening to the Live Freebird solo on these headphones. It's fun on the 6XX as well, but somehow I just preferred the Amiron.

Edit: I read others are saying it does have good instrument separation compared to the HD650 (https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/com ... _home_and/) So, maybe it is a function of my AMP. Since Zeos mentions the unbalanced output on the Loxjie P20 is not very good.

Edit 2: After doing a bunch more research, I am convinced the issue is with my amp and not the headphones, because the diagnosis of muddy lower bass separation ( as discussed a recent video) is what I felt as well. This leads me to a goose chase of upgrading the tubes and the power supply
[OP]
May 6, 2020
66 posts
61 upvotes
savemoneyz wrote: really? does it actually sound good?

there were number of bad reviews online (especially youtube review where one of the reviewer claim it's worse than $199 headphone) so I ended up returning it

wish I kept it if it actually sounds good

kinda bummed cause I even got hit with non refundable 2 way shipping fees just for returning unopened brand new headphone, etc

also what do you mean "Notes are not that precise"?

+ does any one know how this headphone compares vs Sundara?
hows your return/refund experience been with them?