Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Beyerdynamic Amiron Home Wired Open back headphones (53% off) - 439.99 (SOLD OUT NOW)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2020 6:18 pm
[OP]
Newbie
May 6, 2020
66 posts
61 upvotes
savemoneyz wrote: bad.

how is the sound of this headphone? is it better than vs 6xx/sundara/dt1990, etc?

is it worth the original or sale price?
LOL bad how??? did they refuse your return?

This is easily better than a 6xx. Different than the Sundara in a few solid ways. Very similar to the DT 1990, just less analytical and more fun.

They are worth quite a lot. We got very lucky with this Sale in terms of price. Are you having remorse?
[OP]
Newbie
May 6, 2020
66 posts
61 upvotes
savemoneyz wrote: I returned the item without opening over 1 week ago but newegg still hasn't refunded me yet or send return item receipt confirmation email even though tracking shows they received it long time ago
+ had to pay 2 way shipping + potential chance of 15-30% restocking fee

I tried to cancel the order even before they shipped out from their warehouse but they refused to cancel it because they already created shipping label (their cancel window is like 10 minute only after order :facepalm: )

shipping fee isn't a big deal. my biggest concern is their bs restocking fee policy.

since this headphone doesn't come with any factory seal, I feel like they can do whatever they want with their restocking fee policy even though I didn't even open the item and returned it in completely brand new condition.

my irrational concern is this:

1. they'd have to check the content of return item because item doesn't come with factory seal = their return guy have to open the item = they can't sell item again as new condition since their return guy have to open the item to check the item was returned new even though I returned it new, unopened = high likely hood they are going to charge me bullshit return fee

2. I had to return the item without opening because of restocking fee concern so I couldn't check the content of the item to verify it really was new item. since item doesn't come with factory seal, how do I know what I was delivered was really brand new even before I received it? I doubt newegg is throwing away $800msrp headphone just because it was returned. How do I know it was really brand new and not previously returned headphone that was resold? = potential chance to get blamed for everything which is none of my fault




yes. I'm kind of having remorse because if it actually sounds good and if I kept the order, I wouldn't have to think about return for 1+ week
it's definitely far from amazon's hassle free experience.

main reason I returned it was because one youtuber's claim that this headphone sound worse than $199 headphone. but thinking now, I think the guy may have been exaggerating.

I looked up alternative headphone after returning this and only ones I found was Sundara, 6xx, 1990. they are basically same price tier as this or much more expensive (1990) + they come with much worse build quality and comfort (sundara, 6xx)

buying/returning headphone is such a poor experience imo. it's almost same as buying snake oil. you have to buy it without hearing how it sounds. sale feels almost final ($800 msrp headphone which comes with 0 factory seal?). no way to tell if it's really new even if you buy new, etc. it's like buying shoes/apparel online but even 10 times worse (at least for shoes/apparel, you know your size + no restocking fee policy for return, free 2 way shipping, etc)

I think I'm going to buy headphone only from amazon or directly from manufacturer in the future
I really hope it'll be way smoother than that. I've had an amazon refund take long too. It's something I wouldn't really sweat. You should have at least let it arrive and then send it back as like "I hear static at some volumes" or something defective.

If they send it back to you, just know the resale value is nuts.

Did you try following up with them via Chat and all?
[OP]
Newbie
May 6, 2020
66 posts
61 upvotes
savemoneyz wrote: newegg still hasn't processed my return yet so I'll wait another week and see how it goes

if newegg try to charge me restocking fee, I'd probably escalate for refund since I know I returned it 100% unopened, brand new condition

if the sound of headphone is really good as you say, I think I might even ask them to send me the headphone again because I think it's a good deal
At the price we got it for, it's actually insane. You could maybe get the Sundaras cheaper sure, but their build quality wont be like this. Man the sheepskin or w/e on the headband is INSANELY luxury
[OP]
Newbie
May 6, 2020
66 posts
61 upvotes
savemoneyz wrote: I ended up changing my rma from refund to replacement because of your review. hopefully it sounds as good as everyone says here

I feel like an idiot for spending so much time and hassle for nothing :facepalm:
Get on live chat with them today and bug the hell out of em lol
[OP]
Newbie
May 6, 2020
66 posts
61 upvotes
savemoneyz wrote: newegg return service is beyond horrible

they now said there is no replacement available. so I asked for refund and now they tried to charge me bullshit restocking fee
At least you are able to speak with them live. how much is the restocking fee? Can you ask them to resend you your original unit?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1943 posts
1193 upvotes
savemoneyz wrote: Beyerdynamic headphone. No seal, No shrink wrap?
I bought Amiron Home from newegg but headphone retail box came with no factory seal or shrink wrap.
Is this normal? How do I know it's actually brand new?
They're not sealed from factory, even the ones from Amazon. So exchanging it would be a waste of time and effort
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
<unnecessary>
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1943 posts
1193 upvotes
Are most of you guys here ALREADY audiophiles with Headphone AMPs?

Cause if you don't already have one, and you decided to buy a >32ohm headphone which requires separate purchased AMP just to drive the thing, and the cost will be in the $800 anyways.

Why didn't you guys buy the Amiron Wireless that was $800 on Amazon instead? NO Need to buy AMP and also supports 3.5 headphone jack since it's 32Ohms.

BeyerDynamics is transitioning to 32ohms on even higher product lines like T5 or T1.
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
<unnecessary>
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1943 posts
1193 upvotes
savemoneyz wrote: I'm not even audiophile but feels like I'm just going to just dump $1000, buy direct from manufacturer and save me from any more bullcrap from 3rd party retailers

any good headphone recommendations for <$1000?
So far I am liking the Amiron Wireless < 1000, very comfy and clear sound compared to my WF 1000MX3, but that's half the price.
Would like to get the Hifiman ananda wireless, but that's $1500, since it has LDAC and HWA. but is 100g heavier.
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
<unnecessary>
[OP]
Newbie
May 6, 2020
66 posts
61 upvotes
coffeebean wrote: So far I am liking the Amiron Wireless < 1000, very comfy and clear sound compared to my WF 1000MX3, but that's half the price.
Would like to get the Hifiman ananda wireless, but that's $1500, since it has LDAC and HWA. but is 100g heavier.
Theyre selling open box on the Hifiman site for around 1100$ bud. Hope that helps :)
https://store.hifiman.com/index.php/ana ... enbox.html

Top