Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

(OOS) Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro $499+tax, FS

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2021 10:20 am
Nov 18, 2018
64 posts
199 upvotes
Vancouver

[Newegg] (OOS) Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro $499+tax, FS

This is the lowest I've seen for these pair of headphones.

$300 off w/ promo code CHDAZZA76

Will need amp, 250 ohm.
But you probably know this if you are interested in these headphones
Last edited by shekers on Dec 6th, 2021 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
23 replies
Deal Addict
May 31, 2005
1128 posts
821 upvotes
How much better are these compared
to the 770s?
Jun 18, 2021
61 posts
182 upvotes
Thanks, just bought it. Is it possible to get a price match from Bestbuy or some other retailer? Rakuten does 1% cashback with Bestbuy, I was hoping there's something for newegg on GCR or Rakuten but couldn't find any. I also just got approved for Amex Cobalt. I'm wondering what would be the best way to lock on the current price and still pay with the Cobalt. I'm going to reach out to Newegg and ask if they can transfer the payment to another credit card. If not, then I might just return, and buy back if they'd let me keep the promotional discount.
Jun 5, 2015
107 posts
149 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Thanks op, actually good deal. What's a good amp/dac to pair with this?
Dec 16, 2019
70 posts
236 upvotes
Monolith THX AAA 887 (139359)

The clarity, separation of instruments, vocal presence and sound stage are superb.
Nov 13, 2018
20 posts
17 upvotes
haque243 wrote: Thanks op, actually good deal. What's a good amp/dac to pair with this?
I have a pair of dt1990s (and a few other audiophile cans). If you're looking for a desktop setup, my current amp/DAC setup is a schiit bifrost2/jot2. While I absolutely love and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, I appreciate that the price point could be more than you're willing to spend. So if that's the case, my recommendation would be a schiit Modi multibit (I can't stress how much I like multibit over delta sig) / Asgard 3 stack (or even a magni 3+). They aren't far off and will make those 1990s sing (literally).

Hope that was helpful!
Aug 24, 2019
22 posts
2 upvotes
IJK5565 wrote: I have a pair of dt1990s (and a few other audiophile cans). If you're looking for a desktop setup, my current amp/DAC setup is a schiit bifrost2/jot2. While I absolutely love and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, I appreciate that the price point could be more than you're willing to spend. So if that's the case, my recommendation would be a schiit Modi multibit (I can't stress how much I like multibit over delta sig) / Asgard 3 stack (or even a magni 3+). They aren't far off and will make those 1990s sing (literally).

Hope that was helpful!
Don't you get hit with duties and expensive shipping fees if you try to buy schiit products from Canada?
Nov 13, 2018
20 posts
17 upvotes
teeeheee wrote: Don't you get hit with duties and expensive shipping fees if you try to buy schiit products from Canada?
If I remember correctly I paid HST on arrival and a Fedex processing fee. Shipping wasn't great, but they are transparent about it on their site.

If that's your concern though, strongly recommend checking out Kijiji and canuckaudiomart. I've bought 3 schiit products second hand and got fantastic deals. I'm actually going to be listing my black Asgard 3 there shortly (GTA).
Nov 23, 2020
352 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP!
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1293 posts
1643 upvotes
ottawa
A deal's a deal, but add at the very least $300 for a dac/amp. Otherwise you're not getting 100% out of your headphones. I spend even more on topping e30/l30 combo plus hifiman he-4x and couldn't be happier.
Jul 7, 2018
75 posts
464 upvotes
I previously purchased a pair. I loved the way they sound (better than the HD 6XX), but I just couldn't get used to the weight or clamping force and ended up returning them.
Jan 27, 2011
718 posts
773 upvotes
Still waiting for a sale on the dt 1770 pro's (I prefer closed back).
Jun 27, 2011
336 posts
528 upvotes
MONTRÉAL
Which are better between these and Apple’s Airpods Pro?
I’m just kidding! Grimacing Face

Good deal, thank you OP. 👌🏻
Jun 9, 2019
767 posts
895 upvotes
If you're only just, getting into headphones and considering this deal, also consider the Sennheiser HD 6xx. Much cheaper alternative. I believe there's a comparison on rtings.com
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2008
1167 posts
1977 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks op finally upgrading my 990s

Great deal!
May 17, 2016
77 posts
191 upvotes
Just an FYI, the beyerdynamic house sound is bright and if it's not to your taste, Newegg apparently charges a 15% restocking fee.
Jul 10, 2015
17 posts
6 upvotes
Montreal, QC
OOS! Wallet safe! Love my dt770. Was willing to give a shot to the DT 1990 but I guess it wasn't met for me now.

Gratz to those who got the deal!
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19696 posts
13554 upvotes
Ottawa
jamesyboy101 wrote: these vs sundara?
Sundaras for me. All Beyers that I've heard have a brightness as their house sound which is too much for my ears. The brightness is due to a big spike right in the mid-treble.

Sundaras are on bright side too but not as severe
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php ... ofile_info

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)