Newegg

Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 Ohm Headphones, $159 from newegg

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2021 1:24 am
Apr 5, 2010
65 posts
32 upvotes
Winnipeg
I got the 770 pros 250 ohms. Think it makes sense to upgrade to these or nah?
May 27, 2015
219 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kayate wrote: Hey everyone, sorry if this is off topic but I was wondering if anyone had experience with repairing their Beyerdynamics headphones. I have a pair of DT 1990 Pro and one side of the audio stopped working. If anyone has an audio repair shop they recommend or have experience with, that would be greatly appreciated. I've spoken to Long and McQuade but they don't do repairs if the headphones weren't sold by them, and with the cost of the headphones I was hoping to bring it to a reputable shop. I am located in Toronto, and any suggestions or advice would be very helpful.
Beyerdynamic has excellent customer service. Unlike other audio companies, they paid to ship my broken Amiron Wireless to them and shipped replacement unit back to me. Other audio companies (A&K, iFi, etc) make you pay to ship to them to USA even if under warranty. They also sent me replacement cable for Xelento when its mmcx connector broke without me having to ship the broken cable to them.

If you're out of warranty, I'd still suggest to contact them to see what options are available for you in regards to repair. I do know they offer spare parts for sale so there might be a mechanism for paid repair as well.

[email protected]
Jan 15, 2015
12 posts
2 upvotes
Scarborough
Rozario7 wrote: Beyerdynamic has excellent customer service. Unlike other audio companies, they paid to ship my broken Amiron Wireless to them and shipped replacement unit back to me. Other audio companies (A&K, iFi, etc) make you pay to ship to them to USA even if under warranty. They also sent me replacement cable for Xelento when its mmcx connector broke without me having to ship the broken cable to them.

If you're out of warranty, I'd still suggest to contact them to see what options are available for you in regards to repair. I do know they offer spare parts for sale so there might be a mechanism for paid repair as well.

[email protected]
Thank you for the response! I looked into sending the headphones in for repairs, but again with the cost of the headphones I was worried about sending it out. Also that's extremely nice of them that they paid for all the shipping, when I went to their US Site and clicked on the repair, it brings me to a third party site called Consolidated Sound Services. On the website it says shipping to Canada is $40. I'll send a message to the email you have provided and see what their options are, I've also attached the link to their third party repair site.

https://www.consolidatedsoundservices.c ... t-a-repair
Apr 11, 2011
357 posts
243 upvotes
Montreal
Personally I've got the SHP9500, Sennheiser 558 and a few others ...
But since I got a wireless pair (Bose QC35 II), I don't use anything else (except for gaming).
Because they are wireless and quite comfortable.
The sound is not that great but I don't care that much somehow.
It's just simpler, more convenient, looks cleaner ...
Oct 22, 2021
123 posts
267 upvotes
pberry wrote: I got the 770 pros 250 ohms. Think it makes sense to upgrade to these or nah?
You might want to get a different headphone for more sound signature variety. The 58X and 6XX are currently on sale for $129 USD and $179 USD respectively right now (plus $15 USD shipping + duties/taxes. The 58X ends up being ~$200 CAD and the 6XX ~ $260 CAD).
Sep 27, 2005
783 posts
163 upvotes
Had my dt 990s for 10 years, incredible cans. Thought the 1990 pros would be a good upgrade but I ended up returning them- I think these are my endgame. Super durable even though I ran them over with my chair (multiple times), last hit cracked part of the headband. In for a new pair to retire my old ones.

Whoever said they aren't gaming headphones have no idea what they're talking about. I've never found better- the soundstage is insane and so clear.