Expired Hot Deals

Newegg.ca

[expired] Fujitsu AA 4-pack 2000 mAH NiMH $12.99 (or lousy $17.98 w/ shipping)

[OP]
Sep 6, 2016
239 posts
278 upvotes
Calgary

[expired] Fujitsu AA 4-pack 2000 mAH NiMH $12.99 (or lousy $17.98 w/ shipping)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
35%
Retailer:
Newegg.ca
Great price if you have free shipping with Newegg Premier. (edit) Crappy price if you don't. So only good if you have Premier. These low self-discharge cells are made in Japan and are the best quality you can buy (same factory as Panasonic and Sanyo).

Edit: Thx to Sagara for heads up regarding the regular capacity type. They apparently are now the same price. So here are your two choices:

Regular capacity (2000 mAh / 2100 recharge cycles):
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6817109004

[OOS] High capacity (2550 mAh / 500 recharge cycles):
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... gnorebbr=1

The regular capacity will last many more recharge cycles. So unless you have a high drain device, you should definitely get the regular capacity type.

EDIT2: The high capacity ones are OOS already. If you need the capacity, you can get an 8-pack of Duracells per the post below. It's cheaper per cell but you have to buy 8. The Duracells are confirmed to be made in Japan so quality should be similar (specs are a bit lower -- not sure if Duracell is being more conservative or the cells really are different). There's one Fujitsu factory (FDK) in Japan that makes all of these I believe. Or if you're quick, you can get a 4-pack of Duracells from Staples for $9.94 according to Sagara.
costco-duracell-rechargeable-aa-kit-cha ... 9-2054495/

EDIT3: Price on the regular capacity is now $14.99 before shipping. For high capacity, Emporium posted an excellent suggestion for a 4-pack of 2450 mAh (made in Japan) at Ikea for $8.99.
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/70303876/
Images
  • 17-109-007-01.jpg
  • 17-109-004-01.jpg
Last edited by kbear99 on Nov 13th, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
11 replies
Jan 31, 2011
961 posts
510 upvotes
Toronto
kbear99 wrote: Great price if you have free shipping with Newegg Premier. (edit) Crappy price if you don't. So only good if you have Premier. These low self-discharge cells are made in Japan and are the best quality you can buy (same factory as Panasonic and Sanyo).

Edit: Thx to Sagara for heads up regarding the regular capacity type. They apparently are now the same price. So here are your two choices:

Regular capacity (2000 mAh / 2100 recharge cycles):
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6817109004

[OOS] High capacity (2550 mAh / 500 recharge cycles):
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... gnorebbr=1

The regular capacity will last many more recharge cycles. So unless you have a high drain device, you should definitely get the regular capacity type.

EDIT2: The high capacity ones are OOS already. If you need the capacity, you can get an 8-pack of Duracells per the post below. It's cheaper per cell but you have to buy 8. The Duracells are confirmed to be made in Japan so quality should be similar (specs are a bit lower -- not sure if Duracell is being more conservative or the cells really are different). There's one Fujitsu factory (FDK) in Japan that makes all of these I believe. Or if you're quick, you can get a 4-pack of Duracells from Staples for $9.94 according to Sagara.
costco-duracell-rechargeable-aa-kit-cha ... 9-2054495/
I suggest you wait out till Black Friday cause I've seen lower price on the Fujitsu battery 2-3weeks before. I've been watching over the price for a few weeks but refrain from posting in the forum cause the price changes so quickly every few days.

I've seen:
12pcs regular (white) AAA for $19.99
12pcs regular (white) AA for $24.99
4pcs high capacity (black) AA for $7.99

And apparently the Fujitsu is manufactured in the same factory as eneloop before it was taken over by Panasonic.

http://famcart.blogspot.ca/2014/07/the- ... jitsu.html
Dec 12, 2012
323 posts
385 upvotes
Saskatchewan
You should probably also list the other Fujitsu batteries that are available from Newegg. If these are genuine, which I don't see a reason for them not to be, should be made by FDK Corp.

Newegg, interestingly enough, has both the high-capacity batteries and the regular flavour NiMH (LSD) for roughly a dollar difference, this does give people an opportunity to pick the solution they want.

The only issue I see is the $4.99 shipping charge that Newegg tacks on, which offsets the low price by adding 40-50% of the retail price on top of the order, not including taxes of course.
Last edited by SagaraS246 on Nov 13th, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Mar 23, 2004
30072 posts
10843 upvotes
Shipping kills the deal, as is often the case with NE. However there seem to be a lot of other Eneloop (and similar) deals at the moment, I'm guessing BF will also have some nice ones.
[OP]
Sep 6, 2016
239 posts
278 upvotes
Calgary
SagaraS246 wrote: You should probably also list the other Fujitsu batteries that are available from Newegg. If these are genuine, which I don't see a reason for them not to be, they should be made by FDK Corp.

Newegg interestingly enough has both the high-capacity batteries and the regular flavour NiMH (LSD) for roughly a dollar difference, this does give people an opportunity to pick the solution they want.

The only issue I see is the $4.99 shipping charge that Newegg tacks on, which offsets the low price by adding 40-50% of the retail price on top of the order, not including taxes of course.
Thanks for your suggestion. I edited my post. The price I see is the same for both now. These are sold directly by Newegg and not by a marketplace seller so I'm confident they're genuine.
[OP]
Sep 6, 2016
239 posts
278 upvotes
Calgary
ES_Revenge wrote: Shipping kills the deal, as is often the case with NE. However there seem to be a lot of other Eneloop (and similar) deals at the moment, I'm guessing BF will also have some nice ones.
True. Shipping does kill the deal like so many others on Newegg (I sense they're doing it to push Premier). I thought it was still slightly cheap with shipping but was mistakenly comparing to 8-packs.
Jan 27, 2002
117 posts
3 upvotes
You don't have to be a Premier member. Newegg offers free delivery via a pick-up service called inPost. Not sure if it's in Calgary but it's in Toronto and I've used it numerous times. It's a set of lockers tucked behind gas stations and some grocery stores. Newegg texts you a QR code when it's ready for pickup. You go buy gas and then run behind the station to pick up your package. Scan your QR code, the locker opens, take your package and you're done in less than 30 seconds. You don't have to worry about packages being left on your porch or waiting to sign at condo concierge or lining up for Canada Post pickup.
Jan 7, 2011
853 posts
309 upvotes
CPM440V wrote: You don't have to be a Premier member. Newegg offers free delivery via a pick-up service called inPost. Not sure if it's in Calgary but it's in Toronto and I've used it numerous times. It's a set of lockers tucked behind gas stations and some grocery stores. Newegg texts you a QR code when it's ready for pickup. You go buy gas and then run behind the station to pick up your package. Scan your QR code, the locker opens, take your package and you're done in less than 30 seconds. You don't have to worry about packages being left on your porch or waiting to sign at condo concierge or lining up for Canada Post pickup.
This is awesome! The locker is located right by my house!
Photography.
RedFlagDeals - Brea
self promotion is not allowed on RFD
[OP]
Sep 6, 2016
239 posts
278 upvotes
Calgary
CPM440V wrote: You don't have to be a Premier member. Newegg offers free delivery via a pick-up service called inPost. Not sure if it's in Calgary but it's in Toronto and I've used it numerous times. It's a set of lockers tucked behind gas stations and some grocery stores. Newegg texts you a QR code when it's ready for pickup. You go buy gas and then run behind the station to pick up your package. Scan your QR code, the locker opens, take your package and you're done in less than 30 seconds. You don't have to worry about packages being left on your porch or waiting to sign at condo concierge or lining up for Canada Post pickup.
You guys in ON are lucky. There aren't any locker locations in AB or anywhere else besides ON.
[OP]
Sep 6, 2016
239 posts
278 upvotes
Calgary
caveat_emptor wrote: This is OOS
The regular capacity are still in stock, but not the high capacity as I mentioned. However they are now $14.99.