Expired Hot Deals

Newegg.ca

HOT! Jaybird X2 Bluetooth Earbuds *Midnight Black Only*, PM with BB for $110.29 CAD ALL IN! YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2016 11:53 am
[OP]
Sep 15, 2016
62 posts
18 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario

HOT! Jaybird X2 Bluetooth Earbuds *Midnight Black Only*, PM with BB for $110.29 CAD ALL IN! YMMV

Deal Link:
Price:
$105
Expiry:
September 23, 2016
Retailer:
Newegg.ca
Hey guys, first time poster here so I apologize in advance if I'm not doing this properly and please correct me if I've messed something up :).

I found the Jaybird X2 Midnight Black Wireless Earbuds on newegg.ca for $105 CAD. I thought that price alone was too good to pass up. I headed over to the BestBuy at Toronto Eaton Centre to PM and I'm happy to report they accepted it. It came out to $97.60 pre tax and 110.29 after tax. IMO I think this is a steal as I can't recall prices being this low. I realize this might be a major YMMV as it's not directly sold by Newegg so I've posted my receipt in case any of you want to give it a shot.

Thanks!
Images
  • Receipt.jpg
19 replies
Nov 3, 2003
588 posts
271 upvotes
Toronto
I have the originals and love them. Are these worth the upgrade?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
2018 posts
414 upvotes
GTA
Ship and sold by iMatrix Canada. You got lucky with PM. I would not buy from Newegg though.

I realize you mention it but people do not like to read that much.
[OP]
Sep 15, 2016
62 posts
18 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
YYZC2 wrote: I have the originals and love them. Are these worth the upgrade?
From the comparison videos I've watched, most people say the sound quality is very similar to the originals. So I wouldn't recommend them as an upgrade unless you absolutely need the incremental changes.
[OP]
Sep 15, 2016
62 posts
18 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
lg777 wrote: Ship and sold by iMatrix Canada. You got lucky with PM. I would not buy from Newegg though.

I realize you mention it but people do not like to read that much.
LOL yeah that's true, you think it'd be better if I edited the post to put a disclaimer of some sort at the very top?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2007
1414 posts
387 upvotes
GVRD
good deal, I bought some from the Amazon deal a month back

I had to return mine because I could never get them to fit in my ear and I found that they stuck out of my ear too much. I'm going to try the Freedoms next.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3681 posts
2453 upvotes
Calgary
hawt deal! got it for the same price very early this year (source sale) & have no regrets. its one of the best (if not the best) bt cans I have had the pleasure.

do be aware that fit can be a bit of an issue. i can keep in nicely sealed when motionless & at best when walking sedately . Ive never been able to use it for its intended active lifestyle usage so its a YMMV here. again it does sounds great & battery life is above average.
Dec 7, 2016
206 posts
156 upvotes
QC
I was able to price match at Downtown Montreal
Aug 11, 2001
363 posts
12 upvotes
I always have fitment issues with the Jaybirds. Plus I hate how they stick out so much. I just ordered the JLab Epic2's to compliment my Samsung IconX's.
Aug 4, 2012
308 posts
210 upvotes
Cambridge
needbox wrote: With the X3 almost here is worth waiting for either price drop or newer model?
The X2's definitely aren't going to drop to this price regularly, and bluetooth wireless buds rarely get that much better between generations to justify buying the absolute newest. So this is a really solid deal.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2551 posts
2821 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP. Got white one but she charged me for $10 shipping.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Penalty Box
Jun 1, 2016
1553 posts
3974 upvotes
ThermKitty wrote:
needbox wrote: With the X3 almost here is worth waiting for either price drop or newer model?
The X2's definitely aren't going to drop to this price regularly, and bluetooth wireless buds rarely get that much better between generations to justify buying the absolute newest. So this is a really solid deal.
They actually do drop to these prices quite often, picked up 3 pairs from The Source a few months ago @ $107 all in.

As for quality, others pointed out how they are difficult, at best, to fit. Fit is key for good sound and these will never fit in your ears optimally (you can tell by pushing them into your ears and you'll notice a significant sound improvement). Overall they're good though, best bluetooth ones you can buy, so there's that.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1254 posts
155 upvotes
About last February I did purchase at Pharmaprix in Montreal for $100 + tax or so
Sep 18, 2016
1 posts
I just came over to bestbuy. And the manager refused to sell me at the price match. He said. The product has to be sold by newegg as merchant for it to PM.

Wtf!???
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2006
3720 posts
203 upvotes
Montreal
These were 105$ from that seller even when this product launched @ 179$. I decided not to risk the 3rd party seller. If you do buy this, check if they are counterfeit, there's a guide online.

Also consider the plantronics BackBeat Fit if you want a 100% waterproof solution , albeit with less sound isolation.
Heatware: 2-0-0
eBay: 69-0-0
[OP]
Sep 15, 2016
62 posts
18 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
JimmyF343872 wrote: I just came over to bestbuy. And the manager refused to sell me at the price match. He said. The product has to be sold by newegg as merchant for it to PM.

Wtf!???
Yeah that's why I put it as YMMV, it just depends on the BestBuy you go to and the manager you get tbh. Not many of them are aware of the fact that NewEgg has different merchant sellers.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2005
1026 posts
350 upvotes
just on time to pair with iphone 7 ;)

who needs aux when you have bluetooth right? (x
Dec 7, 2016
206 posts
156 upvotes
QC
Like I said before I was able to price match so I bought it. But I still haven't opened it.

I'm asking myself if they are worth it for a non-audiophile, even at this price, when there are other options like the Soundpeats QY7 for $30. Yes I know sound quality is different but that's my point: will I be able to tell (@ 38 years old)?

The fact that you can't return them if they're open makes me nervous. A lot of people say they were not able to fit them properly and that would be a deal breaker for me. I never tried earphones with those fins before. I like ear hooks (And that's why I was thinking about the Jlab Epic2 if I'll spend 100+ on earbuds).

TL;DR: Anyone has experience with Jaybird X2, Jlab Epic2 and one of the cheap ones (Soundpeats, Mpow, Mee...)?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)