Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg.ca

Intel i5 6600k plus games 245$

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2017 11:44 pm
Jan 29, 2017
74 posts
94 upvotes

Intel i5 6600k plus games 245$

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
125 off
Expiry:
March 23, 2017
Retailer:
Newegg.ca
Some people poo pood my post the last time this processor was on sale at newegg saying wait for ryzen... Now that ryzen has flopped IMHO this processor seems like a bargain and it comes with free games....

It sold out quickly last time and it didnt come with freebies that time...

Just as fast as an i7 7700k in most games which is 200 dollars more
74 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3538 upvotes
Burnaby
In case anyone is wondering what games are included as bonus ('Free Gift'): Intel Inside - Battle Ready Outside - OEM
Intel Inside - Battle Ready Outside
* Halo Wars 2 (Value $59.99)
* Euro Truck Simulator 2 (Value $19.99)
* Dreadnought ($60 Value In-Game Content)

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,
Dec 26, 2015
480 posts
398 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
i bought it for 299 couple of months ago this a good deal
Nov 26, 2015
161 posts
98 upvotes
Fantastic processor at a great price. Free games are just a bonus.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6344 upvotes
Winnipeg
ktm07sx wrote: Some people poo pood my post the last time this processor was on sale at newegg saying wait for ryzen... Now that ryzen has flopped IMHO this processor seems like a bargain and it comes with free games....

this is news to me, source?

also, seems like intel finally got on board of giving out free games, nvidia and amd have been doing for years!
Banned
Apr 19, 2016
435 posts
226 upvotes
ktm07sx wrote: Some people poo pood my post the last time this processor was on sale at newegg saying wait for ryzen... Now that ryzen has flopped IMHO this processor seems like a bargain and it comes with free games....

Last time is 2 dollar cheaper, I don't need this game, I would like only pay ,243 without games.
Jan 29, 2017
74 posts
94 upvotes
Lawrence0317 wrote: Last time is 2 dollar cheaper, I don't need this game, I would like only pay ,243 without games.
Then buy it from ur time machine from when i last posted the deal?

Also i feel rhyzen flopped because of the rampant bugs and ram issues and lack of gaming performance below 4k. Its another IMHO type deal but if you want to find a source just google. If you do hosting or other "productivity tasks" you almost always benefit from more chanels of ram which ryzen cant handle
Last edited by ktm07sx on Mar 23rd, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 26, 2015
161 posts
98 upvotes
Lawrence0317 wrote: ..
And just because the i5 6600k has been cheaper before doesn't mean this deal isn't still a good deal. As ktm07sx suggested above, we don't have time machines.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
Feb 12, 2013
837 posts
96 upvotes
They've been out for 21 days and we're already announcing that Ryzen flopped? LOL. And by your measure, "flopped" I take it, means they perform less by a few frames per second? What about the metrics where it shows it leaving the entire Intel line in the dust for practically everything else?
Jan 29, 2017
74 posts
94 upvotes
jesuisdanny wrote: They've been out for 21 days and we're already announcing that Ryzen flopped? LOL. And by your measure, flopped means they perform less by some frames per second, what about the metrics where it shows it leaving the entire Intel line in the dust?
If you primarily game at 1080p its a huge flop. Slightly less of a flop at 1440. At 4k it still loses out where every frame counts trying to stay above the dips ....

Benchmarks arent everything. Imagine what a monster intel could do without an igpu.

I wanted to buy a ryzen but went intel for the gaming advantage . i dont play at 4k and the extra 30 to 60 fps is huge when your monitor is 200hz
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1037 upvotes
Richmond
ktm07sx wrote: Also i feel rhyzen flopped because of the rampant bugs and ram issues and lack of gaming performance below 4k
So Intel z99 is a flop too? They had those exact same problem for a whole year when they first came out. With the same lack of gaming performance.
If you do hosting or other "productivity tasks" you almost always benefit from more chanels of ram which ryzen cant handle
I have no idea what you are even talking about. You are comparing Ryzen with a 6600k. Why are you talking about channel of rams? Ryzen support higher memory speed at 1T, and has the same amount of memory channel as 6600k

Overall, buy whatever you like, but don't post disinformation please.
Oct 18, 2016
174 posts
265 upvotes
New cheaper ryzen processors come out April 4th.
May be best to wait.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39343 posts
6344 upvotes
Winnipeg
Lawrence0317 wrote: Last time is 2 dollar cheaper, I don't need this game, I would like only pay ,243 without games.
i'm sure you can sell the games for at least $2
Jan 29, 2017
74 posts
94 upvotes
ID01 wrote: So Intel z99 is a flop too? They had those exact same problem for a whole year when they first came out. With the same lack of gaming performance.

I have no idea what you are even talking about. You are comparing Ryzen with a 6600k. Why are you talking about channel of rams? Ryzen support higher memory speed at 1T, and has the same amount of memory channel as 6600k

Overall, buy whatever you like, but don't post disinformation please.
If they fix ryzen in a year or 2 and theres a sale i would post the deal. Imho flopped as of this writing
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3107 posts
4579 upvotes
West GTA
ktm07sx wrote: Then buy it from ur time machine from when i last posted the deal?

Also i feel rhyzen flopped because of the rampant bugs and ram issues and lack of gaming performance below 4k. Its another IMHO type deal but if you want to find a source just google. If you do hosting or other "productivity tasks" you almost always benefit from more chanels of ram which ryzen cant handle
Ryzen in benchmarks was shown to be on par to better than ALL intel chips for productivity tasks (editing, excel, etc). It was shown to be slightly worse for gaming, in situations where you have extremely high framerates (1080p with a high refresh monitor), due to the lower clock speed and IPC, though it's still total overkill for all modern games.

If you're a pure gamer and want the best of the best, get the intel 7700k. It's cheaper than the best Ryzen and it performs better. If you use your computer as a workstation, then Ryzen just might be the right fit for you.
Jul 12, 2013
81 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
How does this compare to the Ryzen 1700 for 1080p gaming & streaming/VR?
Last edited by klvnhng on Mar 23rd, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1037 upvotes
Richmond
ktm07sx wrote: If they fix ryzen in a year or 2 and theres a sale i would post the deal. Imho flopped as of this writing
Regardless of whether it is a flop or not. This is just a sale site. We post sales. We don't own the sale. Don't get overly attached to what you post and what other people having a different opinion. Making up stories just to make "your" sale more appealing is the wrong thing to do.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1037 upvotes
Richmond
klvnhng wrote: How does this compare to the Ryzen 1700 for 1080p gaming & streaming/VR?
Gaming VR is really more of a GPU thing. CPU doesn't make much different.

Streaming wise, Ryzen overall dominates k series intel CPU. Streaming, especially CPU encoding. Need more core much more than more Mhz.

Having said that. You should wait for Ryzen 5 series instead of 1700 if you are comparing this. 1700 and this 6600k is not on the same price range and probably shouldn't be comparing with each other. You should at least compare 1700 with a 7700k. Which is a fair bit better after OC.
Last edited by ID01 on Mar 23rd, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)