20% Other (downvote)
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 64gb RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2016
1154 posts
2510 upvotes
ashwani2k wrote: Newegg.ca Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy
I'm not sure what's funny about newegg.ca, they are a well respected and well loved shop. They have decent sales and awesome price errors.
Last edited by Admin on Jul 32th, 2027 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7167 posts
1489 upvotes
Toronto
It has DRAM so it will do well in a NVME to USB enclosure. TY OP.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
2894 posts
5595 upvotes
Thanks OP. Best 1TB drive I've seen at this price to date. Lower than the lowest price at Amazon.ca as well.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1285 posts
3337 upvotes
Good drive, good price.
InvaIid wrote: I'm not sure what's funny about newegg.ca, they are a well respected and well loved shop. They have decent sales and awesome price errors.
Ok so, most items I still regularly buy from them after carefully reading every detail but that's just grossly incorrect.
Everyone knows they used to pride themselves on not being happy unless their customers were happy, but ever since the china acquisition, they have gone downhill. They went from being a beloved company with insane potential to a complete hellhole of a corrupt company. a quick google search will show you dozens of scandals in the past years alone.
Like the time they took pre orders for RTX3000, made customers wait months during the mining craze. Then canceled all pre orders lying about stock availability but turned around and sold suddenly magically appearing stock for much higher prices.
Or when they only allowed people to buy RTX3000 bundled with literal Gigabyte Bombs exploding PSU's THEY KNEW were faulty and prone to possibly take out your entire house and maybe your life.
Before that, the time when NVIDIA set the price for the 1080 FE at 699$ but their partner Newegg scalped the stock of the cards they received on ebay for 1k$ all while their retail site showed all cards "out of stock" since 2 days before launch lmao.
Or when they engaged in massive 230 million dollar fraud. Creating circular transactions with other companies charging 3k$ per HTPC unit the banks later learned were only worth 8$. Leading the CEO to be convicted to 23 years prison.
I have spoken
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4515 posts
5502 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
almasyseifer wrote: Good drive, good price.

Ok so, most items I still regularly buy from them after carefully reading every detail but that's just grossly incorrect.
Everyone knows they used to pride themselves on not being happy unless their customers were happy, but ever since the china acquisition, they have gone downhill. They went from being a beloved company with insane potential to a complete hellhole of a corrupt company. a quick google search will show you dozens of scandals in the past years alone.
Like the time they took pre orders for RTX3000, made customers wait months during the mining craze. Then canceled all pre orders lying about stock availability but turned around and sold suddenly magically appearing stock for much higher prices.
Or when they only allowed people to buy RTX3000 bundled with literal Gigabyte Bombs exploding PSU's THEY KNEW were faulty and prone to possibly take out your entire house and maybe your life.
Before that, the time when NVIDIA set the price for the 1080 FE at 699$ but their partner Newegg scalped the stock of the cards they received on ebay for 1k$ all while their retail site showed all cards "out of stock" since 2 days before launch lmao.
Or when they engaged in massive 230 million dollar fraud. Creating circular transactions with other companies charging 3k$ per HTPC unit the banks later learned were only worth 8$. Leading the CEO to be convicted to 23 years prison.
Thanks for sharing.

I give my dough to West Sideeeeee
Jul 18, 2019
836 posts
2074 upvotes
North York ON
Got one for $105 on Amazon but damn, after reading that, I'd rather support amazon than Newegg.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4515 posts
5502 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
Keith1411 wrote: Got one for $105 on Amazon but damn, after reading that, I'd rather support amazon than Newegg.
Get a refund. C.S ask why

Copy and paste that post Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Aug 23, 2006
10 posts
3 upvotes
almasyseifer wrote: Good drive, good price.

read your post and cancel the order with one-click away to charge my credit card. Not a good thing from these scumbags.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2008
2464 posts
1744 upvotes
GTA
almasyseifer wrote: Good drive, good price. Ok so, most items I still regularly buy from them after carefully reading every detail but that's just grossly incorrect.
Keith1411 wrote: Got one for $105 on Amazon but damn, after reading that, I'd rather support amazon than Newegg.
Dirty business practices are everywhere. It is who got caught or not. Same goes for politics - dirty politics are everywhere; Trump got away with many.
¸

- - - - -
;)
Jul 18, 2019
836 posts
2074 upvotes
North York ON
DragOnT wrote: Dirty business practices are everywhere. It is who got caught or not. Same goes for politics - dirty politics are everywhere; Trump got away with many.
Water is wet.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
10225 posts
7191 upvotes
Toronto
almasyseifer wrote: Or when they engaged in massive 230 million dollar fraud. Creating circular transactions with other companies charging 3k$ per HTPC unit the banks later learned were only worth 8$. Leading the CEO to be convicted to 23 years prison.
Wow that escalated quickly!
Last edited by Angultra on Oct 23rd, 2021 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 11, 2008
744 posts
129 upvotes
NL
Link on Amazon please, I see it as $120
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
21797 posts
26342 upvotes
Good value folks, and not a dumpster Chinese brand with roll of the dice components.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)