Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

RAZER Blackwidow Ultimate Mechanical Keyboard (Refurb) - $64.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 8th, 2016 2:01 pm
Tags:
Aug 11, 2008
145 posts
29 upvotes
Quebec
Have one for two years now and it's still working as of the first day : Very well :)
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
3272 posts
387 upvotes
One thing I hated about my Razer BlackWidow Chroma (green Khali switches) were that at least half a dozen switches would be broken - by broken I mean they wouldn't click, and would feel mushy. I've replaced it 2 more times (for a total of 3 keyboards) and all of them had at least 5-6 mushy key switches..

I've had two K70 RGBs (Cherry MX Brown switches) and every switch felt the same, never any broken switches.

Idk if anyone else has noticed any "mushy" keys from Razer's green switches but I just thought that was very strange. Though going from cherry switches to Razer switches made the Razer switches feel cheap at first, but I actually grew to like the green switches a lot lol. I really like the clicking sounds as well as the hard click feel. To be fair, I never tried Cherry MX Blue switches, which are what Greens are similar to. It's just a shame about those broken keys on the BlackWidow Ultimate
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
Razer and Product Quality do not belong in the same sentence unless you put Bad/Horrible in front of Product, only exclusion is probably the deathadder cuz that's a darn good mouse.
Oct 27, 2008
283 posts
77 upvotes
Torontoville
fluffypopje wrote: Anyone had any problems with these versions ? Got two blackwidow and both had the same issues, the keys start to doubletap or not at all, getting worst and worst overtime, you can clean them but it take a while and only last a few days.
I had a problem with the key. it would think it's being held down. it was a firmware problem though and it's fixed now
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10924 posts
5461 upvotes
Toronto
thanks OP, bought 0... will stick to the better quality mechanical keyboards

refurbs for a reason, prolly bcuz people keep returning them
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1562 posts
1010 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
I dont want to be a cry-baby but everyone should be worried about newegg after what is happening to me. I dont think anyone should deal with a company that treat customers like im being treated. newegg-canada-accusing-me-fraud-1995945/
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2009
6858 posts
5573 upvotes
M-Arkham
JFRACINE wrote: I dont want to be a cry-baby but everyone should be worried about newegg after what is happening to me. I dont think anyone should deal with a company that treat customers like im being treated. newegg-canada-accusing-me-fraud-1995945/
so why did you open a dispute claim when they're already offering to do a refund for you?

FYI, the sec you do a dispute claim, the nice gloves gets taken off, and they will dig up everything to fight it.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2010
1562 posts
1010 upvotes
Lac St-Jean
Brewmeanie wrote: so why did you open a dispute claim when they're already offering to do a refund for you?

FYI, the sec you do a dispute claim, the nice gloves gets taken off, and they will dig up everything to fight it.
Opening a dispute on paypal is a concersation between 2 parts. Filling a claim is a different matter. Im still at the conversation step. They didnt offer a refund, they gave me a RMA and a chat agent said that they'll refund me, before their RMA team decided that the return was fraudulent. I opened a dispute because im not the first person being falsely accused of fraud by newegg and i was afraid it could happen to me too after checking online (because its the first time i dont receive what i ordered) . It seem like a usual practice from newegg to accuse the customer when they messed up. But for sure, i can understand that a lot of consumers could be dishonest. But accusing a innocent of a crime doesn't sound like a good business practice.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2002
1875 posts
576 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote: refurbs for a reason, prolly bcuz people keep returning them
Refurbs are sometimes a safer bet than buying new since they've been given a dedicated second QC pass. Sometimes the refurb gear is delivered in literally better than new condition since you might receive items updated (eg. firmwares, corrected parts) during the refurb process versus "new" stock that has been sitting in warehouses for an extended time. My own personal experience with refurbs over the last 15 or so years has been very positive - no issues at all on about 10 major items including notebooks, projectors, cameras, camcorders, TVs, monitors. The extremely deep discounts on the refurbs has made for some epic RFD experiences. As long as there is a manufacturer warranty, the risk is minimal.
Aug 9, 2012
396 posts
476 upvotes
BC
Just an update to this.
I purchased on June 6th, and received the item today (June 7th). I probably got lucky and they had some stock in their local warehouse - BC GVRD, fyi.

Keyboard I am coming from: CM storm quick fire XT full sized, Brown switches

Initial impressions:
- came well packaged with bubble wrap around the keyboard (including the included pamphlets), then in a cardboard razer box (brown type) and then in another larger newegg box, with air pocket spacers.
- near pristine condition of the keyboard itself, no markings on the front face, bottom or sides.
- checked the usb connectors and they had little to no wear on them either.
- all keys are functioning properly with clicks and feedback
- led backlighting is working as advertised.
- keyboard feels solid and well put together (as compared to my previous CM Storm XT)

I am typing this post using the Razer Ultimate 2014, and I had a bunch of typos as I attempted to touch type. Perhaps this is due to me coming from another keyboard (mentioned above) and I just need some time to adjust. I also understand that these Green Razer switches are a bit different, so I'll see how they compare to the Browns after some extended use.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2002
1875 posts
576 upvotes
Finite wrote: Initial impressions:
- came well packaged with bubble wrap around the keyboard (including the included pamphlets), then in a cardboard razer box (brown type) and then in another larger newegg box, with air pocket spacers.
- near pristine condition of the keyboard itself, no markings on the front face, bottom or sides.
- checked the usb connectors and they had little to no wear on them either.
- all keys are functioning properly with clicks and feedback
- led backlighting is working as advertised.
- keyboard feels solid and well put together
Mine was just delivered and same observations here.

Excellent deal - thanks OP!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)