Expired Hot Deals

Newegg

NewEgg.ca: Refurbished Garmin C550 GPS (Bluetooth/Text-to-Speech) $122.99 + Free Ship

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 25th, 2008 7:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4377 posts
4253 upvotes
Toronto

[Newegg] NewEgg.ca: Refurbished Garmin C550 GPS (Bluetooth/Text-to-Speech) $122.99 + Free Ship

The Shellshocker over at [rfdlink=116]Newegg.ca[/rfdlink] is a good one today... it's the Refurbished GARMIN StreetPilot c550 3.5" GPS Receiver for $122.99 with free shipping.

The C550 is a pretty nicely endowed GPS unit, featuring preloaded of the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico, 3D map options, built in MP3 Player, Bluetooth compatibility, 3.5" colour anti-glare touch-screen, voice prompts with text-to-speech technology, SD card slot and more. That's a great feature set at $123!

If you're interested in a brand new, non refurbished C550, NewEgg.ca has it for $197 with an extra $10 rebate and free shipping too. For the new version, that's about $212 all in including taxes and shipping.
39 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2526 posts
59 upvotes
I rushed to order but then red some user reviews on CNET that said that the mount is weak and the sound quality isn't good. Any one have any insight? It's a 2 year old model so I'm not so sure.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4377 posts
4253 upvotes
Toronto
vincent-poon wrote: perhaps this is the right link: http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.as ... 6858108336

and hows the shipping from this site? is it really free? cus there might be some hidden fees or something
No hidden fees. Everything you pay is displayed at the checkout. There's a $1 brokerage free in there, but that's it.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2006
1347 posts
6 upvotes
ashgotti wrote: I rushed to order but then red some user reviews on CNET that said that the mount is weak and the sound quality isn't good. Any one have any insight? It's a 2 year old model so I'm not so sure.
if its 2 years old then doesnt that mean the map is outdated?
Dec 20, 2006
9 posts
1 upvote
Calgary
I have had one of these for the past 8 months and it is very good. Once I registered the unit with Garmin I had 30 days to download the updated maps from their site for free. It is well worth the price. I just ordered one as a gift for my daughter.
Mar 11, 2007
179 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this from BB last Dec for $350+ Excellent GPS - BT, Voice, MP3, FM transmitter ($60 life subscription). Worth every single penny.

U can update 2009 Maps to SD card - google search....
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9475 posts
748 upvotes
raysts wrote: I bought this from BB last Dec for $350+ Excellent GPS - BT, Voice, MP3, FM transmitter ($60 life subscription). Worth every single penny.

I just got this (the non-refurb one for $175)...

how does the traffic updates work?
Mar 26, 2006
409 posts
357 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
raysts wrote: I bought this from BB last Dec for $350+ Excellent GPS - BT, Voice, MP3, FM transmitter ($60 life subscription). Worth every single penny.

Does it have a FM Transmitter (so you can tune to an FM station to output the GPS audio) or do you mean FM Traffic Receiver for real-time traffic updates?
Feb 25, 2004
353 posts
273 upvotes
Montreal
No FM Transmitter on this unit, he means FM Traffic Receiver as you suspected.

I have this and would recommend it, especially if you're looking for a BT enabled unit.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2005
3171 posts
142 upvotes
Mississauga
Ordered one... I think it is a good deal for a refurbished product.
Mar 11, 2007
179 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
jiggajayd wrote: Does it have a FM Transmitter (so you can tune to an FM station to output the GPS audio) or do you mean FM Traffic Receiver for real-time traffic updates?
Sorry, My bad. Should be FM Traffic Receiver - which cost $225!

http://radioworld.ca/product_info.php?c ... ts_id=4456

http://shop.ebay.ca/items/?_nkw=GTM+20+ ... &_osacat=0

https://shop.garmin.com/fmtraffic/selec ... &CR=1&PR=1

It comes with free 3 month trial subscription.

After 1 year, I think it still worth $100
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1606 posts
826 upvotes
I'm going to buy one of these, seems like a really good deal for a Garmin with TTS, bluetooth, and FM traffic.

Are there any newegg promo codes I can use with this item? Every code I've found so far has either expired or isn't compatible.

Let me know, I'm about to order now.
Thanks.
Always in search of a great deal....
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3133 posts
681 upvotes
I spent a good 30 minutes scouring the net for a working coupon. I only found 1 valid one, but it said that it wouldn't work in this context. Ordered anyway, didn't wanna miss out :P
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1606 posts
826 upvotes
Yep, same here. Bit the bullet and ordered, didn't want it to sell out while I was trying to save an extra $10.

Great price and free shipping is excellent. Now I just hope that UPS doesn't screw things up, as they usually do.
Always in search of a great deal....
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3133 posts
681 upvotes
I was charged 1.23 for shipping instead of $1 for some reason...
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2526 posts
59 upvotes
Netcruzer wrote: Yep, same here. Bit the bullet and ordered, didn't want it to sell out while I was trying to save an extra $10.

Great price and free shipping is excellent. Now I just hope that UPS doesn't screw things up, as they usually do.
I ordered one too. Bluetooth + Text-to-Speech for this price is too good to pass up. I saw in a staples flyer yesterday that they're cheapest was this price and it was the Mio Moov brand.

I'm guessing it'll take two weeks, I hope it's in good condition.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2008
9475 posts
748 upvotes
Netcruzer wrote: Yep, same here. Bit the bullet and ordered, didn't want it to sell out while I was trying to save an extra $10.

I ordered mine on thursday and got the unit on Monday...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)