Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg Canada] noblechairs Hero ST Gaming Chair - Fabric - Limited Edition - Anthracite - $439.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2020 5:11 pm
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Sep 6, 2010
5 posts
14 upvotes
Markham

noblechairs Hero ST Gaming Chair - Fabric - Limited Edition - Anthracite - $439.99

Deal Link:
Price:
439.99
Expiry:
December 26, 2020
Retailer:
Newegg Canada
I was looking for a chair that was durable, yet not made of leather or pleather. I found the HERO ST Gaming Chair in the new limited edition Anthracite color. It has a fabric cover that is breathable, soft, and yet still durable with a high abrasion rating.
It's available now for $439.99 CAD (regular price $549.99) and includes shipping from NewEgg Canada. On Black Friday it was on sale for $419.99. noblechairs are pretty much the top of the food chain when it comes to gaming chairs so, I thought this was a really good deal for those who are looking for an alternative to the usual leather or pleather gaming chair. The HERO ST also has a fabric that doesn't have any off-gassing which is a plus in my opinion. I'm very sensitive to chemical smells.

I couldn't find any reviews on this specific chair on YouTube but there are plenty of reviews on their other models. The construction looks to be the same with the all-metal frame and cold dense foam core.



The official website for the HERO ST in Anthracite: https://www.noblechairs.co.uk/hero-seri ... -chair-tex
37 replies
Newbie
Jul 23, 2006
41 posts
16 upvotes
It's also available at Amazon for the same price. In both cases it looks like you're skipping the taxes, at least for Ontario. Feel free to purchase it from either site if you got a gift card balance.

Personally I got mine from Amazon earlier this month, got delivered next day which I thought was quite impressive as I took the free shipping route during the most busiest shipping season of all time.

The fabric feels really nice and soft. Since the chair uses memory foam, there is the memory foam smell as it slowly vents out. You don't always smell it but you do get a small whiff of it from time to time. I figure this will disappear after a few weeks.
[OP]
Newbie
User avatar
Sep 6, 2010
5 posts
14 upvotes
Markham
ubi21 wrote:
The fabric feels really nice and soft. Since the chair uses memory foam, there is the memory foam smell as it slowly vents out. You don't always smell it but you do get a small whiff of it from time to time. I figure this will disappear after a few weeks.
Thanks for the feedback on your experience with the chair. I didn't realize that the foam itself would have an odor. I currently own an Epic chair in leather and did not actually notice any odor other than the leather itself but this may also be because leather is not as permeable as fabric so the odor of memory foam would not be as noticeable. I don't think it will be a problem as I have memory foam pillows the smell from them doesn't bother me and yes the odor does go away after a couple of days anyway.
Jr. Member
Dec 25, 2012
126 posts
110 upvotes
Banff
ubi21 wrote: It's also available at Amazon for the same price. In both cases it looks like you're skipping the taxes, at least for Ontario. Feel free to purchase it from either site if you got a gift card balance.

Personally I got mine from Amazon earlier this month, got delivered next day which I thought was quite impressive as I took the free shipping route during the most busiest shipping season of all time.

The fabric feels really nice and soft. Since the chair uses memory foam, there is the memory foam smell as it slowly vents out. You don't always smell it but you do get a small whiff of it from time to time. I figure this will disappear after a few weeks.
Curious if you'd think this would be a good chair to pick up for someone whos 6' and about 180 lbs.
Member
Nov 24, 2008
450 posts
56 upvotes
London
Would these be better then SecretLabs chairs?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 13, 2008
1535 posts
591 upvotes
Burlington, ON
trayton wrote: Would these be better then SecretLabs chairs?
Wondering this as well. Placed an order for one of SecretLab's chairs a few weeks ago and soonest delivery is mid January.
Public Mobile $13/month
Fido 3GB data only plan
Newbie
Dec 2, 2020
88 posts
176 upvotes
These chairs look good but are not comfortable at all for long sittings
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1525 posts
256 upvotes
Peterborough
Some Anda Chairs where on sale last week for like $280 I think My daughter was looking for one I Have the King seriers version and reeally like it but was $399
Jr. Member
Dec 6, 2012
171 posts
449 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this chair on Black Friday from Amazon for $419.99, no tax (here is my old thread. Received the chair on Dec 5; first day the seat felt little hard, but after the week of sitting in it for 8+ hours every day, I really like it now. Much more comfortable then my old office chair.
It's much better deal than Secretlab TITAN SoftWeave® Fabric gaming chair that was on sale for $549 on Black Friday. The total with HST comes to $620 for Titan. I saved $200 and got basically the same chair; it also looks more professional without any big logos like Secretlab chairs...
I have a little issue with the chair backrest not being completely straight due to uneven screw holes on the left and right side - noblechairs is sending me a new backrest; very happy with their customer service.
Last edited by torwizard on Dec 13th, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 17, 2011
2392 posts
638 upvotes
Toronto
I recently got the secretlabs omega softweave white chair and I love it, super comfortable and no issues. And looking at this, it look like literally the same chair. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the exact same manufacturer, and these guys just brand it like most companies do. I'm sure its comfortable and the price is decent. But currently secretlabs is having a sale which puts the PU leather at the same price as this and the softweave at $469, I would not recommend PU leather, not sure about their quality but every PU leather chair I had in the past would start to peel after a couple years and would need to be thrown out. Also, I have two $25 friends codes if anyone wants, send me a PM, not sure if it stacks but if it does, would be hot.
Newbie
Nov 25, 2017
78 posts
81 upvotes
im 5'7 165lbs. how is the sizing of this one?
im using my all mesh from STAPLES. put some foam underneath the mesh seat during winter and taking it out during summer. i would say its still the best chair i got so far even comparing to leather seat from SecratLab which cost me ton of $$$.
Im really curious about this cloth like material. is it like the same one you get from most cars?
Member
Nov 26, 2018
210 posts
208 upvotes
How's the built in lumbar support? I'm torn between the gaudy cyberpunk Titan chair from secretlab and this one. Lol. This will save me a few hundred though.
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2017
1115 posts
874 upvotes
I have the faux leather version....absolutely love it
Banned
Dec 6, 2020
10 posts
4 upvotes
Laval
I’ve got the icon series leather chair but can confirm this brand is excellent. Very high quality chairs for the price. I work 8+ hours a day and game on this chair. Lumbar support is great and cushions help as well. No tax is a plus!
Member
User avatar
Feb 5, 2009
202 posts
78 upvotes
ScottF391 wrote: Some Anda Chairs where on sale last week for like $280 I think My daughter was looking for one I Have the King seriers version and reeally like it but was $399
I ordered the Dark Knight chair from AndaSeat in that deal. Has really good reviews, so I’m hoping it’s good. Should be here this week.
Newbie
Jul 23, 2006
41 posts
16 upvotes
mattbooth wrote: Curious if you'd think this would be a good chair to pick up for someone whos 6' and about 180 lbs.
Should be fine for you, I'm 5'10" about 160lbs. The seat's length is about 50cm. If your thigh isn't that long then your butt may not touch the back. For myself my thigh isn't as long, however I have the lumbar support extended to the max and it sort of pushes me a little forward to the point where it's a good fit.
YujiroHan wrote: im 5'7 165lbs. how is the sizing of this one?
im using my all mesh from STAPLES. put some foam underneath the mesh seat during winter and taking it out during summer. i would say its still the best chair i got so far even comparing to leather seat from SecratLab which cost me ton of $$$.
Im really curious about this cloth like material. is it like the same one you get from most cars?
You might be a bit too small, just read my response above to get an idea.
The cloth looks and feels like a pair of new jeans. It's not like any car I've ever been in.
konig1 wrote: How's the built in lumbar support? I'm torn between the gaudy cyberpunk Titan chair from secretlab and this one. Lol. This will save me a few hundred though.
The lumbar support is pretty good. I used to use an ObusForme in my old chair, now I don't have any reason to use it.

You can view the video below as sort of a comparison between the Titan and the Hero (not my video but I did use it as part of my decision in choosing the Hero). I don't believe the Hero fabric is any different than their Hero leather line, apart from the fabric version not including any cushion or pillow, so the comparison is valid. I think the Titan and Hero chairs are pretty much identical functionality wise however, for aesthetics I would give the win to Titan as there's more variety of designs you can choose from.



I was a little disappointed in the Black Friday sale for the Titan softweave as the price was barely discounted. The Hero fabric caught my eye for being a comparable alternative to the Titan, and cheaper with the no tax pretty much sealing the deal for me, Personally I don't think you could go wrong with picking one or the other.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 13, 2008
1736 posts
781 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone have recommendations for a budget gaming chair? Was thinking of upgrading from my IKEA Renberget to either the IKEA Markus or Jarvfjallet, but if there is something similar to these noblechairs around $250, it's something I would consider.
Brown ahead for Bure. Bure going in.. he scores! Pavel Bure has won it for the Vancouver Canucks! It's a triple overtime hat-trick for Vancouver!
- Western Conference Quarter-Final Game 7, April 30, 1994
Member
User avatar
Nov 3, 2010
255 posts
365 upvotes
Niagara Falls
It might take some time, but at this price point, you're basically into "buy a real ergo chair secondhand" territory.
You can get a used Aeron, Steelcase Leap, Humanscale Freedom, etc. I did it with a Nightingale CXO 6200D for under $500, and it's so well built and comfortable it's insane.
Member
Dec 2, 2009
408 posts
485 upvotes
torwizard wrote: I bought this chair on Black Friday from Amazon for $419.99, no tax (here is my old thread. Received the chair on Dec 5; first day the seat felt little hard, but after the week of sitting in it for 8+ hours every day, I really like it now. Much more comfortable then my old office chair.
It's much better deal than Secretlab TITAN SoftWeave® Fabric gaming chair that was on sale for $549 on Black Friday. The total with HST comes to $620 for Titan. I saved $200 and got basically the same chair; it also looks more professional without any big logos like Secretlab chairs...
I have a little issue with the chair backrest not being completely straight due to uneven screw holes on the left and right side - noblechairs is sending me a new backrest; very happy with their customer service.
Have you owned a Secretlab chair or what are you basing this statement on?

I've never seen someone recommend a chair in the price range over secretlab. There was even some redditer who did a crazy indepth review where he literally dissected the chairs and compared all of the components, foam, stitching etc.

I've had my Omega for 3 years and love it, great adjustments, comfortable. Hasn't shown any signs of wear.

Really wondering how something like this compares as I have a few friends looking for chairs at the moment.
Banned
Oct 17, 2020
130 posts
481 upvotes
I'm sure you want to be the talk of your next Teams/Zoom meeting and really show off your ultra cool new gaming chair, but here's a real warning: they are uncomfortable AF. And yes, it's a Noble chair.

My brother in law got one for me to replace my super non-cool, regular but comfortable Staples chair, because he's some super gamer nerd and always kind of shoved that garbage down my throat. It's not that I'm ungrateful, but I don't care for that garbage and think adults sitting in racing chairs looks ultra douchy, and I had lots of back pain after a week. Took my Staples chair back and put this crap in the garage.

Top