• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2019 2:50 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
1074 posts
1794 upvotes
Midav wrote:
May 22nd, 2019 10:39 pm
Wondering what people are downvoting this thread for.
The discount is around 70-80%, but US only.
Just for not being able to get it shipped to Canada?
It's clearly posted as [US deal] in the title.

Frankly, this kills all the motivation to post any deals here.
Don't worry about the downvotes. I post many U.S. deals and lots of times they are better than Canadian deals. "Unable to get the deal", well that can apply to almost every deal if people don't want to get off their asses. A lot of people don't want to work for a deal anymore, just want to order online and have it shipped. Thanks OP.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6068 posts
1023 upvotes
Midav wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 10:03 am
Using the same logic people should downvote all deals not available to them locally or online, like Costco West or GTA only. Many times you can see deals available in a single store only.
Another example is a deal for Costco members or teachers.
I don't think the intention of the "unable to get the deal" option relates to this case.
If you click on the downvote button, there IS an option. Yes, it's related.

I am not saying that it is right or wrong metric to measure a popularity of a deal against it, but it is an option and it's in a rather grey area. A positive person would still upvote it seeing it being a good deal, whereas a selfish person would downvote it just because they couldn't get it. All I was saying is, don't get discouraged over what people think if your intention is to share a legit deal.