Expired Hot Deals

Newegg

Crucial MX300 2.5" 525GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) - $149.99

6 replies
Nov 28, 2010
979 posts
176 upvotes
Toronto
EdwardGamma wrote: I think it's a good deal, although with TLC chips. But nowadays TLC chips are everywhere.
I PERSONALLY prefer SLC (if cheap) or MLC drives. For the durability.

(Please, no need to educate me the differences between TLC and MLC, or their pros/cons, or how good the new TLC drives are. I use SLC chips to make my own flash drives. I thank you first~~~~~)
No need to show off.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1901 posts
752 upvotes
EdwardGamma wrote: I think it's a good deal, although with TLC chips. But nowadays TLC chips are everywhere.
I PERSONALLY prefer SLC (if cheap) or MLC drives. For the durability.

(Please, no need to educate me the differences between TLC and MLC, or their pros/cons, or how good the new TLC drives are. I use SLC chips to make my own flash drives. I thank you first~~~~~)
High capacity SLC has been out of production for many years. Out of which pot at the end of which rainbow do you source your SLC NAND from?
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4506 posts
969 upvotes
Toronto
Really solid SSD. I recommend it. It doesn't destroy on the synthetic benchmarks, but it's got Crucial's reliability and a massive speed boosts for HDD's. No performance hiccups like the BX200 either.

I've installed a few of these for people and the speed boost compared to HDD is massive. Dell Inspiron 15 i5558 went from like 65 seconds boot time to 10-15 seconds after switching to one of these. No tangible performance difference between this (the m.2 version) and the 128GB drive that comes inside an XPS 13 (2016) either.
Banned
Aug 19, 2016
1903 posts
759 upvotes
Crucial MX300 SSD are really good. Sometimes I prefer them over Samsung's 850 evo
I actually experienced faster boot up time for MX300 than Evo 850.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)