Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Crucial P2 2TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD for $239

• Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2021 4:09 pm
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24776 posts
32490 upvotes
xtrmDeals wrote: Which nvme 2tb drive do you recommend? I'm not interested in gaming at all. Just need something for faster read (I do development).
Pay a few more bucks and get something that won't spit the bed if you're doing anything work related or prosumer.

Sabrent 2TB NVMe PCIe 3.0 drive is my choice right now, but it's OOS via Amazon Prime.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: I keep notes on a few of the major drives for purchasing reasons.

So color me surprised, if your DRAMless claim is true.

Consumer SSD makers are renowned hucksters it seems.
This drive was always DRAMless. Check the review from TH posted earlier in the thread. IMO, this drive is basically one step above a Chinesium drive as far as I'm concerned. There are reports of the QLC version dropping as low as 65MB/s in sustained writes. Is it fine as a secondary drive or entry level machine? Probably but not at this price it isn't.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24776 posts
32490 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: This drive was always DRAMless. Check the review from TH posted earlier in the thread. IMO, this drive is basically one step above a Chinesium drive as far as I'm concerned. There are reports of the QLC version dropping as low as 65MB/s in sustained writes. Is it fine as a secondary drive or entry level machine? Probably but not at this price it isn't.
I just missed this detail. Never suggested they changed anything, just disappointing that they cut to the bone with this model.

Appreciate the heads up.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
xtrmDeals wrote: Which nvme 2tb drive do you recommend? I'm not interested in gaming at all. Just need something for faster read (I do development).
I know a lot of people here have a vendetta against the Adata SX8200 pro/S11 Pro drives for the bait and switch but honestly, they're still the best performing sub $300 drives. The Sabrent drive RFD guy mentioned is excellent (especially cause no tax) but there is just no stock on it ATM and who knows when it'll get stock. While we're at it, if you insist on something close to the original SX8200 Pro and have PCIe 4, the Gammix S50 Lite would be the closest (under $300) but I'm doubting you'll actually notice a significant difference between it and the Sx8200 Pro.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Pay a few more bucks and get something that won't spit the bed if you're doing anything work related or prosumer.

Sabrent 2TB NVMe PCIe 3.0 drive is my choice right now, but it's OOS via Amazon Prime.
Assuming PNY hasn't pulled a bait and switch themselves (never a guarantee with SSD makers), this appears to be the cheapest E12 (with TLC) I can find if you really insist that the SM2262's should be completely avoided. There is no data on them pulling such a bait and switch but with low volume sales drives, it can be harder to predict.
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/cGL ... 030-2tb-rb
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24776 posts
32490 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: Assuming PNY hasn't pulled a bait and switch themselves (never a guarantee with SSD makers), this appears to be the cheapest E12 (with TLC) I can find if you really insist that the SM2262's should be completely avoided. There is no data on them pulling such a bait and switch but with low volume sales drives, it can be harder to predict.
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/cGL ... 030-2tb-rb
Right track thinking.

Assuming a preference for Amazon, it goes for $308:
https://www.amazon.ca/PNY-CS3030-Intern ... 07QM2HD7B/

Nice surprise, the PCIe 4.0 2TB version is selling for only $325:
https://www.amazon.ca/PNY-CS3140-Intern ... 08TKRLY4W/

It seems like the price collapsed over the last two weeks or so, and it's gone unnoticed.

Performance stats are strong:
- Rated for up to 7,500MB/s seq. read and 6,850MB/s seq. write speeds

From a reviewer:

Potential solid buy if the right NAND and controller are used.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Right track thinking.

It seems like the price collapsed over the last two weeks or so, and it's gone unnoticed.

- Up to 7,500MB/s seq. read and 6,850MB/s seq. write speeds

When I saw that, I figured it was gonna be an E16 drive but damn, you just found a 2TB E18 for $325. Probably still overkill but hard to argue at that price.

EDIT: This has to be a price error, check the US Amazon lol.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24776 posts
32490 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: When I saw that, I figured it was gonna be an E16 drive but damn, you just found a 2TB E18 for $325. Probably still overkill but hard to argue at that price.

EDIT: This has to be a price error, check the US Amazon lol.
Alright folks, you heard it from the two SSD nerds chatting here.

Put on your Sunday runners and buy this for your next build before the Amazon algos inflate the price again.

If I had one iota of use for this, I would buy it now, but damn... maybe I'll buy it for a summer replacement laptop build.

Conflicted right now.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Alright folks, you heard it from the two SSD nerds chatting here.

Put on your Sunday runners and buy this for your next build before the Amazon algos inflate the price again.

If I had one iota of use for this, I would buy it now, but damn... maybe I'll buy it for a summer replacement laptop build.

Conflicted right now.
I know, I keep uttering to myself right now "I don't need this, I don't need this" lol. That said, unless it's been changed, do any laptops even support PCIe 4 right now?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
Lol the drive went up $25 already.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24776 posts
32490 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: I know, I keep uttering to myself right now "I don't need this, I don't need this" lol. That said, unless it's been changed, do any laptops even support PCIe 4 right now?
The next Ryzen CPU laptop series is expected to support PCIe 4.0. They skipped support on the 4000 series because they viewed it as unnecessary, which it really is, but this is a McDonalds meal more expensive than PCIe 3.0 for a 2TB drive. Tempting.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5692 posts
3831 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: The next Ryzen CPU laptop series is expected to support PCIe 4.0. They skipped support on the 4000 series because they viewed it as unnecessary, which it really is, but this is a McDonalds meal more expensive than PCIe 3.0 for a 2TB drive. Tempting.
It's up to $350 and don't forget the extra heat inside a laptop won't do it any favours.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24776 posts
32490 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote: It's up to $350 and don't forget the extra heat inside a laptop won't do it any favours.
The heatsink is designed for more intense read and write cycles than I'll put it through. I just need the burst speed from time to time.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24776 posts
32490 upvotes
genesisturbo wrote: It still shows up as $262.25
He's referring to the PNY 2TB drive.

Those deals are dead now, check out Expired Deals.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22381 posts
3255 upvotes
Gee wrote: It is not farmed. It is plotted
Plotting is an intermediate step and is not rewarded. Farming is the only stage where you can earn crypto.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
36335 posts
9596 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
saudor wrote: I see this comment on almost every HDD/SSD thread. If it keeps up, it's going to be the toilet paper problem again
Video cards are akin to Lysol wipes
Hard drives are the new toilet paper
Deal Guru
Jun 18, 2012
10563 posts
5207 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Right track thinking.

- Rated for up to 7,500MB/s seq. read and 6,850MB/s seq. write speeds

From a reviewer:

Did I miss that? Price seemed to have gone up
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24776 posts
32490 upvotes
ManCaveGamer wrote: Did I miss that? Price seemed to have gone up
Yes, I immediately created a thread and it was bid up within minutes.

Check out Expired Deals.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)