• Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2021 4:24 am
[OP]
Jun 29, 2018
22 posts
31 upvotes

[Newegg] ENDED!!!!! Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro $599 before tax

Edit: Promotion is ended!

$799 - $200 after applying discount code + tax.

The deal is not as good as the previous price but quite close.
Images
  • chrome_rq62mntam0.png
Last edited by VitaJohnny on Jun 2nd, 2021 12:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CPU: AMD RYZEN 9 3900X
Motherboard: MSI MEG X570 ACE
RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (8GB x 4) 3200MHz
GPU: ASUS ROG-STRIX-LC-RX6800XT-O16G-GAMING
PSU: Corsair HX 850i
16 replies
Dec 29, 2017
298 posts
226 upvotes
A VERY solid piece of ultra-professional studio headphones!
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1541 posts
4820 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Good deal.

Would be better not to include tax as all provinces are not taxed equally. Oops what was I thinking, we all live in Ontario anyway.
[OP]
Jun 29, 2018
22 posts
31 upvotes
blyndfyre wrote: Good deal.

Would be better not to include tax as all provinces are not taxed equally. Oops what was I thinking, we all live in Ontario anyway.
Actually a very good point. Thanks for pointing it out!
Dec 16, 2019
34 posts
99 upvotes
These headphones are superb!
At first I was producing hip hop using the HIFIMan Sundara planar headphones paired with a Monolith amp. The sound was very pleasant but lacking in the low end. However, my mixes weren't translating well in the car or on earbuds.

I started producing with the Beyer 1990s and immediately thought they were sibilant/sharp. But what it really was: my mixes themselves were too sharp and the 1990s would scream at me.

As soon as I started to tame the mixes to get even frequency levels on the 1990s, the mixes would sound good everywhere.

TLDR; these headphones are worth every penny for producers who mix their own music and don't have an acoustically treated space. Just be sure to power them with a good Amp.

Btw I mixed this song using the 1990s if you're curious about their mixing potential:

Dec 1, 2015
106 posts
128 upvotes
toronto
Pzfight1 wrote: These headphones are superb!
At first I was producing hip hop using the HIFIMan Sundara planar headphones paired with a Monolith amp. The sound was very pleasant but lacking in the low end. However, my mixes weren't translating well in the car or on earbuds.

I started producing with the Beyer 1990s and immediately thought they were sibilant/sharp. But what it really was: my mixes themselves were too sharp and the 1990s would scream at me.

As soon as I started to tame the mixes to get even frequency levels on the 1990s, the mixes would sound good everywhere.

TLDR; these headphones are worth every penny for producers who mix their own music and don't have an acoustically treated space. Just be sure to power them with a good Amp.

Btw I mixed this song using the 1990s if you're curious about their mixing potential:

No headphones on this planet gunna make that song sound good m8
Deal Addict
Jun 24, 2002
3315 posts
1048 upvotes
BC
dbuudz wrote: No headphones on this planet gunna make that song sound good m8
Can confirm, tried it on about $5K worth of headphones and gear.
Feb 6, 2017
195 posts
333 upvotes
$200 off w/ promo code 257CTDG37

**NOTE** You will likely need a headphone amp, this is the 250ohm version

Circumaural headphones for high-end studio use
250-Ohm, 45-mm dynamic Tesla neodymium driver
Single-sided, detachable cable with mini-XLR connector
Soft, replaceable ear pads and headband for long, drawn-out studio sessions
Made in Germany
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15894 posts
7465 upvotes
Ottawa
these have a really sharp treble, like a lot of other Beyer headphones. Makes vocals sound very sibilant.

If they tamed that, it would be a very balanced sounding headphone. It's too bad because I really like the looks, build quality and comfort of their products (I had the DT880)
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.
May 11, 2011
682 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
I have Beyerdynamic DT 1350 80om headset. It’s barely used. If anyone is interested please PM Me
Life is a play. Everyone deserves an Oscar.
May 1, 2017
172 posts
253 upvotes
Hamilton
I have both the HD650 (from 10 years ago, the newer versions might be different) and the DT1990pro. The HD650 are more airy and neutral, I use them mostly for vocal and classical. The DT1990pro are more in your face (guess it's because it's for mixing and studio use) and every note is pushed directly to you for your attention. I don't mind the treble as I change the pads to thicker ones (different pads produce different sounds) and that also improve the comfort (clamping force on a new one was pretty strong!) The bass /mid bass in the 1990pro is more punchy (because of the tesla driver?) and they're very very good for EDM (techno, pyschetrance). The build quality of both phones are very solid and they both need good amping power to driver properly (impedance:1990pro 250Ω, HD650 300Ω). HD650 can be used with balanced cables and DT1990pro cannot be used with balanced cables.
Oct 24, 2019
219 posts
273 upvotes
Pzfight1 wrote: These headphones are superb!

I'm not huge into Headphones but they do look to be sharp headphones.
warpdrive wrote: these have a really sharp treble, like a lot of other Beyer headphones. Makes vocals sound very sibilant.

If they tamed that, it would be a very balanced sounding headphone. It's too bad because I really like the looks, build quality and comfort of their products (I had the DT880)
I do hear this a lot. I picked up a pair of DT880 years ago for my Classical music listening over the DT990 because they said the 880 are more neutral. I stupidly got the 600Ohm version thinking higher was better.
I still really loved the headphone. It was not that the treble was too high but for me the sub bass was there but in the background.
Years later I found this YouTuber "No Theme Reviews" that also had DT880s 600 Ohm and I how see that when it comes to amps, you should not be chasing power but other specs to get the 600 Ohm version to work.
Now I have the subbass I always wanted and I did not need an expensive high power amp.
Mar 24, 2015
398 posts
254 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Just chiming in to say, yeah, my experience with Beyerdynamic has been that nasty spike in the top end. It's not just a 90's problem, it's an anything with a hi-hat problem. I had the 880's and 990's, and broke 'em in with a good headphone amp for the recommended 150 hours, no difference. All of my gear is high-end Nakamichi stuff from the 80's, and I could not get them to sound good, which is a shame because they were the most comfortable headphones I've ever had on.

Ended up going with a combo pair of Hifiman Planars and Sennheisers for different listening applications.
[OP]
Jun 29, 2018
22 posts
31 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: these have a really sharp treble, like a lot of other Beyer headphones. Makes vocals sound very sibilant.

This I have to agree. I just received 1990 Pro today and tried both of the Balanced earpad and Analytical earpad. So far I'm absolutely loving these cans with Balanced earpads. But as soon as switching to the Analytical earpads, it is sibilant hell again.
Feb 23, 2021
181 posts
638 upvotes
lasalle
not cheap, but a good quality for its voice