• Aug 18th, 2021 2:45 pm
[OP]
Banned
Aug 6, 2011
281 posts
82 upvotes
Toronto

[Newegg] Gaming chair sale $170 off $499 MSI Mag Ch120 X

This goes great with my MSI laptop, for those that are like me, matching brands, apparels. I saw one of these at a local store previously, good quality. Usually goes for $500.

I was thinking of getting this one or the Noblechair.
Thread Summary
If you're looking for more options, check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best gaming chairs!
16 replies
Nov 27, 2015
92 posts
205 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Same quality as $200 chair. Better to invest $$$ into real office chair not gaming chair .
Nov 13, 2018
876 posts
1957 upvotes
Ecalr91 wrote: Same quality as $200 chair. Better to invest $$$ into real office chair not gaming chair .
But then I have to buy a matching computer.
Nov 27, 2015
92 posts
205 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
mikebmt wrote: But then I have to buy a matching computer.
Just print MSI logo and stamp on it. There you go you got yourself "MSI" gaming office chair.
Sep 29, 2014
372 posts
440 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
These gaming chairs are fantastic. The bolsters really keep me secured during my intense mine craft sessions. Ever since getting one of these gaming chairs I've spilled significantly less mountain Dew.
Dec 30, 2015
219 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto
mikebmt wrote: Image
lol
That picture and your one word response to it made me actually "lol" in real life because that is all it takes to encapsulate the ridiculousness of gaming chairs.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12318 posts
2462 upvotes
Richmond Hill
All of these gaming chairs are garbage.
Jan 4, 2016
327 posts
394 upvotes
Calgary
Terrible gaming chair straight from a chinese factory with little to no quality control. Avoid this chair and your back will forever thank you
Jul 23, 2010
935 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
A bit too expensive. I got the Anda gaming chair looks better for $288. I use it for WFH and it’s comfortable. One thing is for sure I’m glad most gaming chairs aren’t bonded leather.

Chair
Mar 3, 2012
297 posts
185 upvotes
Edmonton
i debated getting one for the longest time and then i ended up with two office chairs from Serta with the mattress coil technology inside ....and I havent looked back. And the cost of the Anda Seat Dark Knight I was eyeing was significantly more than the serta office chairs too. I never found the gaming chairs to be comfy.

They are based on racing chairs- there is a reason you don't see racing chairs in touring cars like an Mercedes SL coupe or Lexus LC - these racing seats belong in cars like the Type R or a M competition series car. Mercedes tried to do a bit of both with seats that had inflatable cushions that still gave you comfort but rigidity if needed but generally these seats are designed for track use and NOT comfort. I think humans are complex enough that somebody enjoys these seats comfortably, but they are not meant to be in long time seated positions like a touring car would need over a racing car.

I thought getting a computer brand based gaming chair would be different, but it doesn't seem to be all that different to the hordes of other gaming chairs. Exceptions seem to be with SecretLab for some people though. I'm glad I got an office chair instead of a gaming chair personally.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5297 posts
4281 upvotes
mikebmt wrote: But then I have to buy a matching computer.
And matching underwear.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3723 posts
2044 upvotes
Why do people have such a hard time understanding that the words "chair" and "gaming" do not belong together. Not only are all "gaming" chairs garbage, you look like an ape for thinking you're cool sitting in something that's 100% cringe. I laugh every time I see a YouTuber/Twitch-twit sitting in one of these.
Jul 29, 2020
340 posts
305 upvotes
Ecalr91 wrote: Same quality as $200 chair. Better to invest $$$ into real office chair not gaming chair .
The chair costs 80$ to make shipped btw. It's an insane mark up for a very bad chair