Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

GIGABYTE G34WQC A-SA 34" 144Hz Curved WQHD (3440 x 1440) VA 1500R 1ms Gaming Monitor for $549.99

Apr 26, 2012
167 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto

[Newegg] GIGABYTE G34WQC A-SA 34" 144Hz Curved WQHD (3440 x 1440) VA 1500R 1ms Gaming Monitor for $549.99

Newegg dropped the price on the GIGABYTE G34WQC from $649.99 to $549.99 today (15% off). I only noticed because it was in my cart at the time. This is my first Hot Deals thread and I'm looking to buy my first gaming monitor so perhaps someone here can rate this deal for me (though I have identified this monitor as a good one, and this a seemingly good sale during my heavy preliminary research, lol).

Specs from Newegg:
  • 34" 3440 x 1440 VA Display
  • 144Hz Refresh Rate, 1ms (MPRT) Response Time
  • Immersive Ultrawide Aspect Ratio 21:9
  • Native 1500R Curvature
  • Smooth Gameplay with AMD FreeSync Premium
  • Studio Grade VESA Display HDR400 and 90% DCI-P3 (120% sRGB) Color Gamut
  • Ergonomic Design with Tilt and Height Adjustments
  • Low Blue Light & Flicker-Free
  • VESA Wall Mount Compatible 100x100mm
  • 2x 2W Speakers
  • 2x DisplayPort 1.4, 2x HDMI 2.0
Thread Summary
Looking to upgrade your display? Check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best gaming monitors!
20 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2013
2989 posts
2806 upvotes
+1000000 upvotes
Gigabyte ugh... And Newegg ewwww pass
Always buy now & think later, or else you'll regret your decision forever.
The first rule of RFD is to not talk about RFD or call customer service to ask about price errors.
The second rule of RFD is to not forget about the first rule.
Nov 1, 2020
50 posts
81 upvotes
Montreal
Great monitor, currently using it for my daily work and also for gaming after work.
Sadly you will probably get downvoted to hell for it being Newegg
Apr 26, 2012
167 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
Oh god, my worst nightmare is playing out. What have I done?
Jan 13, 2022
5 posts
2 upvotes
What's the issue with newegg? I had bad experiences with them but nothing critical, just curious
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
2196 posts
1486 upvotes
I have this monitor, not bad. Wish it was brighter. HDR400, it actually out performs this spec so the monitor is good.
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2637 posts
1167 upvotes
DO NOT BUY THIS! I had this monitor and literally after 1 year it died. Tried to RMA it and they told me I had to ship it to US and they DO NOT cover shipping. Shipping a 34" ultrawide will cost $100+ not to mention, they will repair and ship it back. Then you have to wait 1-2 months for the repair and when you get it back, you'll get slapped with duties/fees which will probably be another $50-75. They dont offer advanced replacements or have a local canadian RMA center. Now im stuck with a 34" paper weight that I wasted $600 on.

NEVER BUYING GIGABYTE AGAIN!
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2014
2447 posts
2912 upvotes
Laputa
nuwan32 wrote: DO NOT BUY THIS! I had this monitor and literally after 1 year it died. Tried to RMA it and they told me I had to ship it to US and they DO NOT cover shipping. Shipping a 34" ultrawide will cost $100+ not to mention, they will repair and ship it back. Then you have to wait 1-2 months for the repair and when you get it back, you'll get slapped with duties/fees which will probably be another $50-75. They dont offer advanced replacements or have a local canadian RMA center. Now im stuck with a 34" paper weight that I wasted $600 on.

That's a sad story...

Thx OP! Bought 10 😂
Nov 1, 2020
50 posts
81 upvotes
Montreal
nuwan32 wrote: DO NOT BUY THIS! I had this monitor and literally after 1 year it died. Tried to RMA it and they told me I had to ship it to US and they DO NOT cover shipping. Shipping a 34" ultrawide will cost $100+ not to mention, they will repair and ship it back. Then you have to wait 1-2 months for the repair and when you get it back, you'll get slapped with duties/fees which will probably be another $50-75. They dont offer advanced replacements or have a local canadian RMA center. Now im stuck with a 34" paper weight that I wasted $600 on.

I never understand this mentality 1 persons experience isn't a general consensus on how an item or brand performs. It sucks your individual experience was this but if we are going by personal experiences I have zero issues with mine and my dad also has this monitor over a year and no issues so by your logic DO BUY THIS. /shrug
Dec 25, 2017
275 posts
243 upvotes
Vancouver

What an experience. I read similar thread on Reddit as well! This is why I resisted buying any Gigabyte monitors even though they look really good on paper and are value for money buys most of the time
Irishguyinmtl wrote: I never understand this mentality 1 persons experience isn't a general consensus on how an item or brand performs. It sucks your individual experience was this but if we are going by personal experiences I have zero issues with mine and my dad also has this monitor over a year and no issues so by your logic DO BUY THIS. /shrug
I think you are missing the point. The point is that Gigabyte does not have an RMA centre here. So in case you have problems, then you cannot get it repaired at a reasonable price. This experience applies uniformly to all Canadian customers and is not a "1 person experience"
Last edited by soserious on Mar 2nd, 2022 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
1133 posts
1203 upvotes
Toronto
Dell s3422dwg better deal
Sep 23, 2014
744 posts
1208 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Irishguyinmtl wrote: I never understand this mentality 1 persons experience isn't a general consensus on how an item or brand performs. It sucks your individual experience was this but if we are going by personal experiences I have zero issues with mine and my dad also has this monitor over a year and no issues so by your logic DO BUY THIS. /shrug
Using that logic, your positive experience does not mean everyone else is the same.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2637 posts
1167 upvotes
No my experience does not equate to everyones. I have a gigabyte 3080 that works perfectly fine, but I'm praying it never breaks down because their RMA process is absolutely terrible, and that equates to the experience everyone else will have. If your monitor is working fine then you wont have any problems, but the day you need to RMA it or receive and support, you'll understand what I mean.

I ended up buying a LG ultrawide, the one mentioned here: amazon-ca-lg-ultragear-34-21-9-curved-w ... 9-2527426/

I really wish I bought that earlier because the quality is much higher even from the build quality, its easy to tell. Not to mention IPS >>>> VA, night and day difference.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2019
2306 posts
3008 upvotes
who else bought M27Q or some other similar ones from Gigabyte and started having issue?

mine had a dead pixel appearing after 6 months of use; after returned 2 both of which had dead pixels
-------------------
Rogers mobile + internet
Mar 20, 2016
641 posts
672 upvotes
Vancouver

Ship with Netparcel should cost a lot less than $100. Its way cheaper than canada post.
And you should not be required to pay duties on the return shipment. But that may take some work if they declare high value.
https://canadacrossborderfreight.com/sh ... or-repair/
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2588 posts
2052 upvotes
Clarington
There are lots of very similar RMA stories involving Gigabyte.

My experience back in 2016 with Gigabyte's RMA team was almost identical to this guys.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comment ... epartment/

Essentially took their RMA department 3 times and almost a full calendar year to get me a working video card.