Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] High Endurance Micro SDXC Samsung, kingston, sandisk from $9.99 plus shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2019 5:34 am
May 17, 2010
272 posts
162 upvotes
My 128GB Kingston "High Endurance" just died in less than a month in my dashcam. Went back to 64GB Sandisk Ultra that worked flawlessly for over a year so far.
Let's see how the customer service at Kingston is.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4590 posts
1898 upvotes
GTA
Unresphek wrote: Any one notice the card and the packaging is a bit different than official photos? Im thinking mine is off. Can newegg be selling fake cards?

My received package today with photos attached "top row"
And look at newegg/amazon photos "bottom row"
https://www.amazon.ca/Kingston-Enduranc ... hig&sr=8-1
https://www.newegg.ca/kingston-64gb-mic ... 6820242256
Ordered a 64gb card and figured I'd do a little testing. The packaging does look a little sketch but I guess that's Kingston for you.

Ran f3 and the card seems to check out in terms of capacity. Don't mind the read speed in the image; must have been my usb sd card reader. I ran crystaldiskmark on another computer and got 89MB/s read.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 7.56.05 PM.png
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3927 posts
845 upvotes
Mississauga
bunget wrote: My 128GB Kingston "High Endurance" just died in less than a month in my dashcam. Went back to 64GB Sandisk Ultra that worked flawlessly for over a year so far.
Let's see how the customer service at Kingston is.
Keep us posted.
I'm curious for sure as I want to buy a couple of them for security camera.
If their warranty process requires additional cost of me shipping to them, then I'd rather go with Samsung.
Feb 7, 2015
245 posts
164 upvotes
sf1 wrote: bought too quick and just noticed from Kingston's package it's only 2 year warranty.
And checked back on Samsung they offer 5 years.
Don't these companies have confidence in their products? Even Lexar offer lifetime warranty on non-high endurance cards.
Anyone knows if Lexar is good for dashcam or the Samsung high endurance is still the best choice even though Lexar has lifetime warranty? Was thinking of using it for A129 pro 4k when it release. Thanks in advance.
[OP]
Jul 4, 2018
523 posts
433 upvotes
Samsung 64gb on sale for $24.99 + 2.99 s/h. Lowest price from newegg thus far.

Amazon third party sellers sells it for around $25 if anyone isnt worried about possible fakes.
Put some resphek on my name!
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
3927 posts
845 upvotes
Mississauga
Unresphek wrote: Samsung 64gb on sale for $24.99 + 2.99 s/h. Lowest price from newegg thus far.

Amazon third party sellers sells it for around $25 if anyone isnt worried about possible fakes.
Thanks for letting us know.
Kingston 64GB endurance card is also back on sale at same price
$14.99 + 3.99 shipping.
May 17, 2010
272 posts
162 upvotes
wing0 wrote: Keep us posted.
I'm curious for sure as I want to buy a couple of them for security camera.
If their warranty process requires additional cost of me shipping to them, then I'd rather go with Samsung.
So far so good. They are a little slow at replying to emails (takes 2 days every time), so if you're in a rush, better to call.
They provided me with a ticket number and sent instructions on how to send it back to them via FedEx, all paid by them.
I'll update, once I get the replacement.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4590 posts
1898 upvotes
GTA
bunget wrote: So far so good. They are a little slow at replying to emails (takes 2 days every time), so if you're in a rush, better to call.
They provided me with a ticket number and sent instructions on how to send it back to them via FedEx, all paid by them.
I'll update, once I get the replacement.
Just thought I'd try to ask for an update with your experience with the RMA. I've just started the process with my 128GB card. The card lasted around three months in my dashcam for me.
May 17, 2010
272 posts
162 upvotes
Dave98 wrote: Just thought I'd try to ask for an update with your experience with the RMA. I've just started the process with my 128GB card. The card lasted around three months in my dashcam for me.
It was painless. They paid for shipping both ways. I got the replacement back in about 2 weeks.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2005
4590 posts
1898 upvotes
GTA
bunget wrote: It was painless. They paid for shipping both ways. I got the replacement back in about 2 weeks.
Thanks. How about the durability with the replacement though?
May 17, 2010
272 posts
162 upvotes
Dave98 wrote: Thanks. How about the durability with the replacement though?
Not sure, as I haven't used it in my dashcam anymore, just in my phone.