Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] **HOT** WD Elements 8TB USB 3.0 Desktop Hard Drive WDBWLG0080HBK-NESN Black - $134.99

May 8, 2001
609 posts
423 upvotes
SonicRings wrote: I finally got around to opening my package from Amazon and I noticed that it didn't have a plastic wrap around it. Instead, it had 2 stickers acting as the seal which I had to cut to open the box. I've got 2 of these identical drives from black friday 2018 which both have plastic film covering the boxes acting as the seal. Does this mean this is a returned drive? Has anyone else received a box without plastic film?
My package from newegg (shipped from US) also came with just the two circle stickers. No all around plastic wrap.
Discounted e-Gift Cards: WaySpa
Nov 21, 2019
52 posts
50 upvotes
MikeNet wrote: My package from newegg (shipped from US) also came with just the two circle stickers. No all around plastic wrap.
Thanks a ton for your response. I was very close to opening an exchange on Amazon, but it would have been annoying if they just sent me another drive with stickers given that that's apparently normal now.

Strange, maybe only drives at brick and mortar stores have the film while online drives don't? My old 8TB drives as well as my 10TB Seagates are all from Best Buy and they all had film.

I'd greatly appreciate more responses if anyone else can chime in!
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2277 posts
256 upvotes
North York
MikeNet wrote: My package from newegg (shipped from US) also came with just the two circle stickers. No all around plastic wrap.
Same here
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
1738 posts
833 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Stickers here from both amazon and newegg.

I wouldn’t put much weight on shrink wrap. I purchased a drive from the source that was shrink wrapped and turned out to be a shucked returned 500gb Seagate.