Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] Intel NUC BOXNUC6CAYH $164.99, Free Shipping

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2018 9:54 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 28, 2004
1722 posts
585 upvotes
Woodbridge

[Newegg] Intel NUC BOXNUC6CAYH $164.99, Free Shipping

Amazon.ca had this but is out of stock now. Newegg.ca has it with free shipping. Not super hot, but warm.
Last edited by wheelz on Feb 16th, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 12, 2017
15416 posts
4424 upvotes
Scarberia
are these capable of playing 4k 60hz mkv files?
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1530 posts
429 upvotes
Toronto
One NiC card or two? Link aggregation support?
Sr. Member
Jan 12, 2017
651 posts
34 upvotes
Thanks OP, if it only had an "I" series CPU, it would be hackintosh compatibleWinking Face
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
6884 posts
5801 upvotes
Burlington
This is pretty much 'useless'.
If you are planning to use it for movies and such, by the time you add rams, SSD, etc. you'll be at a cost of an NVidia Shield, which is way more powerful. You will be able to play every video file without much a hiss with Shield. This NUC, I am not so sure.
If you are using it for office work, and web surfing, Know its a J pentium, it'll be painfully slow even for just light work.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 28, 2004
1722 posts
585 upvotes
Woodbridge
konsensei wrote: This is pretty much 'useless'.
If you are planning to use it for movies and such, by the time you add rams, SSD, etc. you'll be at a cost of an NVidia Shield, which is way more powerful. You will be able to play every video file without much a hiss with Shield. This NUC, I am not so sure.
If you are using it for office work, and web surfing, Know its a J pentium, it'll be painfully slow even for just light work.
I'm not sure about useless. Working with Windows is much easier than working with Android.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 17, 2006
6884 posts
5801 upvotes
Burlington
wheelz wrote: I'm not sure about useless. Working with Windows is much easier than working with Android.
You are telling me that as a media player device, Windows is better than Android, more specifically AndroidTV on Shield?
Member
May 30, 2006
445 posts
237 upvotes
wheelz wrote: I'm not sure about useless. Working with Windows is much easier than working with Android.
Maybe more versatile but as a media player, Android TV is one of the easiest to use.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 28, 2004
1722 posts
585 upvotes
Woodbridge
konsensei wrote: You are telling me that as a media player device, Windows is better than Android, more specifically AndroidTV on Shield?
I'm not saying that. Just saying with Windows you have more options and easier to make system settings. For example modifying a HOST file. It can be done on Android but a pain.

Top