• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2019 8:07 pm
[OP]
Sep 6, 2016
109 posts
78 upvotes
Calgary

[Newegg] Kingston 64GB high endurance microSD $22 + $3 shipping

128GB also on sale for $36 + $3 shipping.

These are among the cheapest high endurance cards I could find. No info on how long the sale price will last. I'm going to wait a bit in case anyone knows of a better deal elsewhere on any decent brand (from a reliable retailer).

Specs
Performance:
UHS-I U1 Speed Class 10
32GB & 64GB – 95MB/s read and 30MB/s write
128GB – 95MB/s read and 45MB/s write

Operating hours:
32GB – 5,000 hours [this size wasn't available on Newegg]
64GB – 10,000 hours
128GB – 20,000 hours

Operating temperature: -25℃ to 85℃

Warranty: 2-year warranty, free technical support
Last edited by kbear99 on May 5th, 2019 1:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
32 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
8176 posts
1897 upvotes
Scarberia
Dam shipping fees!! If free shipping I'd go fir it
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @$39.99 no 60FPS 4k youtube :( using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Dec 11, 2006
406 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks OP! I might consider buying this from newegg on eBay so I can use that $5.00 coupon.

Remember to use that $5.00 off $10.00 minimum coupon "FUNFIND" on eBay.

*edit: Looks like FUNFIND may be targetted as some other members have mentioned it does not work for them.
Last edited by aznmidnite on May 6th, 2019 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2017
8176 posts
1897 upvotes
Scarberia
funfind code does NOT work!
*SIG: OptiPlex™ 790 i5-2400 @3.1ghz 12gb DDR3 ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit @$39.99 no 60FPS 4k youtube :( using D-Link DIR-890L AC3200
Jun 14, 2011
334 posts
142 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks OP. I ordered through eBay. “FUNFIND” code worked for me.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2136 posts
1749 upvotes
Richmond Hill
how does this compare to Samsung one?
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2136 posts
1749 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Code FUNFIND doesn't work
Bright side of RFD: 4 X Koodo $40/8GB plan
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Dec 14, 2005
754 posts
266 upvotes
Mississauga
'FUNFIND' code does not work for me on E-Bay
Dec 29, 2014
177 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
GammaRayFort wrote:
May 5th, 2019 10:18 am
Warranty: 2-year warranty, free technical support
lol

It's actually limited warranty. https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... 070a24060c

Here are some of the best details. :)

https://kb.newegg.ca/knowledge-base/ret ... icy/#10004
Returns for refund may be subject to a restocking fee. Read more about Refunds, Partial Refunds and Restocking Fees.
- When I click to see the amount of these fees, the web page doesn't load. :/

Products that are received by Newegg in any of the following conditions are not eligible for return and may be rejected:
Any product that is returned without all original packaging and accessories, including the retail box, manuals, cables, and all other items originally included with the product. Refund returns received in this condition may incur a restocking fee or be rejected.

But thankfully, the purchase comes with free tech support! Let's imagine how one of these tech support calls would go 1 year after the purchase.

Customer: Hello, my Kingston 64GB high endurance microSD stopped working. I bought it just over a year ago, I have the receipt and it came with a 2 year warranty.
Tech Support: Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Sir. I apologize for any inconvenience and I understand your frustration with having our product stop working. I can certainly assist you in this matter.
Customer: Great! Please send me a new Kingston 64GB high endurance microSD.
Tech Support. I'd be happy to do this for you as soon as possible as customer satisfaction is very important to us. First, you will need to send us the item with all the original packaging and accessories, including the retail box, manuals, cables, and all other items originally included with the product. You will also have to pay for shipping since it's been more than 30 days since your purchase.
Customer: I don't have any of the original packaging or manual but I can send the microSD and cable.
Tech Support: Unfortunately Sir I will not be able to process a refund or replacement for you without all the original packaging and accessories.
Customer: I bought this over a year ago. Do you really expect me to keep all that junk for so long?
Tech Support: I can certainly understand your frustration but I'd like to remind you of our limited warranty policy, which specifically states that we require all original packaging and accessories...
Customer: For what?
Tech Support: That's a great question Sir and I appreciate that you've taken the time to ask. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you. Thank you for calling tech support, have a great day!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
6915 posts
1166 upvotes
BC
Striker60 wrote:
May 5th, 2019 11:28 am
lol

It's actually limited warranty. https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... 070a24060c

Here are some of the best details. :)

https://kb.newegg.ca/knowledge-base/ret ... icy/#10004
Returns for refund may be subject to a restocking fee. Read more about Refunds, Partial Refunds and Restocking Fees.
- When I click to see the amount of these fees, the web page doesn't load. :/

Products that are received by Newegg in any of the following conditions are not eligible for return and may be rejected:
Any product that is returned without all original packaging and accessories, including the retail box, manuals, cables, and all other items originally included with the product. Refund returns received in this condition may incur a restocking fee or be rejected.

But thankfully, the purchase comes with free tech support! Let's imagine how one of these tech support calls would go 1 year after the purchase.

Customer: Hello, my Kingston 64GB high endurance microSD stopped working. I bought it just over a year ago, I have the receipt and it came with a 2 year warranty.
Tech Support: Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Sir. I apologize for any inconvenience and I understand your frustration with having our product stop working. I can certainly assist you in this matter.
Customer: Great! Please send me a new Kingston 64GB high endurance microSD.
Tech Support. I'd be happy to do this for you as soon as possible as customer satisfaction is very important to us. First, you will need to send us the item with all the original packaging and accessories, including the retail box, manuals, cables, and all other items originally included with the product. You will also have to pay for shipping since it's been more than 30 days since your purchase.
Customer: I don't have any of the original packaging or manual but I can send the microSD and cable.
Tech Support: Unfortunately Sir I will not be able to process a refund or replacement for you without all the original packaging and accessories.
Customer: I bought this over a year ago. Do you really expect me to keep all that junk for so long?
Tech Support: I can certainly understand your frustration but I'd like to remind you of our limited warranty policy, which specifically states that we require all original packaging and accessories...
Customer: For what?
Tech Support: That's a great question Sir and I appreciate that you've taken the time to ask. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you. Thank you for calling tech support, have a great day!
A return policy is different from a warranty. The return policy is provided by the retailer (Newegg), the warranty and technical support is provided by the manufacturer (Kingston). This is, always has been, and always will be the case with everything you buy unless the retailer is providing additional coverage, such as with Costco's Concierge or if you purchase an extended warranty plan.

For reference, Kingston's warranty policy is here: https://www.kingston.com/us/company/warranty
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
2753 posts
1085 upvotes
Also, newegg is NOT an authorized retailer for some brands that they sell, meaning the manufacturer will not honour their warranty however, they do appear to be a Kingston authorized retailer and I was able to use the FUNFIND code (try all caps if it isn't working) so this will work well for me in my new dash cam.