Hot Deals

[Newegg] LG 27UL500-W 27" 5ms (GTG) HDMI DP sRGB 98% 4K UHD 3840x2160 HDR10 compatible Monitor 3 year Warranty$389.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2019 3:14 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
2632 posts
1979 upvotes
Vancouver

[Newegg] LG 27UL500-W 27" 5ms (GTG) HDMI DP sRGB 98% 4K UHD 3840x2160 HDR10 compatible Monitor 3 year Warranty$389.99

NEW:

Until THU 27-JUN-2019 it will be on sale for $379.99 - extra $10 off, same 3 year warranty!!

[I was thinking if I should even post this [or anything at all] due to the bad experience with ever-growing numbers of criticizers of everything, you know these that can’t live without Apple monitor stands, but then again there must be some normal peps out there that this monitor would fit like a glove…]

Anyway, I got this LG 27UL500-W 27" 5ms (GTG) HDMI DP sRGB 98% 4K UHD 3840x2160 HDR10 compatible Monitor for $389.99 + FS and it is AMAZING! No regreats!

Price is very, very good! Priced at $389 CAD + FS, AND – EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: 3 year Warranty by NewEgg. Pay attention, because most of the monitors today come with 1 year Warranty only. NewEgg has promo where they are offering 3 years on this product [plus 1 year on your credit card too!] and I think it is a huge plus. [So don’t “save” money price matching BestBuy. Or do.]

“UL” in model name means “made in 2019”. It’s just a notch below its bigger 650 and 850 brothers, but for a way lower price.

And YES, IT IS IPS panel but OPTIMIZED for GAMING! So you can do your Photo/Video editing as you please as well.

Want to point out up front only two downsides I found:

1. It comes with DP and HDMI cables, but they are shorter then the Subway sandwich so make sure you have longer TOP QUALITY 4K capable cables if you need them;
2. Reviewers stating that the stand is so-so, so it would help to mount it on wall or desk mount [like I did – never unpacked the stand.] Or above mentiond Apple stand…

Some basic specs here, but I can only repeat: AMAZING PICTURE and speed!

• 27" UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Display [4K]
• sRGB 98% Color Gamut
• Radeon FreeSync Technology
• HDR10 Compatible
• On-Screen Control
• Fast nuf, 5ms

Anyway , I suggest as always: you do your own research. Here are some reviews:

https://coolelectronicsreview.blogspot. ... d-ips.html

https://datavision.com/products/lg-27ul ... er-monitor#

From the manufacturer:

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-27UL5 ... ed-monitor

27" Class 4K UHD IPS LED Monitor with HDR 10 (27" Diagonal) Immerse yourself completely with phenomenal image precision and Ultra-deep granularity that's 4 times the resolution of Full HD. Features Enjoy Breathtaking Clarity 4K UHD (3840x2160) presents four times the resolution of Full HD with HDR 10’s industry standard for High Dynamic Range imaging. IPS with sRGB 98% True-To-Life Color IPS computer monitors help keep colors consistent at a wide viewing angle with reproducing 98% coverage of the sRGB color spectrum. Color Calibrated Helps maintain accurate color on the screen and prevent gradual changes. Additional Features Radeon FreeSync Smooth Dependable Motion *FreeSync technology resolves the communication issues between processor and monitor, reducing image tears and choppiness. *FreeSync is available when connected via HDMI or DisplayPort Game Mode Game modes for First-Person-Shooter game and even a RTS pre-set mode allow you to choose the best conditions for you and the gam you’re playing. On-Screen Control 2.2 Stay in the game as you take fast, easy control of essential monitor settings including picture, audio and Screen Split with just a few clicks of your mouse. Style:With HDR10 27 inch IPS 4K UHD HDR monitor. Immerse yourself completely with phenomenal image precision and Ultra-deep granularity that's 4 times the resolution of Full HD.
Last edited by max011 on Jun 22nd, 2019 3:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".
27 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
3792 posts
704 upvotes
$381.91 from Mike's through amazon.ca: here
Use gcr for 1.3% in rebates. I have 2x LG 27" 4K IPS bought 1-2 years ago. Good quality and value.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4168 posts
914 upvotes
Kitchener
60 hrz in case anyone is wondering.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Oct 5, 2010
630 posts
141 upvotes
ericornucopia wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 10:18 pm
Or can wait for the ul550 model which is on sale regularly from bestbuy for 399, which has a better stand.

best-buy-lg-27ul550-399-4k-27-monitor-60-hz-2276709/

Bought one and very impressed :)

Edit: Actually on sale this week for 399......
Its on sale for 400$ right now (Ending june 13). When it just came out, I saw it at 350$ at best buy.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
1642 posts
658 upvotes
North Vancouver
Thanks OP. I appreciate your posts, keep them coming! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. (Groucho Marx)
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
2632 posts
1979 upvotes
Vancouver
Thundercloud wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 10:15 pm
60 hrz in case anyone is wondering.
Yep. As I said, it's IPS panel, and they come with quite narrow frequency range. Not for top gamers at al, but perfect for occasional gaming.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
2632 posts
1979 upvotes
Vancouver
Sorcerer wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 11:50 pm
Thanks OP. I appreciate your posts, keep them coming! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Smiling Face With Open Mouth Thanks. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
2632 posts
1979 upvotes
Vancouver
recordman wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 10:15 pm
$381.91 from Mike's through amazon.ca: here
Use gcr for 1.3% in rebates. I have 2x LG 27" 4K IPS bought 1-2 years ago. Good quality and value.
Maybe you [and few others] quoting couple bucks lower prices didn't notice that here it was not centered around the lowest price, but 3 YEARS WARRANTY.. for a few $$ more...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
2632 posts
1979 upvotes
Vancouver
ericornucopia wrote:
Jun 12th, 2019 10:18 pm
Or can wait for the ul550 model which is on sale regularly from bestbuy for 399, which has a better stand.

best-buy-lg-27ul550-399-4k-27-monitor-60-hz-2276709/

Bought one and very impressed :)

Edit: Actually on sale this week for 399......
Actually that is a very good price! BUT, again, only 1 year warranty...

Edit: As far as I can remember, the stand was actually the only difference, right?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
7798 posts
3271 upvotes
MVRD
max011 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 12:52 am
Maybe you [and few others] quoting couple bucks lower prices didn't notice that here it was not centered around the lowest price, but 3 YEARS WARRANTY.. for a few $$ more...
I see the 3 years warranty mentioned on Newegg's site, but where do you see the 3 years warranty is "by Newegg"? What would happen to the manufacturer's warranty of 1 year then?

Does it mean we ship the item to Newegg (Canada)...and they ship it back to the US (without additional charge)? Like, are we dealing with monitors that originally are from LG US, instead of LG Canada?

(FYI, it's Newegg, not "EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: 3 year Warranty by NewEgg": https://www.newegg.ca/d/Info/AboutUs)
Last edited by chatbox on Jun 13th, 2019 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2003
2632 posts
1979 upvotes
Vancouver
chatbox wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 1:04 am
I see the 3 years warranty mentioned on Newegg's site, but where do you see the 3 years warranty is "by Newegg"? What would happen to the manufacturer's warranty of 1 year then?

(FYI, it's Newegg, not "EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: 3 year Warranty by NewEgg": https://www.newegg.ca/d/Info/AboutUs)
Talked to both NewEgg and LG; Standard LG warranty is 1 year however NewEgg Promo warranty is 3 years on LG monitors right now.

There was email sent from NewEgg to subscribers about this as well a few weeks back, titled something like "3 Year Warranty on select Monitors"..

EDIT: LG Rep stated that it's normal for the distributors to offer extended warranty on their own...
Last edited by max011 on Jun 13th, 2019 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 29, 2013
800 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
I would speak to neweg about the warranty first, most if not all LG monitors I have been looking at have 1 year warranty

Edit: I stand corrected ^ will have to check to see if this 3 year warranty is also covered on the 32” lg monitors
Last edited by brensavoyton on Jun 13th, 2019 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
7798 posts
3271 upvotes
MVRD
max011 wrote:
Jun 13th, 2019 1:18 am
Talked to both NewEgg and LG; Standard LG warranty is 1 year however NewEgg Promo warranty is 3 years on LG monitors right now.

There was email sent from NewEgg to subscribers about this as well a few weeks back, titled something like "3 Year Warranty on select Monitors"..
Thanks, that's really good to know. Though I have also updated the previous post with additional questions:
Does it mean we ship the item to Newegg (Canada)...and they ship it back to the US (without additional charge)? Like, are we dealing with monitors that originally are from LG US, instead of LG Canada?
I assume Newegg.ca isn't a repair/service centre for LG monitors...so would Newegg.ca just give us a new / on-par replacement...or will we have to wait for the unit to be moved to and back from the US?

...this reminds me, the 4-year warranty on my monitor is coming to an end...time to see if I can extend that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)