• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2021 11:48 pm
[OP]
Banned
Jun 13, 2020
175 posts
159 upvotes

[Newegg] MSI MPG X570 Plus Motherboard- $189

Regular price is $239. It was lower during BF, but unless you have a time machine this is the second lowest price. Also available on Amazon for $204 right now with free shipping if you don’t want to deal with Newegg. It’s a decent entry level X570 motherboard.
31 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1265 posts
602 upvotes
Regina
Looks fine only complaint is 3 out of the 5 pcie ports are only 1x.
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3512 posts
3102 upvotes
Toronto
I believe this was the overheating board
Oct 9, 2018
17 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
antonv wrote: What is LTT?
Linus Tech Tips. That forum has quite a few Tier Lists and recommendations.
[OP]
Banned
Jun 13, 2020
175 posts
159 upvotes
Guess that’s why it’s $189 instead of $300-$400 like the other boards.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2771 posts
3487 upvotes
Calgary
If one wants to stick with MSI, wait for the X570 Tomahawk to go on sale. It’s been $260 a few times. Much, much, much better board and probably the best budget X570 board with its unrivaled VRMs.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42094 posts
6647 upvotes
ZipSpeed wrote: If one wants to stick with MSI, wait for the X570 Tomahawk to go on sale. It’s been $260 a few times. Much, much, much better board and probably the best budget X570 board with its unrivaled VRMs.
What is the reliability of the X570 Tomahawk? Any known issues?
Proud to be an Indian.
434 posts
382 upvotes
Vancouver
Tomahawk and this board both have 4/5 star reviews on Newegg, $70 more would get you 2.5G LAN or wifi.

This seems to be the main complaint with this mobo:
"If you didn't read this enough, AVOID using SATA ports 1 and 2. As much as the drives work, I have discovered there is an issue with installers involving the LAN and GPU drivers. If you have a drive connected to either of these ports, the LAN or GPU driver installers can lock up your PC during the hardware detection phase, eventually causing the PC to reboot."
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2392 posts
638 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote: What is the reliability of the X570 Tomahawk? Any known issues?
the x570 tomahawk is an amazing board and i'd say the best for the price/performance. excellent vrm cooling and great expandiblity.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42094 posts
6647 upvotes
jpwkr1 wrote: Tomahawk and this board both have 4/5 star reviews on Newegg, $70 more would get you 2.5G LAN or wifi.

"If you didn't read this enough, AVOID using SATA ports 1 and 2. As much as the drives work, I have discovered there is an issue with installers involving the LAN and GPU drivers. If you have a drive connected to either of these ports, the LAN or GPU driver installers can lock up your PC during the hardware detection phase, eventually causing the PC to reboot."
What is the manufacturer doing to fix this?
Proud to be an Indian.
Jun 15, 2011
42094 posts
6647 upvotes
nuwan32 wrote: the x570 tomahawk is an amazing board and i'd say the best for the price/performance. excellent vrm cooling and great expandiblity.
I’m looking to get a 3800 Ryzen cpu or the 5600x. Any issues using these CPUs?
Proud to be an Indian.
621 posts
894 upvotes
Regina, SK
djemzine wrote: What is the manufacturer doing to fix this?
djemzine wrote: I’m looking to get a 3800 Ryzen cpu or the 5600x. Any issues using these CPUs?
Sounds like maybe you should do some research.
Apr 23, 2015
78 posts
27 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Would definitely recommend against getting this motherboard. It has extremely poor VRM

Look for a decent midrange B550 motherboard instead. Most people dont need the a x570 motherboard anyway.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
1118 posts
563 upvotes
Markham
jpwkr1 wrote: Tomahawk and this board both have 4/5 star reviews on Newegg, $70 more would get you 2.5G LAN or wifi.

The early MSI X570 boards (the OPs) were notorious for poor VRMs and overall bad performance. Regardless of the ratings, this is widely known and discussed.
They released the X570 Tomahawk later on as a way to make up for the negative criticism, hence why it was advertised as "Return to honor".

The two boards are night and day difference.

If you were looking for a board at this price range, you are better off looking at B550 alternatives.
Jul 10, 2019
352 posts
290 upvotes
i have it and got no problems. great board.
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
34982 posts
4271 upvotes
Winnipeg
Rebellium wrote: Would definitely recommend against getting this motherboard. It has extremely poor VRM

Look for a decent midrange B550 motherboard instead. Most people dont need the a x570 motherboard anyway.
what are good b550 board?
Nov 3, 2013
621 posts
894 upvotes
Regina, SK
divx wrote: what are good b550 board?
You could start here:

Are people seriously this lazy that they would sooner post here and have everything spoon fed to them then take 2 second to google it themselves??