Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] NEWEGG.CA 544$ FOR SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 DirectX 12 + 2 FREE GAMES

[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1928 posts
1948 upvotes
Montreal

[Newegg] NEWEGG.CA 544$ FOR SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 DirectX 12 + 2 FREE GAMES

This great video card for 544$ ( price at newegg 579 $ then 679$ and now on sale for 544$ plus 2 free games:
Division 2 Gold Edition AND World War Z
with purchase, limited offer ( one week sale)

this card is not better than RTX2070 and better than RTX2060 , a great card for less $ than RTX .

AMD is releasing NAVI soon but for someone loking for a nice card for cheap , this is the best option ,
you also need to make sure you have room in your case to install this .

in quebec , we pay only 5% taxes cause newegg has no store in the great province.

free shipping.

for record, when i bought my 2600x cpu , i was able to sell the division2 for 60$ , for someone not interessted in those games , you can get around 50$ each , making thie gpu price even better.

enjoy.
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
38 replies
Jun 8, 2007
403 posts
568 upvotes
BC
I want to stick with AMD because my Freesync screen is not on the Gsync compatibility list.
I was debating on whether to spend ~$450 on a Vega56, but now the 64 is looking mighty tempting.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1928 posts
1948 upvotes
Montreal
divx wrote: i heard vega runs hot though
Google it , there is an easy option to underpower the card . not an issue.
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1928 posts
1948 upvotes
Montreal
Prestox wrote: I want to stick with AMD because my Freesync screen is not on the Gsync compatibility list.
I was debating on whether to spend ~$450 on a Vega56, but now the 64 is looking mighty tempting.
yep this card is supperior than the 56 , for less than 50$ , you better get this one.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1954 posts
4191 upvotes
Markham
At this point, it probably makes more sense to wait 2 weeks and see what the new Navi has to offer.

The price isn't attractive enough to pull the trigger without seeing the new card, and there's no refund allowed.

Edit: Also the games are worth maybe $50 bundled together. That's what I'm selling mine at and I still have 1 out of 2 bundles available to sell.
Jan 8, 2015
800 posts
509 upvotes
A few reviews mention coil whine with this GPU. I wonder if all those reviewers are using the same PSU or OEM manufacturer.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1153 posts
1196 upvotes
Toronto
More interested in the potential price drops Navi will bring to the RTX line up....
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1928 posts
1948 upvotes
Montreal
Coresu wrote: More interested in the potential price drops Navi will bring to the RTX line up....
RTX have already failed to deliver quality gpu. Geforce ship defective cards out of the box in some cases and other cards that dies after 1 to 2 days. ( My asus rtx2070 dead in 2weeks - returned for full refund )
They sure know the issue from the beginning (QA has certainly reported the ddr6 issue ) but they (high level direction ) decided to go in production with a defective product . Big mistake and the company is still paying the price.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1153 posts
1196 upvotes
Toronto
Bessem wrote: RTX have already failed to deliver quality gpu. Geforce ship defective cards out of the box in some cases and other cards that dies after 1 to 2 days. ( My asus rtx2070 dead in 2weeks - returned for full refund )
They sure know the issue from the beginning (QA has certainly reported the ddr6 issue ) but they (high level direction ) decided to go in production with a defective product . Big mistake and the company is still paying the price.
I didnt know that, the screen artifacting is still going on?? :\
Apr 13, 2017
450 posts
233 upvotes
People have been saying "amd will release navi SOON" for like a year. I don't know what to believe anymore.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1954 posts
4191 upvotes
Markham
KamS046 wrote: People have been saying "amd will release navi SOON" for like a year. I don't know what to believe anymore.
I don't know who "people" are, but Computex is literally happening in Taipei right now and AMD will be hosting an event on June 10th so...
Jun 17, 2007
267 posts
225 upvotes
Terrace
Navi is going to be very similar to the vega cards with lower power usage, since there is no new architecture on the new cards. AMD's new cards will compete with RTX 2060 and 2070, while priced a bit lower. Granted you'll have to wait a few months, AMD's "top end" Navi will basically be 95% of Vega 64 at nearly half the power use.

Navi won't be better it'll just help drive prices down in the upper-mid range, so there isn't a great reason to wait on the high end. It's basically going to be like the RX 580 again where it's not a true 250-300w TDP high end part. It'll give us alternatives to the GTX 1660 TI and RTX 2060, but Radeon VII is staying as AMD's high end part.

If you wait for Navi you might save $50... That's about it i think.
Last edited by Elanzer on May 27th, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 12, 2006
586 posts
121 upvotes
Markham
Elanzer wrote: Navi is going to be very similar to the vega cards with lower power usage, since there is no new architecture on the new cards. AMD's new cards will compete with RTX 2060 and 2070, while priced a bit lower. Granted you'll have to wait a few months, AMD's "top end" Navi will basically be 95% of Vega 64 at nearly half the power use.

Navi won't be better it'll just help drive prices down in the upper-mid range, so there isn't a great reason to wait on the high end. It's basically going to be like the RX 580 again where it's not a true 250-300w TDP high end part.
it actually is a new architecture, so that's good :)
Jun 17, 2007
267 posts
225 upvotes
Terrace
cloud9x wrote: it actually is a new architecture, so that's good :)
It's still the GCN architecture which has lots of bottlenecks for gaming and is more suited for compute. AMD's all new architecture is supposedly next year.
Sep 3, 2013
12 posts
6 upvotes
Edmonton
Elanzer wrote: It's still the GCN architecture which has lots of bottlenecks for gaming and is more suited for compute. AMD's all new architecture is supposedly next year.
Bottlenecks? I can't agree with this reasoning. The value comes from performance at a price point. Right now this is a good deal for a card that performs between an RX 2060 and RX 2070, and comes with 2 FREE GAMES. (The Division 2 + World War Z) -- The Division 2 standard is 79.99 alone. There is nothing around this price range that can touch the value this moment except for maybe a used GTX 1080.

I just replaced a GTX 1070 with a RX Vega 56 so that I could use Freesync with my 1440p monitor and enjoy my games at the frame rate and smoothness I was accustomed to. I was wonderfully surprised by not only the performance over the GTX 1070, but also some of the useful AMD unique features like Radeon Chill, which allows an fps range to be set to match a monitors frequency and save power/heat by not having the card render excess frames that will not be displayed. Game play is smooth and the card runs cool.

Had this deal been available at the time when I was shopping the Vega 56, I would have happily purchased the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 instead.
Jan 8, 2015
800 posts
509 upvotes
Does GCN work ok for last decade games?(2009 and older) At what year/era do older games stop working well with GCN architecture?
Feb 11, 2019
374 posts
428 upvotes
ON
grapheneburst wrote: Bottlenecks? I can't agree with this reasoning. The value comes from performance at a price point. Right now this is a good deal for a card that performs between an RX 2060 and RX 2070, and comes with 2 FREE GAMES. (The Division 2 + World War Z) -- The Division 2 standard is 79.99 alone. There is nothing around this price range that can touch the value this moment except for maybe a used GTX 1080.

I just replaced a GTX 1070 with a RX Vega 56 so that I could use Freesync with my 1440p monitor and enjoy my games at the frame rate and smoothness I was accustomed to. I was wonderfully surprised by not only the performance over the GTX 1070, but also some of the useful AMD unique features like Radeon Chill, which allows an fps range to be set to match a monitors frequency and save power/heat by not having the card render excess frames that will not be displayed. Game play is smooth and the card runs cool.

Had this deal been available at the time when I was shopping the Vega 56, I would have happily purchased the SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 instead.
Flash Vega 64 bios on your 56, decent difference