Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

[Newegg.ca]TP-LINK Archer C7 Wireless AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit Router $79.99 + FS

Nov 27, 2011
363 posts
264 upvotes
Canadia

[Newegg] [Newegg.ca]TP-LINK Archer C7 Wireless AC1750 Dual Band Gigabit Router $79.99 + FS

Archer C7 is still considered the The Best Wireless Router (for Most People)

"The TP-LINK Archer C7 usually costs between $80 USD and $100 USD, but it’s faster and capable of covering a larger area than some routers that cost two to three times as much. It also supports the fastest wireless speeds of almost every device we tried. No other wireless router does all this and costs as little as the Archer C7"

The router is on sale again for $79.99 (with free shipping) at Newegg.ca as part of their early labour sale

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... 6833704177

I believe this is the lowest price it has been all year usually you'd have to wait for black friday or christmas sales for the prices to comes this close
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2089 posts
1562 upvotes
Lots of sales on this router recently. TP-Link makes good routers - this is definitely a good price.

I opted for a refurbished D-Link DIR-880L for $64.99 ($89.99 less $25 off $75 coupon from RFD) - bought from Staples.ca and shipped directly by D-Link Canada (so hopefully it is properly refurbished).

It's a dual core CPU vs the single core in the Archer C7. Installed DD-WRT on it and it works flawlessly for VPN server, DDNS, port forwarding.
Dec 20, 2015
851 posts
683 upvotes
Thanks. This is a solid router. I was going to buy a refurb for $70+tax but for $10 more, I'd rather have a new one.
Dec 7, 2010
22 posts
27 upvotes
Saint-Georges
I got two of these routers a few weeks ago at 89.99$ from newegg.

The hardware version was V2, on the TP-Link website the newest version is V4.

Check the version before buying.

For DDWRT users, you need V2 and up, as 5GHZ do not work on V1
Can't hack it, Can't trust it
Can't test it, can't talk about it.
There is nothing a few beers can't broke or fix...
In those days, too many times telling the truth will keep you alone.
Jun 18, 2008
620 posts
118 upvotes
Montreal
xtreemboarder wrote: Same price at Staples.

https://www.staples.ca/en/TP-Link-Arche ... CA_1_20001

PM at Best Buy for $75.85+tax. Missed out last time when people were price matching a refurb Walmart but I might go for it at this price...
Good find!
For QC residents, it'll still be cheaper to buy from Newegg since you'll only get charged GST (5%).
Bought one this morning, thanks OP!
Nov 27, 2011
363 posts
264 upvotes
Canadia
biere666 wrote: I got two of these routers a few weeks ago at 89.99$ from newegg.

The hardware version was V2, on the TP-Link website the newest version is V4.

Check the version before buying.

For DDWRT users, you need V2 and up, as 5GHZ do not work on V1
V3 and V4 are for different regions; I think EU and US regions

You definitely want V2; because it is the latest hardware revision on the market.

The V3 and V4 are exactly the same hardware as V2 but have certain restriction in the firmware to limit the transmission power.
Dec 20, 2015
851 posts
683 upvotes
TENSEVEN wrote: V3 and V4 are for different regions; I think EU and US regions

You definitely want V2; because it is the latest hardware revision on the market.

The V3 and V4 are exactly the same hardware as V2 but have certain restriction in the firmware to limit the transmission power.
Who thunk up that cryptic versioning? Good to know though, thx.
Nov 13, 2014
1 posts
Maple
How did you get the $25 off 75 coupon from Staples? I tried to search on the thread and I couldn't find any code. Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)