• Apr 23rd, 2021 1:57 pm
[OP]
Aug 10, 2013
53 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto

[Newegg] Newegg Crucial 2TB P2 NVMe PCie M.2 SSD @$239 after promo code

hello people,

For those looking for a 2TB storage, whether it's for personal or for CHIA, Newegg has this bad boy at a pretty good price, I don't think there is any competitor at that price point.
Promo code YHCA78EM259
Thread Summary
Looking for more options? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the best SSDs for your devices!
8 replies
Mar 15, 2005
961 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
mthui87 wrote: hello people,

For those looking for a 2TB storage, whether it's for personal or for CHIA, Newegg has this bad boy at a pretty good price, I don't think there is any competitor at that price point.
Promo code YHCA78EM259
This is a great price for regular/gaming use. But keep in mind for Chia, you'd be saturating the bandwidth on this SSD as it's only Gen3. Also with only 600 TBW you'd only be able to plot about 50TB before wearing out the drive. For anyone looking to plot anything beyond a couple drives you'd want something with higher endurance like a Firecuda 520 or an Inland Premium (see here).
Last edited by jonnnny on Apr 23rd, 2021 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feedback: [ Heatware (14-0) | E-Bay (186-0) | HowardForums (2-0) ]
Aug 10, 2013
472 posts
208 upvotes
Mississauga
I have bad experience with Crucial product. Quality problem???
My BX500 SSD died and I have to send back to US , and I got charged for the import tax when they send me a new replacement. I never have any issue with WD, Seagate , Lexar, Samsung SSD.
Be prepare for all the COST & Time that you may have to spend......
I will not buy Crucial again even it seems good deal!
Thanks OP!
Feb 1, 2012
558 posts
195 upvotes
Montreal
i was looking at Chia from a distance as I have a spare laptop running an old i3 and get a SSD with 2TB.
thx a lot for sharing the technicalities , I was really far away .

Whats your setup like ?
jonnnny wrote: This is a great price for regular/gaming use. But keep in mind for Chia, you'd be saturating the bandwidth on this SSD as it's only Gen3. Also with only 600 TBW you'd only be able to plot about 50TB before wearing out the drive. For anyone looking to plot anything beyond a couple drives you'd want something with higher endurance like a Firecuda 520 or an Inland Premium (see here).
Mar 15, 2005
961 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
KT2312 wrote: i was looking at Chia from a distance as I have a spare laptop running an old i3 and get a SSD with 2TB.
thx a lot for sharing the technicalities , I was really far away .

Whats your setup like ?
Just a gaming PC with a Sabrent gen4 rocket. Your spare laptop can plot just fine, it won't be the fastest but getting started early is more important than anything.
Feedback: [ Heatware (14-0) | E-Bay (186-0) | HowardForums (2-0) ]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5502 posts
3623 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone cares, there is ample evidence to suggest that Crucial has been increasingly using QLC in these drives and it is also DRAM-less. That's not to say it's a bad drive but keep expectations in check. It's cheap for a reason and definitely a much colder deal than the P1 which was cheaper a little while back. That said, the combination of DRAM-less and QLC is very concerning for write heavy tasks (both performance and longevity) but for secondary storage, gaming, basic productivity, and even an OS drive for non-demanding users (which is honestly most users) it's fine. Just know that if you wanna copy a few hundred gigs of files at once, expect HDD level speeds once the cache runs out.
Sep 3, 2010
162 posts
139 upvotes
Thanks for sharing, FYI I’m not trying getting into chia mining. Just got a new setup done, first new PC in 10 years. Also first time decided to go with full SSD. Main drive is wd black sn750z would the NVME models listed in your link to have better endurance and reliability( as well as cost ) than other models? I am assuming if these drives are recommended for any mining task, they must have a higher than average reliability ?
Dec 24, 2017
326 posts
319 upvotes
bonegraft wrote: I have bad experience with Crucial product. Quality problem???
My BX500 SSD died and I have to send back to US , and I got charged for the import tax when they send me a new replacement. I never have any issue with WD, Seagate , Lexar, Samsung SSD.
Be prepare for all the COST & Time that you may have to spend......
I will not buy Crucial again even it seems good deal!
Thanks OP!
Usually when this happens the companies mark the return RMA, wich is exempt from duties.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
2135 posts
1366 upvotes
Markham
I am looking for a SSD HDD as backup.
I missed the deal from Microsoft few months back.
But thinking buy the SSD and enclosure seems cheaper.
-------
Thank you