135 upvotes

[Newegg] [Newegg] Nest Cam Wi-Fi Outdoor 1080p IP Camera 179.00 + Free Mini

Is this good camera? And good deal?

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.a ... 81-860-010
4 replies
Oct 21, 2009
29 posts
1 upvote
Or you can get a Wyze Pan camera for a third of the cost.

Personally, I would never recommend to anyone to purchase a Nest device (ie thermostat, camera, etc). Google already knows enough about you. Why give them everything?

From a security point of view you become a one point of attack. That is the reason I went with Lorex security system, Ecobee thermostat (Canadian yey!), Android phone, Amazon Prime for cloud storage, etc... I don't have anything to hide, but I am more paranoid than your average person :)
Deal Guru
Jun 12, 2003
14650 posts
1048 upvotes
Markham
You sure are... Wyze doesn't hold a candle to Nest. Don't kid yourself into thinking it's the same for a third the cost. You what you pay for.
ShadowVlican
Nov 21, 2009
678 posts
175 upvotes
Calgary
ShadowVlican wrote:
Dec 24th, 2018 1:31 pm
You sure are... Wyze doesn't hold a candle to Nest. Don't kid yourself into thinking it's the same for a third the cost. You what you pay for.
Hmm.. I dont know. I have 3 xiaofang originals and they seem to function fine even outdoors under a roof. Even in cold weather. AND I get to use my own storage.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2005
1409 posts
376 upvotes
Montréal, QC
I have the original Dropcam and it still works fine, except the motions sensor is too sensitive.
I get alerts everyday around sunset everyday because of the movement of the sun or when my tablet is laying around and the screen turns on because I got a notification.