Nintendo eShop $35 gift card for $32.50

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2020 9:39 am
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2618 posts
2142 upvotes
Cambridge
Anyone get the gift card not loading issue resolved?
Aug 11, 2019
910 posts
944 upvotes
jetertmac wrote: Not everyone is on CERB man! Sheesh!
in case u havent figured it out yet, its a figure of speech, it means if ur struggling or even saving up money just to buy gaming stuff, u should really set ur priority in life straight first.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2618 posts
2142 upvotes
Cambridge
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: in case u havent figured it out yet, its a figure of speech, it means if ur struggling or even saving up money just to buy gaming stuff, u should really set ur priority in life straight first.
And while this is true, it's an odd statement to make on RFD. Saving even $2.50 off something that doesn't usually go on sale is better than paying full price. Same reason people buy Switch games at SDM during 20x points. Sure that's better value but Nintendo doesn't put much on sale.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
2091 posts
4661 upvotes
Mississauga
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: in case u havent figured it out yet, its a figure of speech, it means if ur struggling or even saving up money just to buy gaming stuff, u should really set ur priority in life straight first.
Let's be honest here. RFD does not help to save money it just helps you spend it lol. I love RFD but how many times are people buying on here without actually needing it. If you are struggling or saving I would totally recommend not being on this site in the first place.
Aug 11, 2019
910 posts
944 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote: And while this is true, it's an odd statement to make on RFD. Saving even $2.50 off something that doesn't usually go on sale is better than paying full price. Same reason people buy Switch games at SDM during 20x points. Sure that's better value but Nintendo doesn't put much on sale.
well im not familiar with the intention behind buying gift cards, do people actually use it as a gift? or do people just use it themselves? if gift, i dont see a lot of people buying a ton of this to give as a personal gift unless ur some kind of organization or club. and if to use on ur own, whats the point of buying gift card when u can just pay directly? all that effort for like 1% cash back on ur CC? or am i missing something? if its the CC thing, most people have like 5-10 games, not a lot of people have a habit of regularly buying new games, so they also wouldnt be buying a lot of gift cards, and if they do buy games and stuff regularly, i would assume they have the spare cash to not care about this little discount. and the ones that fit both criteria, probably a very small % of people out there.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2618 posts
2142 upvotes
Cambridge
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: well im not familiar with the intention behind buying gift cards, do people actually use it as a gift? or do people just use it themselves? if gift, i dont see a lot of people buying a ton of this to give as a personal gift unless ur some kind of organization or club. and if to use on ur own, whats the point of buying gift card when u can just pay directly? all that effort for like 1% cash back on ur CC? or am i missing something? if its the CC thing, most people have like 5-10 games, not a lot of people have a habit of regularly buying new games, so they also wouldnt be buying a lot of gift cards, and if they do buy games and stuff regularly, i would assume they have the spare cash to not care about this little discount. and the ones that fit both criteria, probably a very small % of people out there.
Many people on here buy lots of games even when they don't have time to play them. These gift cards, people typically buy them for their own accounts. I just bought a couple to add to my account and I'll use them at some point. I was going to buy a couple games on my wish list soon so why not save a couple bucks now and then grab the games I want when they go on sale?
Aug 11, 2019
910 posts
944 upvotes
jetertmac wrote: Let's be honest here. RFD does not help to save money it just helps you spend it lol. I love RFD but how many times are people buying on here without actually needing it. If you are struggling or saving I would totally recommend not being on this site in the first place.
thats pretty accurate...but thats also what im saying, if ur on here, u prolly have some spare cash to spend on ur hobbies, or that umbrella everybody recommended even though u dont even use umbrellas in the rain. so unless ur wholesaling these GC to give to ur team as some kind of bonus, i just dont see this $2.5 being the factor that makes or breaks this price point. if u were gonna buy it, u wouldve just bought it regular price, or at costco, as someone mentioned. who is actually waiting for this like, "oooh the 5% off at costco isnt good enough, im waiting for that 7%" to pull the trigger."
Aug 11, 2019
910 posts
944 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote: Many people on here buy lots of games even when they don't have time to play them. These gift cards, people typically buy them for their own accounts. I just bought a couple to add to my account and I'll use them at some point. I was going to buy a couple games on my wish list soon so why not save a couple bucks now and then grab the games I want when they go on sale?
right, so, keeping an eye for sale on GC, so u can buy it, then wait to buy games that u almost never play. if u have the money to do this, good for u, i do the same, except with free game giveaways. but i still think most ppl dont do this, or at least shouldnt do this.
Jan 14, 2013
260 posts
227 upvotes
Ontario
orbitdesign wrote: Anyone get the gift card not loading issue resolved?
Nothing yet, they said they would look into it. Wanted to play some Hades today... hopefully they're fixed shortly.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
2618 posts
2142 upvotes
Cambridge
rfdnewbie6910 wrote: right, so, keeping an eye for sale on GC, so u can buy it, then wait to buy games that u almost never play. if u have the money to do this, good for u, i do the same, except with free game giveaways. but i still think most ppl dont do this, or at least shouldnt do this.
I do the same but I wasn't looking out for a sale, the post came up and I said great. I'll get a couple.
Aug 11, 2019
910 posts
944 upvotes
orbitdesign wrote: I do the same but I wasn't looking out for a sale, the post came up and I said great. I'll get a couple.
exactly. thats all its good for, if u were gonna buy it sooner or later, u see it, great, grab it, if not, whatever. i think threads in here that deserve upvotes are the ones that make people who did not want to buy this initially, but couldnt resist to pass up this deal, so they get it anyway, even tho they have no use for it, LOL. or those that wanna flip their desk cuz they missed it. this is not one of those
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6862 posts
1410 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I bought 4. This plus the gold coins basically gives you just a bit more than 10% discount on the eshop which is as good as it gets.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2923 posts
330 upvotes
Nations Capital
For those of you whose code is not working go on live chat.

I just did and they asked me to forward my redeem email to them and screen shot the blank page.

They gave me a working link in live chat and It works :)
Now Heat ENABLED :)
-----------
Who Are You? - What Do You Want? - Why Are You Here? - Where Are You Going?
Feb 4, 2005
141 posts
32 upvotes
Seems to be working now I redeemed via the code from email without issues.
Jan 14, 2013
260 posts
227 upvotes
Ontario
Calmuser wrote: For those of you whose code is not working go on live chat.

I just did and they asked me to forward my redeem email to them and screen shot the blank page.

They gave me a working link in live chat and It works :)
I’ve tried four reps and none of them know how to fix the issue.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2923 posts
330 upvotes
Nations Capital
leishmann wrote: I’ve tried four reps and none of them know how to fix the issue.
I guess I got lucky? my rep had no issue, took awhile but got it solved in the end.

But according to mountaindew the links are working now.
-----------
Sep 12, 2019
79 posts
120 upvotes
leishmann wrote: I’ve tried four reps and none of them know how to fix the issue.
Terrible customer service. Spoke to 2 and no one knows what to do. Email their support to resolve it.
I just want a refund at this point.
This experience was unacceptable. Never had this issue before.
Jan 14, 2013
260 posts
227 upvotes
Ontario
Calmuser wrote: I guess I got lucky? my rep had no issue, took awhile but got it solved in the end.

But according to mountaindew the links are working now.
Links are still broken for me. Last person I talked to said it would be solved in a few days? For a $35 card? Asked to cancel but was told I couldn’t.
Jan 14, 2013
260 posts
227 upvotes
Ontario
UltraSSJD wrote: Terrible customer service. Spoke to 2 and no one knows what to do. Email their support to resolve it.
I just want a refund at this point.
This experience was unacceptable. Never had this issue before.
Exactly the same experience. Worst customer service I’ve had in a while.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2002
2923 posts
330 upvotes
Nations Capital
leishmann wrote: Links are still broken for me. Last person I talked to said it would be solved in a few days? For a $35 card? Asked to cancel but was told I couldn’t.
Maybe keep trying till you got the rep I got? She seemed to solve it without issue. I don't want to put her name in public, but if someone wants her name, PM me.
-----------

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)