Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] Nvidia Shield Pro $229.99 (save $30) + $20 Gift Card, free shipping (Back in stock)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2020 2:12 am
[OP]
Jan 26, 2011
282 posts
787 upvotes

[Newegg] Nvidia Shield Pro $229.99 (save $30) + $20 Gift Card, free shipping (Back in stock)

A lot of people have been looking for a sale on the Pro model. Save $30 and get a $20 gift card.

Edit: 1% Rakuten cash back

Edit: Back in stock 12/15
Last edited by Anonanon on Dec 15th, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
194 replies
Nov 15, 2006
200 posts
105 upvotes
Thanks OP. Cancelling my order at Visions and buying here for the $20 gift card.
Sep 11, 2020
256 posts
474 upvotes
Too bad cannot use to the gift card toward the purchase , I rarely shop at newegg . Hopefully there will be better discounts during boxing day
I buy what I need , but mostly what I don't need #RFDlife
[OP]
Jan 26, 2011
282 posts
787 upvotes
HotDealFreak wrote: Too bad cannot use to the gift card toward the purchase , I rarely shop at newegg . Hopefully there will be better discounts during boxing day
In a few days you can use it towards a Shield controller to go with it, or maybe a new RTX 3000 card whenever those are back in stock Face With Tears Of Joy
May 3, 2018
123 posts
141 upvotes
I'm tempted... Is the UI snappy on this thing? Like with zero lag unlike those cheap Android tablets? Trying to justify its purchase even though I haven't even seen nor used the UI on the LG CX yet.

I mean, I guess I could pick up a NAS to pair along with it so I don't have to run an HDMI cable to my TV anymore, like it's 2005 Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1972 posts
3552 upvotes
Should update your post OP as this is going on sale everywhere now.

Also available at Amazon.ca for $229.99 (save $30). Can still use UGO to purchase Amazon.ca gift card to cover the cost and get $25 back from it's $255 total price with tax (UGO gives $10 for every $100 spent during their Christmas promo). That brings the total price of the Shield Pro down to $229.99 - $25.54 = $204.45 before tax, or $255.40 - $25.54 = $229.86 all in (here in BC... taxes will be different in different provinces, of course).

Nvidia Shield Pro:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07YP9FBMM

UGO deal thread:
ugo-10-bonus-every-100-e-gift-card-vari ... s-2420590/
Last edited by Elrondolio on Dec 11th, 2020 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2009
1972 posts
3552 upvotes
dealhunterog wrote: I'm tempted... Is the UI snappy on this thing? Like with zero lag unlike those cheap Android tablets? Trying to justify its purchase even though I haven't even seen nor used the UI on the LG CX yet.

I mean, I guess I could pick up a NAS to pair along with it so I don't have to run an HDMI cable to my TV anymore, like it's 2005 Face With Tears Of Joy
The UI is the snappiest of all media boxes thanks to the high end chip in it, the Tegra X1+. This is the best streaming, local playback and emulation box on the market. If you purchase a NAS to store movies and shows, the Shield Pro can play them all back at the highest of resolutions and bitrates with the best audio and video codecs without breaking a sweat.

Don't forget too: this Shield Pro (only the Pro, not the standard version) has a built in Plex server that you can use with an external HD to serve your movies and shows both to it and any other Plex client (phones, other tvs inside and outside your home, etc). If movies and shows are your main purpose for picking up a NAS you might skip doing so and use the Shield Pro instead. Of course, a NAS has far more uses than this, but just saying.

https://androidpctv.com/comparative-nvi ... a-x1-plus/
[OP]
Jan 26, 2011
282 posts
787 upvotes
dealhunterog wrote: Trying to justify its purchase even though I haven't even seen nor used the UI on the LG CX yet.
Shield Pro is your best bet
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2436 posts
2242 upvotes
Whitby
I have the older model. flat one. just bought a 3.0 usb key and expanded storage. good to go. $20

these devices are the gold standard.
Mar 18, 2007
113 posts
53 upvotes
Ottawa
Thanks, OP!
Ordered one.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4264 posts
626 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal, tempting but have to resist. Debating, decision decision?
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
[OP]
Jan 26, 2011
282 posts
787 upvotes
rui wrote: Good deal, tempting but have to resist. Debating, decision decision?
Per RFD tradition I'd tell you to buy now and think later, but on a more serious note I found this on the page:
Return Policies
We want to ensure your holiday shopping this year is hassle-free. That’s why we’re automatically extending our return policies on almost every product! For purchases placed between November 1, 2020 and December 24, 2020 you will have until January 31, 2021 to return your product. There's nothing additional that you have to do!
Return for refund until: January 31, 2021
Return for replacement until: January 31, 2021
This item is covered by Newegg.ca's Extended Holiday Return Policy
Oct 27, 2016
384 posts
939 upvotes
I think you can also price match this at Staples and get a Staples gift card

Can probably stack a discount code as well
Sep 6, 2011
262 posts
28 upvotes
Oakville
Elrondolio wrote: The UI is the snappiest of all media boxes thanks to the high end chip in it, the Tegra X1+. This is the best streaming, local playback and emulation box on the market. If you purchase a NAS to store movies and shows, the Shield Pro can play them all back at the highest of resolutions and bitrates with the best audio and video codecs without breaking a sweat.

Don't forget too: this Shield Pro (only the Pro, not the standard version) has a built in Plex server that you can use with an external HD to serve your movies and shows both to it and any other Plex client (phones, other tvs inside and outside your home, etc). If movies and shows are your main purpose for picking up a NAS you might skip doing so and use the Shield Pro instead. Of course, a NAS has far more uses than this, but just saying.

so you're saying the shield pro can be used as a nas if you need for nas is video playing? I'm planning to buy an entry level nas so I can store the movies I downloaded and then I can watch them anywhere
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1444 posts
411 upvotes
Toronto
Good deal. New version coming out next year?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5663 posts
1638 upvotes
Elrondolio wrote: The UI is the snappiest of all media boxes thanks to the high end chip in it, the Tegra X1+. This is the best streaming, local playback and emulation box on the market. If you purchase a NAS to store movies and shows, the Shield Pro can play them all back at the highest of resolutions and bitrates with the best audio and video codecs without breaking a sweat.

Great comment. My parents are using the Pro as their Plex server (since their serving up 4K blurays going over a network wasn't possible) with a basic external HD connected and it's been bulletproof, no issues at all. I am debating getting a Pro for myself and moving my 2017 Shield to our bedroom
Aug 9, 2018
142 posts
68 upvotes
For anyone on the fence - this is 'THE' best Media Player you can buy. Specially if you are interested in Dolby Vision & Atmos - others are plain finicky. Some will handle one streaming service or the other better. The Shield Pro, takes everything like a champ.

I am just wondering should I buy a 2nd one for my 2nd TV :)
Sep 15, 2017
60 posts
76 upvotes
Kelowna
I read the shield pro is great for emulation, how does it compare to a raspberry pi 4? Also how do you install retroarch?
Thanks!
Mar 10, 2005
238 posts
53 upvotes
Damn you OP....ordered...lol upvoted for good karma
cheers
:mad: :evil: :lol:
[OP]
Jan 26, 2011
282 posts
787 upvotes
cheapbastrd wrote: Damn you OP....ordered...lol upvoted for good karma
Just helping to spread the word because you just know people are going to complain they missed it and then complain some more about not having a time machine.