Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] OnePlus 7 Pro 8GB RAM 256GB ROM - 796$ (duties included, 3rd party seller)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2019 11:08 pm
Aug 19, 2019
4 posts
Mox wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 2:37 pm
How soon after you got the notice it has shipped did it show on the DHL site with tracking details?
The tracking details showed up on DHL this morning. so it took about a day
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20211 posts
2131 upvotes
YUL
canada_dry wrote:
Aug 18th, 2019 1:36 pm
(love the front facing is hidden - no privacy tape over needed).
Seriously? People bother putting 'privacy tape' over their front cameras? For what? So hackers don't see your big chin and nostrils?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2818 posts
1009 upvotes
Montreal
mlkemac wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 1:33 pm
ordered aug 14th with express shipping, only shipping today.

estimated arrival aug 27th. this is brutal turnaround time.
Mox wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 1:36 pm
Ordered on 16th and mine says shipped but isn't showing an arrival date yet when I check DHL Express number.
That's regular shipping time almost. Are you sure the estimated arrival date is the 27th on DHL's website?
Nov 30, 2016
35 posts
8 upvotes
kenze wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 3:32 pm
That's regular shipping time almost. Are you sure the estimated arrival date is the 27th on DHL's website?
the 27th was originally listed on DHL website, however now its not showing an estimated date. it is showing progress through hong kong. I was really hoping to receive before the weekend..
Aug 19, 2019
4 posts
kenze wrote:
Aug 16th, 2019 6:00 pm
I have received the phone! Seller can be trusted, it is NOT a scam. The phone is brand new and comes with a North American two prong charger and OxygenOS has been flashed on it. Therefore, it's the exact same as the phone OnePlus is selling directly in Canada but for about 18-23% cheaper. A travel adapter is also included for free as a gift.

Phone is beautiful. Most amazing screen I've ever seen and used. Buttery smooth operation and in-display fingerprint sensor unlocks the phone without any delay whatsoever.
Hey, is there anything else in the box besides the phone and charger?
Feb 4, 2004
241 posts
5 upvotes
Mine isn't showing on DHL site yet. Only the DHL EXPRESS number on the newegg site. Hoping it updates by tomorrow with an ETA
Mox

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, its not whether you win or lose, its how drunk you get."
H. Simpson

My Ebay Rating
Aug 17, 2019
74 posts
1 upvote
What is the cheapest BYOP plan now ? I am in Quebec.

Needing a minimum of 2gb data and unlimited texting and call.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2818 posts
1009 upvotes
Montreal
Altair117 wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 3:46 pm

Hey, is there anything else in the box besides the phone and charger?
Same standard accessories OnePlus is selling directly. It comes with a clear case (good temporary solution) however I would personally spend 15$ to get a better one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2818 posts
1009 upvotes
Montreal
AlphaBoy wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 4:13 pm
What is the cheapest BYOP plan now ? I am in Quebec.

Needing a minimum of 2gb data and unlimited texting and call.
Be smart, get a 15$ 4GB tablet plan and use that to make calls or the 5GB Telus "unlimited" tablet plan for 30$. Then use TextNow to make calls and send texts for free or use VoIP.ms and pay 1-2$ per month for more reliable service.
Aug 17, 2019
74 posts
1 upvote
kenze wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 5:18 pm
Be smart, get a 15$ 4GB tablet plan and use that to make calls or the 5GB Telus "unlimited" tablet plan for 30$. Then use TextNow to make calls and send texts for free or use VoIP.ms and pay 1-2$ per month for more reliable service.
How does that work? Will I be able to surf the internet and do the usual things with a tablet plan? Will I be able to keep my current phone number ?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2818 posts
1009 upvotes
Montreal
AlphaBoy wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 5:28 pm
How does that work? Will I be able to surf the internet and do the usual things with a tablet plan? Will I be able to keep my current phone number ?

Yeah, "tablet plan" just means data only. If you use VOIP to make calls, you only need data not minutes.

You can port your current number to voip.ms. if you don't mind getting a new number or you're looking for the cheapest solution then try the TextNow app.
Aug 17, 2019
74 posts
1 upvote
kenze wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 5:18 pm
Where do you find a 15$ 4GB tablet plan?
Mar 12, 2017
133 posts
90 upvotes
kenze wrote:
Aug 20th, 2019 5:32 pm

Yeah, "tablet plan" just means data only. If you use VOIP to make calls, you only need data not minutes.

You can port your current number to voip.ms. if you don't mind getting a new number or you're looking for the cheapest solution then try the TextNow app.
One question pls.
How would you use the authentication that many apps use? WhatsApp, Facebook, Microsoft, etc, they all use SMS to authenticate stuff.
How could I use my own WhatsApp that is attached to my current number?
Mar 23, 2009
546 posts
246 upvotes
Toronto
Some SMS notifications can work with the VoIP.ms number, others I use my Fido number as it seems to get some incoming SMS as well, and some apps can use an Authenticator app as well for 2FA. ... The only one I haven't been able to setup is Lyft, as VoIP.ms doesn't get their text... Fido gets the text but they want a response text to verify which I can't do.

For WhatsApp I use my VoIP.ms number... You could maybe port your existing number to it if you want to keep it.