Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Palit RTX 2070 Super JS videocard - $689.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2019 10:37 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1511 posts
1640 upvotes
Toronto
The only company I will buy that doesnt have an RMA center in Canada is EVGA. Otherwise I only buy MSI or Asus. I am going to take a far guess here and say if something goes wrong with the Palit GPU, you're going to have quite an adventure getting it fixed.
Aug 20, 2009
9827 posts
5935 upvotes
Viper98 wrote: Welp... That sucks

I was just looking at it, and the price:performance seems outstanding. But I want to upgrade my 1080ti to something with ray tracing :(
I would hold off for the 30xx series or whatever they're going to call Ampere in 2020. The only real upgrade from a 1080ti these days is a 2080ti and even then the price to performance is awful. Ray tracing is still in the early adoption phase so you're not missing much.
Nov 14, 2013
6 posts
Gatineau
I received a promo for ebay bucks today at 10% and newegg had a 2070 rog strix for $590 so I went with that. With the ebay bucks, it worked out to cheaper than a low end 2060 super so I'm happy.
Aug 2, 2018
33 posts
24 upvotes
I'm surprised you guys are all thinking about jumping on the gigabyte one. Did you read the reviews? Out of all of them it's the only one that has very odd reviews. Lots of complaints about coil whine, I think there are a few that complained about performance issues.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
4239 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
Redmask wrote: I would hold off for the 30xx series or whatever they're going to call Ampere in 2020. The only real upgrade from a 1080ti these days is a 2080ti and even then the price to performance is awful. Ray tracing is still in the early adoption phase so you're not missing much.
unless money isn't an issue, the jump from 1080ti to 2080ti is about 33% but for double the cost.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2007
5145 posts
21531 upvotes
Toronto
MatthewP50040 wrote: I'm surprised you guys are all thinking about jumping on the gigabyte one. Did you read the reviews? Out of all of them it's the only one that has very odd reviews. Lots of complaints about coil whine, I think there are a few that complained about performance issues.
I have the Gigabyte 2070 Super and there are no issues whatsoever. Solid GPU so far.
Aug 2, 2018
33 posts
24 upvotes
MTommy wrote: I have the Gigabyte 2070 Super and there are no issues whatsoever. Solid GPU so far.
Sorry I had forgot I was referring specifically to the 2080 super, I assume if the 2070 is fine then maybe the 2080 is... If you read the reviews on NewEgg and Amazon though, There are quite a few And it seems that people seem to have that brand in specific. Just a little worrying to me. It's an expensive purchase.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
I got the EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER BLACK GAMING 8GB GDDR6 08G-P4-3071-KR for $699 at CC. Not sure why anyone would get a no-name brand to save $10.
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard
Dec 8, 2009
678 posts
441 upvotes
Edmonton
I got my EVGA 2070 super XC ultra (I know the name is ridiculous) for $719 from newegg, or only $30 more. IMO it's worth the extra for the better warranty support and better build quality.

I also had the gigabyte gaming OC 2070 super which was $719 as well but I returned it since it had lackluster build quality and from what I read online their warranty isn't the best (although it actually maintained slightly lower temperatures than my EVGA at 69 C max vs 73 C max, however it was also 1-2% slower at stock and ever so slightly louder as well).
Oct 23, 2012
102 posts
65 upvotes
Mississauga
MTommy wrote: I have the Gigabyte 2070 Super and there are no issues whatsoever. Solid GPU so far.
So are you not getting the fan revving issues that everyone else is having? or did you just set a custom fan curve?
Oct 23, 2012
102 posts
65 upvotes
Mississauga
JAC wrote: I got the EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER BLACK GAMING 8GB GDDR6 08G-P4-3071-KR for $699 at CC. Not sure why anyone would get a no-name brand to save $10.
Palit JS has 3-slot coolers which is probably more in line with the EVGA XC ultra series. That's going for $730 right now, so it actually saves around $40. Aside from the plastic-y looks which is mostly aesthetics (which I personally don't mind), build quality also seems pretty good as per reviews like this one:

The only thing lacking here is North America RMA support (don't want to wait months to RMA), and maybe longer warranty.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
16990 posts
9322 upvotes
London
Redmask wrote: I would hold off for the 30xx series or whatever they're going to call Ampere in 2020. The only real upgrade from a 1080ti these days is a 2080ti and even then the price to performance is awful. Ray tracing is still in the early adoption phase so you're not missing much.
It's going to cost me ~$150 after tax to upgrade to a 2070 super and that comes with 2 games that I can probably sell for ~$80

Do you still not think it's worth it?
Banned
Aug 25, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
nadrojcote wrote: Buy MSI if you live in Canada, this company makes you ship back to Hong Kong if something goes wrong. http://www.palit.com/palit/rma.php?lang=en
Just email to Palit support checking the RMA service, they confirmed the warranty is 2 years, return for replacement through Newegg service which is less hassle