Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] Playstation VR Skyrim and Doom bundles $100 off ($480 and $400 resp.)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2018 4:52 pm
[OP]
Apr 21, 2008
72 posts
10 upvotes

[Newegg] Playstation VR Skyrim and Doom bundles $100 off ($480 and $400 resp.)

Both Skyrim and Doom PSVR bundles are $100 off on Newegg until midnight Pacific time tonight. I went to Best Buy and they beat the price by an additional $10 (though they were actually out of stock and had to order it in).

Look like excellent deals to get the slightly updated PSVR headset, and with the price beat the Skyrim bundle slightly beats the lowest-ever price on Amazon.ca ($470.35, Black Friday).

Edit: "sale ends" counter has reset. Also, Doom VFR game has been added to Skyrim bundle, so if you want Doom as well then the Newegg deal is better.
Last edited by TomRFD on Feb 12th, 2018 1:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: retailer edit
31 replies
Mar 6, 2010
50 posts
5 upvotes
Barrie
Came in to add... Currently the doom bundle comes with 3 months of free psplus as a bonus
Jan 20, 2011
965 posts
551 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC
Skyrim bundle from the USA on BF was 435cad$ but still a good deal compared to when i bought it when it came out.
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
Jan 26, 2011
68 posts
50 upvotes
Scarborough
OP you might want to state what site it is in the thread title. And for those who don't know, CUH-ZVR2 is the updated model with HDR passthrough, allowing headphones cable integrated into the headset, and slimmer cable.
Aug 10, 2017
12 posts
5 upvotes
Price matched at bestbuy last week. Its like 480$ for 1 Month now on newegg
[OP]
Apr 21, 2008
72 posts
10 upvotes
Oczcarol wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 8:38 pm
Price matched at bestbuy last week. Its like 480$ for 1 Month now on newegg
Hmm... the Newegg page has reset its "sale ending" counter to "17 hours left" (i.e. midnight PST), so it's still valid. So no idea how much longer this'll actually go for. In the meantime I'll try updating the expiry to today.

Also, the Newegg page now includes the Doom VFR game with the Skyrim bundle. I don't remember that being there yesterday. So, if you want both Skyrim and Doom this is the better bundle vs. price beat at Best Buy + buy Doom VFR separately.
Dec 9, 2007
217 posts
19 upvotes
Does anyone have issues (VR sickness) playing Skyrim in VR?
Aug 10, 2017
12 posts
5 upvotes
Yes if you Play with the Moves, you cant walk in the game, you push a button to teleport where youre looking at, this will give you motion sickness for sure. So i suggest you play with a standard controller !
[OP]
Apr 21, 2008
72 posts
10 upvotes
Oczcarol wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:33 am
Yes if you Play with the Moves, you cant walk in the game, you push a button to teleport where youre looking at, this will give you motion sickness for sure. So i suggest you play with a standard controller !
Ironically, the Ars Technica review says that the push-teleport-move *reduces* chances of motion sickness in this game, and using the traditional controller with VR increases the odds. I can see this being the case for walking games, not so much driving/flying games. I'll know in a day or two, after I set everything up.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2010
1217 posts
625 upvotes
Canada
flair.14 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 10:25 am
Does anyone have issues (VR sickness) playing Skyrim in VR?
In Skyrim VR you can choose between teleportation and direct movement (walking/running). Direct movement is more immersive but the teleportation option is there for VR newbies that need to build up their tolerance. There are also other options that you can play around with such as snap turning, rotation speed and walking speed that can help reduce VR sickness as well. I am playing with direct movement, smooth turning with rotation speed turned up to the max and have no problems with VR sickness with this game.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2004
1507 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
Is the Skyrim bundle the one with the v2 headset ? I can't tell - the listing for the Doom VFR says it comes with the v2 headset but the Skyrim bundle doesn't mention.

BTW, thanks OP - my wife just bought me the Skyrim bundle @ Bestbuy for $100 more. Just ordered one but maybe I should have PM'ed.
Aug 10, 2017
12 posts
5 upvotes
The one i bought at bestbuy was V2. Also on FEB 18, Sony is giving 100$ off psvr bundle in USA. Maybe There Will be some good deal out There... Let's see
[OP]
Apr 21, 2008
72 posts
10 upvotes
I made sure to check the Skyrim PSVR bundle box when I picked it up from Best Buy, it did list the v2 headset. I also confirmed it immediately after taking it out of the box.
Oct 4, 2017
77 posts
24 upvotes
The standalone headset in the US is going to receive a price cut this Sunday down to $199.99usd. The bundles to are going to get a discount. This is a PlayStation US announcement so the price adjustment may also be reflected in Canada very soon.