Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] Pretty Hot : AVERA 49EQX10 4K LED TV + HARMONY ONE+ WALL MOUNT BRACKET 499.99 + FS

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2017 1:01 pm
[OP]
Sep 7, 2006
987 posts
702 upvotes

[Newegg] Pretty Hot : AVERA 49EQX10 4K LED TV + HARMONY ONE+ WALL MOUNT BRACKET 499.99 + FS

Today's Shell Shocker who've been teetering on the chinese branded tvs (ex Haier, RCA etc). I think this is a pretty sweet alternative for those looking into getting a new tv set. The harmony one seals the deal for sure.

You may find some reviews saying the sharpness is too high on the set but getting into the service menu will remedy some of the concerns.

Happy shopping
8 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1694 posts
1027 upvotes
Langley
FYI, TV on its own is only $369.99 with free shipping on their Ebay account and has been this way for months even though their own website says $399.99 + $29.99 shipping. - http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Avera-49EQX10-49 ... SwHMJYMF9W

So you're getting a cheap ebay/amazon type mount (typically around $15-16) and a Harmony one for $130.00.... nowhere near pretty hot unfortunately.

I read a bunch on this TV a few months back because I was going to get it for a cheap 4K gaming set... first of all its the 2015 model and I also couldn't find anything concrete regarding input lag although one random guy on reddit said less than 10ms and that input lag is a thing of the past with new panels? Lol wouldn't that be nice :facepalm:

EDIT: Forgot to add... the TV is noted as having HDR however all reports online were that it does not have any form of HDR, simulated or true. This came from a few Xbox One S users.

EDIT 2: So I dont sound like a knob... clearly a good deal at $369 for the TV alone for those who want to check out 4K and carry reasonable expectations
Last edited by jbone14 on Feb 24th, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jan 10, 2017
49 posts
33 upvotes
dvdvideo wrote: They should pay you to take that remote........huge step back wards from the original harmony one
What's wrong with the remote?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5483 posts
2299 upvotes
rhns86 wrote: What's wrong with the remote?
Nothing, poster still runs WinXP and is in love with the experience. Face With Tears Of Joy
Nov 19, 2007
30 posts
70 upvotes
windsor, on
lifeisfuneh wrote: Nothing, poster still runs WinXP and is in love with the experience. Face With Tears Of Joy
Terrible button layout. Terrible battery life. Touchscreen on this one adds nothing to the experience. Had it, to replace my old Harmony 890, returned.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5483 posts
2299 upvotes
inonusin wrote: Terrible button layout. Terrible battery life. Touchscreen on this one adds nothing to the experience. Had it, to replace my old Harmony 890, returned.
Hehe :) You can find flaws to anything, but to say it's step back from H1 or 890 is ridicules,
not to mention you can easily to sell it and lower price on the TV if you want to.
I presume the hub is included with the remote.
Nov 19, 2007
30 posts
70 upvotes
windsor, on
lifeisfuneh wrote: Hehe :) You can find flaws to anything, but to say it's step back from H1 or 890 is ridicules,
not to mention you can easily to sell it and lower price on the TV if you want to.
Actually if they want me to spend money on a newer version of their product, its on them to prove to me that its an improvement, or a step forward, in terms of functionality or design. This version was neither. But do tell what you find better about this revision of the remote. Perhaps its an improvement over the old school juggling three different remotes, but an improvement over the H1 or 890, hardly.

The hub is a decent product though.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5483 posts
2299 upvotes
inonusin wrote: Actually if they want me to spend money on a newer version of their product, its on them to prove to me that its an improvement, or a step forward, in terms of functionality or design. This version was neither. But do tell what you find better about this revision of the remote. Perhaps its an improvement over the old school juggling three different remotes, but an improvement over the H1 or 890, hardly.

The hub is a decent product though.
Very easy the home light and device control integration with Alexa and Google Home is one of many features standing out