• Jul 9th, 2016 4:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4083 posts
543 upvotes
T.O.

[Newegg] REFURB: Logitech Harmony Ultimate Touch Screen Remote WHITE 129.99 FS

Was looking for this remote on Kijiji and most people are selling it in the 200$ range. This is the white version and it's a refurb. Going to take a chance on it. Warranty says it's 1 year, although it's a refurb. It's 349.99$ at BestBuy.

This is the version with the Hub. The hub is neat because it can control the Nest thermostats (if you have one) plus a bunch of other home automation gadgets.

Promo code for 20$ off 149.99$ ends today 23/06: 0622CAN48HR67

Code: Select all

[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]
EDIT: [/COLOR][/B]

If someone doesn't care about the hub, they added another remote for sale: 
[B]Logitech R915-000252X Harmony Touch Universal Remote Control Color Touch Screen[/B]
[url]http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880111092&cm_re=Logitech_harmony-_-80-111-092-_-Product[/url]
Images
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
113 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3323 posts
2186 upvotes
GTA
The hub series of remotes are the best Harmony has ever made.

I have the more basic model without the touchscreen and would buy this in a second if I needed a new universal remote.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6881 posts
5795 upvotes
Burlington
any input on the quality of the refurb?
i heard a lot of dirt, nail gunk, etc. on refurbed mouse/keyboard from newegg lately.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2431 posts
1713 upvotes
Calgary
Seems like a good deal if the refurb is in good shape. I have been looking to buy just the hub and those run for 129.99 generally on their own.
Oct 2, 2009
417 posts
147 upvotes
Thx op, bought 1.

I already have 3 harmony remotes but my 750 is on its way out....
Apr 2, 2011
368 posts
221 upvotes
Montreal
Don't forget RFD cashback for 2% back.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10792 posts
5078 upvotes
I have the ultimate without the hub and its great.Before that we had the One and it was also pretty good until the screen lifted
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5595 posts
1991 upvotes
Have one in my home theater and it is fantastic, and my old 720 in my living room just died, so this is perfect timing! Thanks OP! I liked it so much I almost bought a used on on Kijiji for $200, but then decided to hold myself back. Then I almost bought a new one from BB on another sale, but also decided to exhibit some restraint.

I have a lot of HA appliances such as lights and blinds on the main floor, plus my living room tv is hooked up to 5.1 surround system, so this is going to be fantastic for it!

The black one is on sale right now brand new at BB for $289.99. I bought the black one brand new for $189.99 on sale from the last black friday sale at BB, and it's been working wonderfully. So for this price we'll see how the refurb goes, but, if all goes well, and especially with the extra $20 off, then this price is unbeatable so far imho.

These ultimate remotes are awesome. At first I didn't like the touch screen, but I quickly found that the curve to learn to navigate it was quite short, and when programmed with my favourite channels, this thing is actually really really convenient.

And I will only buy Harmony remotes with cradles, so, although battery life may not be the best...hey, that's what you have the cradle for.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6881 posts
5795 upvotes
Burlington
deezz wrote: Have one in my home theater and it is fantastic, and my old 620 in my living room just died, so this is perfect timing! Thanks OP!

I have a lot of HA appliances such as lights and blinds on the main floor, so this is going to be fantastic for it!

I bought the black one brand new for $189.99 on sale from the last black friday sale at BB, and it's been working wonderfully. So for this price, we'll see how the refurb goes, but, if all goes well, then this price is unbeatable so far imho.

These ultimate remotes are awesome. At first I didn't like the touch screen, but I quickly found that the curve to learn to navigate it was quite short, and when programmed with my favourite channels, this thing is actually really really convenient.

And I will only buy Harmony remotes with cradles, so, although battery life may not be the best...hey, that's what you have the cradle for.
Sounds like I should wait for brand new?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5595 posts
1991 upvotes
konsensei wrote: Sounds like I should wait for brand new?
I don't think you should actually. I edited my post, so please have a look. I've also had good luck with refurbed Logitech products in the past.

I'm not sure when you'll see the $189.99 price again, but I've been tracking it, and haven't seen it yet, so for $60 even less than that, I think it's worth it to take a shot on the refurb. For $129, it's the same price as the non touch-screen version, which controls far fewer devices. At first you might think that's not such a big deal, but when you factor in controlling a bunch of HA devices, it starts to become valuable.

Also, this remote, the Ultimate with Hub, is no longer on Logitech's website and hasn't been for a while. That means they're not making it anymore. I actually called Logitech to get a discount as a previous product owner with product that has died, but I specifically wanted this one, which they said they have discontinued. IF you can wait a long long time, then you could wait until black friday again. At this price point, there could be stock still around at that time, so who knows what the discount will be like...could be even bigger. But I didn't want to risk it, as I specifically wanted this remote package, so, I've jumped on it :D

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3124 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
I've been tracking logitech remotes for the past few months. The elite was down to $309 at NCIX, BB had it for $349 at one point. Smart hub with basic remote was $89 at best buy and the Ultimate Touch (this one) was $269 last week at BB.

Thanks OP, i'd seen this before the but $20 off was enough for me to bite.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1203 posts
502 upvotes
What's the battery life like on this?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5595 posts
1991 upvotes
Fate wrote: What's the battery life like on this?
Not great. If you leave it off the cradle, the battery will be dead in about three days. But that's what the cradle is for. I always buy harmony remotes with cradles. Love them. Plus it looks so cool when it's on the cradle :D

Apr 4, 2012
261 posts
140 upvotes
Laval, Que
Damit OP! I just bought one!!! I bought a refub Harmony Touch from newegg a couple years back and it still works great. It did come extremely dirty so some odd reason so once I cleaned up all the unknown stuff, it was all good.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5595 posts
1991 upvotes
scoutermike wrote: Sold out
No way...holy cow...
I told you not to wait...I hope you didn't wait.

gophia wrote: You snooze you lose :)
I woke, I won! :D Glad you did too *high five*

[edit] Just received my shipping notice and tracking info too. Nice!

Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3124 posts
1740 upvotes
Toronto
Got my shipping notification as well
Sep 25, 2004
951 posts
444 upvotes
Damn, so bummed I missed this. Congrats to all who got in...
Nov 18, 2014
572 posts
532 upvotes
Calgary, AB
deezz wrote: Not great. If you leave it off the cradle, the battery will be dead in about three days. But that's what the cradle is for. I always buy harmony remotes with cradles. Love them. Plus it looks so cool when it's on the cradle :D
It all depends on your usage. I have three kids using it very frequently and I get about a week out of it.