1313 upvotes

[Newegg] REFURBISHED UE BOOM Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Black $59.99

Decently priced refurb UE BOOM.
16 replies
Jan 19, 2017
522 posts
482 upvotes
Kitchener
underscorehunter wrote: How "waterproof" are these speakers?
IPX4 – Protects from splashing water, no matter the direction. AKA Not very "waterproof". If you're looking for a $60 speaker thats waterproof, the UE Roll actually comes with a floaty that it can sit on in a pool, and is at costco for $59...
Mar 13, 2017
16 posts
1 upvote
rtookey wrote: IPX4 – Protects from splashing water, no matter the direction. AKA Not very "waterproof".
Thank you for the quick reply! I might splurge for an upcoming trip to the islands!
Jan 19, 2017
522 posts
482 upvotes
Kitchener
underscorehunter wrote: Thank you for the quick reply! I might splurge for an upcoming trip to the islands!
The UE Roll is great for that, The band on the back is really convenient to hang it, or clip it to a bag strap, etc. Great clear sound, and you can link a them together to another one if you had two. Enjoy your trip
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
2923 posts
1615 upvotes
Kitchener
Must resist the urge to my 10th BT speaker...(I have at least ten...starting to lose count).
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
May 2, 2008
365 posts
592 upvotes
Toronto, Canada
OOS unfortunately
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2026 posts
700 upvotes
burlington, on
xoy74 wrote: OOS unfortunately
are you sure? show in stock for me. didn't go all the way to pay but he shows in my cart
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
25230 posts
5493 upvotes
They're both mediocre and overpriced. Sure the original Boom was "something" when it came out but it's long been surpassed by competitors, at typically lower prices. JBL's lineup is very similar but cheaper and better. UE started out good but just relies on their name now to uphold their high prices.

Anyway this is a decent deal, I'd recommend it for someone that already has a Boom--to add a second one to pair together. Other than that, wouldn't bother.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
1257 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
Missed it. Was it Free shipping? Just curious
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
12103 posts
6104 upvotes
Southern Ontario
ES_Revenge wrote: They're both mediocre and overpriced. Sure the original Boom was "something" when it came out but it's long been surpassed by competitors, at typically lower prices. JBL's lineup is very similar but cheaper and better. UE started out good but just relies on their name now to uphold their high prices.

Anyway this is a decent deal, I'd recommend it for someone that already has a Boom--to add a second one to pair together. Other than that, wouldn't bother.
Flip 4 > Boom 2? (I didn't research)

I like that form factor, you can buy thick sturdy generic cases for around $20, and they take little room on a small table occupied by food, playing cards etc, vertical stance.

Took ours on a cruise and was perfect wherever we went on the ship and out on beach excursions hanging off an umbrella etc

Mar 13, 2017
16 posts
1 upvote
rtookey wrote: The UE Roll is great for that, The band on the back is really convenient to hang it, or clip it to a bag strap, etc. Great clear sound, and you can link a them together to another one if you had two. Enjoy your trip
I took your advice, went with the UE Roll from Costco! Thanks again