Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] Samsung Gear Fit 2 GPS Activity Tracker - Large - Black or Pink $99.99 FS

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2018 5:58 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 25, 2005
685 posts
161 upvotes

[Newegg] Samsung Gear Fit 2 GPS Activity Tracker - Large - Black or Pink $99.99 FS

Samsung Gear Fit 2 (Large), GPS, Activity Tracker, Black (SM-R3600DAAXAC)

$99.99 with free shipping

For me, key features are
On board memory for music
GPS
Decent battery life

I think the price is pretty good.

No longer Samsung only pairing.

Stat on Display - Allow for easy access to your stats via super clear AMOLED display.

Notification Tracking - Monitors call or text when connected to your phone.

Enjoy Music on the Go - Store your favorite music on the GearFit2 or connect with Spotify to access millions of songs

Tracking Smart - Collects and auto track various types of activity when you move (Running, Walking, Cycling, Elliptical, Rowing machine, Sleep)

Supposed to have heart rate monitor as well.
Last edited by theshowman on Jan 13th, 2018 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
7 replies
Aug 22, 2007
539 posts
282 upvotes
I have this. The one thing that bugs me the most is that mine suffers from an issue whereby it isn't able to start the workout tracker. I need to reboot it In order for it to work properly. This happens every other day and seems to happen after ive charged it. Boot up is pretty quick though.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
6224 posts
2219 upvotes
Calgary
I got one for $79 back in November. Battery life was bad and tracking was all over the place though the screen was very pretty. I still wanted to keep it until it stopped tracking TWICE within 20 days, had to factory reset the darn thing once a week for it to work again. Too fed up with losing data I ended up taking it back.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
1844 posts
218 upvotes
Burnaby
good to know
but will not buy because the brand Orz
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Please Note: External links in a signature are not allowed.
Feb 1, 2009
954 posts
150 upvotes
Markham, GTA
Am looking for a waterproof fitness tracker. How does this one (link to Amazon.ca page) compare to Samsung Gear?
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
[OP]
Apr 25, 2005
685 posts
161 upvotes
I received mine (the price dropped by $10 for a bit, and newegg sent me a GC for the difference) and been trialing it for the past few days and the impressions are:
- poor battery life - essentially lasts one day
- Had to turn on the "always on" feature since I wasn't able to see the time when I needed it (wasn't so sensitive to my arm movements and gesture mapping) - probably contributes to the lower battery life
- given that I have to charge it daily, it is a bit of pain taking it on or off (compared to my Fitbit Surge whose battery life is phenomenal like 7 days)
- the notifications are kind of hard to get to and no dismissing via gesture (have to use the back button)
- haven't used the GPS or the on-board music as I haven't started jogging yet (cold season)

So overall, I'm not very fond of it - I tend to want to wear my Fitbit Surge as it serves my purposes.

Wish I could return it - it is most likely going in one corner (next to the original Gear Fit that I gifted to my wife, but didn't get much traction)
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
15949 posts
12534 upvotes
Toronto
Still on sale
An earlier version of this article incorrectly described a behavior of crows exposed to crow corpses. Live crows only touch, attack and attempt intercourse with crow corpses, they do not scavenge them. (Actual NYT correction)