[Newegg] Samsung Gear S2 Dark - $158 all-in

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2018 3:20 pm
[OP]
Nov 30, 2013
469 posts
426 upvotes

[Newegg] Samsung Gear S2 Dark - $158 all-in

Good deal on Samsung Gear S2 - $149 + tax - $10 with code. Comes to about $158 all in if you are in the GTA (free ground shipping).
19 replies
Sep 2, 2017
235 posts
120 upvotes
Canada
Looks good thanks op ! Will send to a friend who’s been looking st smart watch
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1125 posts
739 upvotes
Montreal
In on the fence... Its Tizen OS and it's really slick, so it's not Android Wear, and it seems there is a lack of apps. This means no Android Pay, just Samsung Pay (not enough institution support).
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2016
1206 posts
2960 upvotes
This is the sport version which doesn't look nearly as good as the classic one.

If you can pick up from the states/obtain it from there, I got the dark classic one for $140CAD all in from Amazon Warehouse.

I've had the Huawei Watch 1 before and it looks beautiful but the Gear S2 Classic is significantly better in terms of software and arguably hardware (intuitive rotating bezel but slightly busier design).

Classic = worth it at this price
Dec 29, 2001
939 posts
186 upvotes
Kitchener/Waterloo
randomroyalty wrote: In on the fence... Its Tizen OS and it's really slick, so it's not Android Wear, and it seems there is a lack of apps. This means no Android Pay, just Samsung Pay (not enough institution support).
I switched from Pebble Steel -> Pebble Time Steel -> Samsung Gear S3 classic and am loving the watch. It does everything I want it to do. Great screen and easy to use only big negative is the lack of software do to running Tizen
Aug 25, 2010
366 posts
89 upvotes
randomroyalty wrote: In on the fence... Its Tizen OS and it's really slick, so it's not Android Wear, and it seems there is a lack of apps. This means no Android Pay, just Samsung Pay (not enough institution support).
I got this watch. In terms of apps, it flies mostly what I want it to do. The only thing missing for me is a Starbucks app and a RSS app. By the way, Samsung pay doesn't work in Canada yet for this watch. Also it had NFC and not MST. So you can only tap once Samsung pay comes to Canada.
Aug 25, 2010
366 posts
89 upvotes
DeltaSingh wrote: This is the sport version which doesn't look nearly as good as the classic one.

If you can pick up from the states/obtain it from there, I got the dark classic one for $140CAD all in from Amazon Warehouse.

I've had the Huawei Watch 1 before and it looks beautiful but the Gear S2 Classic is significantly better in terms of software and arguably hardware (intuitive rotating bezel but slightly busier design).

The difference is the strap, right? Can't you get the s2 sport and but the strap adapter and get the strap after market?
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2085 posts
1882 upvotes
Toronto
fuhreal wrote: This or the ticwatch?
Ticwatch s & e should have better features, its fairly newer than gear s2. Also runs AW2.x so bit more apps than tizen.

but it depends on your use I guess.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Oct 22, 2006
650 posts
288 upvotes
DeltaSingh wrote: This is the sport version which doesn't look nearly as good as the classic one.

Don't see any around $140 CAD.
Sep 10, 2009
596 posts
423 upvotes
Should I replace my Huawei Watch with this?

I guess Android Wear is more supported than Tizen though
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3347 posts
2245 upvotes
GTA
Feels Good Man wrote: Should I replace my Huawei Watch with this?

I guess Android Wear is more supported than Tizen though
Android Wear is pure shit and one of Googles biggest failures IMO.

I am an Android guy though and through, but their watches are just a mess.
Jul 31, 2016
463 posts
804 upvotes
Whitby
N8Magic wrote: Android Wear is pure shit and one of Googles biggest failures IMO.

I am an Android guy though and through, but their watches are just a mess.

How so, other than not so great battery life?
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1215 posts
1237 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
It seems these smart watches are still a year behind being useful as android wear needs some more work.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3347 posts
2245 upvotes
GTA
ajacian81 wrote: How so, other than not so great battery life?
Battery life would be one, but the fractured deployment of updates (AW 2.0 "rollout" was disastrous) and the intermittent nature of how the product actually works are another.

I was using two different AW watches with several different phones (Pixel, S8, Pixel 2, so not some obscure phone with limited support) and had the same lousy experience.
Jun 2, 2007
538 posts
613 upvotes
Toronto
does it have GPS? can i take the watch for a run without phone? is it going to track my distance? like the garmin..
Don't go broke trying to look rich.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10875 posts
5113 upvotes
I have this watch i bought last year for around the 140 price and its been great.I collect watches so i alot and this is my go to for daily use and if im planning on going out then i put the more expensive 3 on but at this price just grab it.
So many bands to change out.Even the cheaper 3rd party bands are good ive had no issues with.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
SIMPLii !!
Buy first think later!
Jun 6, 2010
184 posts
57 upvotes
Winnipeg
live_4ever wrote: The difference is the strap, right? Can't you get the s2 sport and but the strap adapter and get the strap after market?
Yes. That is pretty much it. I bought one of the eBay refurbs last fall. It is a great device. I was holding out for the classic but couldn't find one. I ordered these lugs from Amazon and now I can use any band on it.

https://www.amazon.ca/Connectors-MoKo-S ... ear+s2+lug
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1516 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
No gps and 2015. I would wait for s3