Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Newegg Shellshocker: Logitech NX80 Hyperscroll Cordless Laptop Mouse $20 + Free Ship

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2010 2:10 am
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4377 posts
4253 upvotes
Toronto

[Newegg] Newegg Shellshocker: Logitech NX80 Hyperscroll Cordless Laptop Mouse $20 + Free Ship

If you've been on the lookout for a good notebook mouse or an inexpensive Logitech mouse with hyperscrolling (free-spin movement for the scroll wheel that enables very fast scrolling), Newegg.ca's Shell Shocker deal of the day should interest you. The Logitech NX80 Black 5 Buttons Tilt Wheel Cordless Laser 1000 dpi Mouse for Notebooks is on sale for $19.99 with free shipping. That's a hot price! Normal price for this mouse is near the $40 mark (check with PriceCanada.com). Other retailers are selling this new for $44.99 or more at the moment.

The NX80 has a 4/5 rating based on 56 user reviews at Newegg. Hyper-scrolling is very handy for viewing large documents, web-pages, and spreadsheets. Along with the hyper-scroll wheel, it has back and forward buttons and a 1000dpi laser engine. This is the cheapest Logitech wireless mouse we've seen with hyper-scroll functionality.

The deal is good for today only and only while supplies last!
29 replies
Oct 18, 2007
829 posts
44 upvotes
hmm, no Bluetooth, I'll stick with my V470.
Glory to Arstotzka
Deal Addict
May 8, 2008
1563 posts
503 upvotes
Ontario
website is timing out for me....RFD effect?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18701 posts
5730 upvotes
doorbellring wrote: hmm, no Bluetooth, I'll stick with my V470.
sorry to hijack the thread...how's the V470? i'm thinking of getting it as well but i notice some ppl had some bad experience with the connection according to the review on amazon..
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Sep 11, 2009
351 posts
37 upvotes
Thornhill
Does this come with a nano receiver ?
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1360 posts
744 upvotes
Had this mouse a few years ago, was a great little mouse.

Not a nano receiver.
Oct 15, 2009
83 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
Thank you, ordered two. Had bought the Microsoft 6000 with Bluetrack from FS but will be returning it as I prefer the hyperscrolling on this mouse and it is a little cheaper. Just wish it had the mini receiver although it does say in the description 'The storable micro-receiver makes NX80 truly portable and plug-and-play in any work environment.' Is nano smaller than micro? The picture shows the larger version.
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10544 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
rmtrmt wrote: Does this come with a nano receiver ?
from the newegg pics, no.
Sep 11, 2009
351 posts
37 upvotes
Thornhill
So how big is this microreceiver ?
Oct 15, 2009
83 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
rmtrmt wrote: So how big is this microreceiver ?
After reviewing a few of the other logitech mice on Newegg, it appears that the micro receiver is the approximate size of a USB flash drive and the much sought after nano receiver is the much smaller version. Hope this helps :razz:
May 21, 2006
806 posts
56 upvotes
Mississauga
thank you, been looking for a new mouse, this fits the bill perfectly.
Heatware: drakk18-
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2007
1102 posts
282 upvotes
Vancouver
how does this compare to vx revolution?

same receiver, different mouse.

vx revolution, u can store the receiver in the mouse.

not sure about this one.

i got the FS deal for 35. i'm wondering if i should return that one and get this one. 15 bucks isn't a big deal if vx is a lot better for a laptop mouse.

or the vx can temporarily replace a desktop mouse if one breaks down (i think)
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1642 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
tungx2 wrote: how does this compare to vx revolution?

same receiver, different mouse.

vx revolution, u can store the receiver in the mouse.

not sure about this one.

i got the FS deal for 35. i'm wondering if i should return that one and get this one. 15 bucks isn't a big deal if vx is a lot better for a laptop mouse.

or the vx can temporarily replace a desktop mouse if one breaks down (i think)
the nx is more portable than the vx. but imo, the vx is way more comfortable, esp if you have relatively big hands.
Oct 18, 2007
829 posts
44 upvotes
kiasu wrote: sorry to hijack the thread...how's the V470? i'm thinking of getting it as well but i notice some ppl had some bad experience with the connection according to the review on amazon..
I've never had any connection issues with it, just turn it on and It's good to go. It's my favorite mobile mouse, after having tried a revolution, a g3 and a couple of others... mainly because it uses bluetooth though.
Glory to Arstotzka
May 17, 2006
392 posts
6 upvotes
I don't mind the bigger receiver (it is also stowable into the mouse), and I was about to order, but then I realized from the reviews that this mouse have no middle click button, which really kills the deal for me since I use the middle button so much on firefox (opening closing tabs)
Dec 26, 2007
433 posts
36 upvotes
this review from Amazon is interesting:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-NX80-Cor ... B001D4Q4D4

This mouse is designed for E.T., January 21, 2009
By Vincent Twan - See all my reviews

Pros: light, smooth and very sensitive (I like that, some might not)

Cons:

(1) After only less than 2-wk use, I heard some clicking sound when I took it out of my bag. It sounds like something losing inside the mouse. Couple of minutes later the clicking sound is gone, but the left button kind of popping up (see photo) and became much harder to click.

(2) Unlike most mouses on the market that allow users of different finger length ratio, Logitech NX80 has grooves on both sides to force the thumb and ring finger be placed only in the middle of the mouse body. This means that the index and middle fingers can't click at the place near the front end (see photo) but have to click closer to the middle, meaning: need more force to click.

I've uploaded several photos to show that it is impossible to have a comfortable palm position with this mouse.

Although I always prefer Logitech's mouse, I'll have to conclude that the ergonomics of NX80 is not for human hands. Unless the length of your thumb and ring fingers are only 1/2 of those of index and middle fingers, you shouldn't get this mouse.
Feb 2, 2009
258 posts
216 upvotes
Edmonton
JJpach wrote: Good for desktop use?
If you have really tiny hands, maybe. Otherwise the small size isn't really any benefit if you're not taking the mouse around with you, so you might as well go for a full-size mouse for the same money.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)