• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2009 4:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4377 posts
4253 upvotes
Toronto

[Newegg] Newegg Shellshocker: Refurb Magellan 6000T Bluetooth + TTS GPS $100 + Free Ship

The Shellshocker from Newegg.ca for today is worth a look if you're in the market for an affordable GPS unit that has Bluetooth capability and text-to-speech. It's the Recertified MAGELLAN RoadMate 6000T 3.5" Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator for $99.99 with free shipping.

Just so there's no confusion, I repeat that it's a refurbished unit. However, I think bluetooth and text-to-speech (speaking streetnames) at $99.99 makes this worth considering. It's an older unit of course, and reviews seem to agree that it's rough around the edges, but I haven't seen Bluetooth and Text-to-speech for $100 before.

Other stuff:
- Preloaded maps of United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, US Virgin Islands
- SD card slot
- 320 x 240 screen
- MP3 player
- photo viewer
- no built in memory
- Over 6 million points of interest

Note that Newegg.ca's "handling" charge is simply where they list Canadian taxes, not additional fees. There is also a $1 US charge that covers brokerage and ensures that you don't get hit with any additional fees at the door.

Here are some reviews:
GPSMagazine - 3/5 "good but not great"
LaptopMagazine - 3.5/5

[IMG]http://c1.neweggimages.com/productimage ... 072-01.jpg[/IMG]
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6142 posts
878 upvotes
Greely
andrewrfd wrote: ugly? What? I'd say it's 80% rugged and 20% ugly, at worst.

Okay, 60/40.

40/60, final offer.
lol!
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2647 posts
1102 upvotes
anyone with any opinions aside from aesthetics? I want to get a gps and this one with bluetooth and handsfree seems decent.

edit: also - if I buy this will it have current maps?