Expired Hot Deals

Newegg

Team Group L5 LITE 3D 2.5" 240GB SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive only $46.99! (via eBay)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2018 4:03 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jul 2, 2016
676 posts
1738 upvotes

[Newegg] Team Group L5 LITE 3D 2.5" 240GB SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive only $46.99! (via eBay)

Great deal for an entry level SSD. 240gb SSD for only $49.99 plus tax. Lowest price I have seen for a 240gb SSD.

Update, now $46.99.
Last edited by George1616 on Sep 12th, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Thread Summary
Lots of bad product reviews.
46 replies
Aug 20, 2018
263 posts
282 upvotes
Kingston is an actual brand.
Oct 3, 2008
593 posts
166 upvotes
Scarborough
crucial BX500 recently on sale as well at 40 for 120 which is all you need for os bootup
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2012
1292 posts
614 upvotes
EDMONTON
There's going to be people here that's going to debate and give you their "expert" opinion on the SLC, TLC vs. MLC nand and how it affects performance and durability of these dries. Buy what you need and ignore the TLC vs. MLC nand crap.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1660 posts
920 upvotes
Vancouver
Lots of bad product reviews due to product dying.

Would be nice if some basic research was done first.
Nov 20, 2017
497 posts
747 upvotes
delldeals8 wrote: There's going to be people here that's going to debate and give you their "expert" opinion on the SLC, TLC vs. MLC nand and how it affects performance and durability of these dries. Buy what you need and ignore the TLC vs. MLC nand crap.
If I'm going to listen to someone tell me not to listen to someone else, they should still have a reason.

Besides, when it comes to technology, the devil is in the details - even if/especially when they're hard to understand.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1790 posts
2840 upvotes
Surrey
does it fit to MacBook Pro 2012?
Jul 31, 2012
490 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto
jaksdj22 wrote: does it fit to MacBook Pro 2012?
Yes, if it has a DVD drive in it. I put a SSD in mine
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2012
1292 posts
614 upvotes
EDMONTON
prodacc wrote: If I'm going to listen to someone tell me not to listen to someone else, they should still have a reason.

Besides, when it comes to technology, the devil is in the details - even if/especially when they're hard to understand.
Basically you have to know how you're going to use the product. If you do need to write a fair bit to the hard drive, there is no doubt that MLC nand is preferred since durability makes sense in this case. But all you need is to load up music and listen to them over and over again, then TLC nand will also last a long, long time where there is hardly any need to write to the drive. Also, if you're using this drive in a HTPC where there is not a lot of writing to the drive, the benefits of MLC nand can not be utilized. I have read those "expert" advices based on their point of view and their application may be quite different than others.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
2772 posts
1602 upvotes
Winnipeg
George1616 wrote: Great deal for an entry level SSD. 240gb SSD for only $49.99 plus tax. Lowest price I have seen for a 240gb SSD.

Link: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 2049216640
It's been cheaper with ebay 15% coupon.
FWIW the Team Group one rates higher at UserBenchmark.
http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/SpeedTest/ ... Lite3D240G
http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Kingston-A ... ating/3953
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1790 posts
2840 upvotes
Surrey
pkeep22 wrote: Yes, if it has a DVD drive in it. I put a SSD in mine
I thought it could replace the 2.5" 500GB hard drive inside, why is that?
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7227 upvotes
jaksdj22 wrote: I thought it could replace the 2.5" 500GB hard drive inside, why is that?
You're taking what he said he did as what you could / couldn't do....

And you're assuming he replaced his DVD drive with an SSD.

Read what he wrote, again.

He was stating that if the model has a DVD drive (i.e. SATA connection), then the model (MBP) can take this SSD (SATA connection)...that is all. He's not saying putting the SSD as a replacement to the DVD.
Aug 19, 2013
979 posts
1028 upvotes
TORONTO
delldeals8 wrote: Basically you have to know how you're going to use the product. If you do need to write a fair bit to the hard drive, there is no doubt that MLC nand is preferred since durability makes sense in this case. But all you need is to load up music and listen to them over and over again, then TLC nand will also last a long, long time where there is hardly any need to write to the drive. Also, if you're using this drive in a HTPC where there is not a lot of writing to the drive, the benefits of MLC nand can not be utilized. I have read those "expert" advices based on their point of view and their application may be quite different than others.
there’s also the reliability factor too. Ive bought good quality (Samsung, Crucial MX, Intel) and cheap SSD (OCZ/Toshiba). I even bought a refurb 160gb intel SSD that had 30 TB writes . All my SSDs (as far back as 2010) are running fine under daily usage. The two OCZ SSD that i bought in 2015 both died in 2017. No smart errors/nothing. The OS wouldn’t even boot. Figured it was a corrupted install or something and did a wipe + clean install. Same thing. Swapped the SSD and re-installed. Boom all good.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2017
1467 posts
820 upvotes
GTA
https://babeltechreviews.com/team-group ... -review/4/

For the 480GB model, its beating everyone's opinion of 'brand is better' at this price level.

SSD manufacturing is becoming common, new brands will typically only have reviews of die outs because it's newer post.
They need like Steam recent review average, but I don't rate if it's good either (I'm a bad citizen) and I have used lots of budget ssd for building and none died out so far.

Everyone has opinions, Thanos did nothing wrong here.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2012
1292 posts
614 upvotes
EDMONTON
saudor wrote: there’s also the reliability factor too. Ive bought good quality (Samsung, Crucial MX, Intel) and cheap SSD (OCZ/Toshiba). I even bought a refurb 160gb intel SSD that had 30 TB writes . All my SSDs (as far back as 2010) are running fine under daily usage. The two OCZ SSD that i bought in 2015 both died in 2017. No smart errors/nothing. The OS wouldn’t even boot. Figured it was a corrupted install or something and did a wipe + clean install. Same thing. Swapped the SSD and re-installed. Boom all good.
Oh yes, I stayed away from OCZ since they were plagued with problems
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4451 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto
gabbo188 wrote: Looks like amazon has it too: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01N5I ... EEQB&psc=1

and by "it", i mean the actual brand ssd as well
Yeah, I'd like to buy it as my Sandisk SSD 240GB died three days ago(it is not recognized by PCs, tried connect it to sata directly or via USB, none of them working, looks like there is no way to get the data back), just before the 3 years warranty expired, filled out the RMA and waiting for the further instruction for how to return it back.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)