Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Newegg

Team Group MP33 M.2 2280 512GB PCIe 3.0 x4 with NVMe 1.3 3D NAND Internal $39.99 + free shipping

Jul 21, 2021
903 posts
3879 upvotes

[Newegg] Team Group MP33 M.2 2280 512GB PCIe 3.0 x4 with NVMe 1.3 3D NAND Internal $39.99 + free shipping

Using new generation of 3D flash memory: Capacity, performance, and durability are greatly improved
PCI-e interface - Supports latest NVMe 1.3 protocol
M.2 2280 specification: Supports the next-generation platforms of Intel and AMD. Suitable for both desktop and notebook
Supports SLC Caching technology. Greatly enhance computing performance
14 replies
Dec 2, 2006
303 posts
228 upvotes
Chilliwack
Just curious why the down votes? Is this a bad deal? Bad ram? Bad brand?
'Twixt Light and Darkness... SShadow
Dec 1, 2017
92 posts
240 upvotes
Not sure why all the downvotes too, for a cheap NVME SSD, this is a good price. I just bought another cheap SSD last night for $44, but if I saw this deal I would've got this instead...

Thanks OP. Obviously is not a high end SSD but to upgrade from a HDD, this is good.

I wonder if people aren't familiar with the brand name, but they've been around and make gaming RAM and stuff too (that I have been using without issues)
Dec 28, 2018
332 posts
427 upvotes
l4c2k1
Ok so it's read/write speeds are slower, about half of the average NVME's but for $40 it would be fine if you don't care about gaming. In fact this would be fine to clone your main drive in any system. It is still better than a mechanical drive speed wise in most cases. Everything has a purpose or a use, you just need to be open minded !
Upvoted!
Feb 16, 2017
414 posts
655 upvotes
New Brunswick
DaveD28194 wrote: Ok so it's read/write speeds are slower, about half of the average NVME's but for $40 it would be fine if you don't care about gaming. a use, you just need to be open minded !
Upvoted!
What significant performance in gaming would you get from this over a better NVME? Load times on any NVME drive will be better then regular SSD and very noticeable compared to a HDD. However even with the lower read/write speed (compared to more expensive options) I don't see how this drive would give you any significant less performance in terms of gaming.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1511 posts
1640 upvotes
Toronto
wholly 1 star reviews...

All died in a very short period. Team replies back saying to reseat the drive in another computer etc because your computer may be faulty. Doesnt jive with me given the amount of 1 star reviews.

Ship it back to them at your own cost too.

Just filter the reviews and uncheck "all related product reviews" to get reviews only on this drive.
Sep 29, 2022
598 posts
681 upvotes
With 512GB being this cheap I gotta wonder why HP only put 128GB in my laptop....
Dec 28, 2018
332 posts
427 upvotes
l4c2k1
Jedi66 wrote: What significant performance in gaming would you get from this over a better NVME? Load times on any NVME drive will be better then regular SSD and very noticeable compared to a HDD. However even with the lower read/write speed (compared to more expensive options) I don't see how this drive would give you any significant less performance in terms of gaming.
Yes I understand, I was just guessing that those who were down voting it were probably the gaming crowd. Most often when computer products are getting the downvotes it involves the gamers. Significant is a dangerous word here by the way lol. When it comes to computers and performance the slightest difference in performance seems to cause a full on debate in RFD forums. So my point was, if they were downvoting it for it's lack of speed, it could be used for different purposes.
Deal Guru
Jul 15, 2008
10543 posts
4141 upvotes
Toronto
RearmedLif wrote: With 512GB being this cheap I gotta wonder why HP only put 128GB in my laptop....
And why it's 8gig ram when a browser tab can use 1gb+ these days lol. Same with crappy screens.

Gotta milk it.
Dec 28, 2018
332 posts
427 upvotes
l4c2k1
Coresu wrote: wholly 1 star reviews...

All died in a very short period. Team replies back saying to reseat the drive in another computer etc because your computer may be faulty. Doesnt jive with me given the amount of 1 star reviews.

Ship it back to them at your own cost too.

Just filter the reviews and uncheck "all related product reviews" to get reviews only on this drive.
Yeah I just read a few and then I wondered, whats mine like? So I took a quick look at mine(970EVO plus) and what do you know, a lot of the same 1 star stories are there too.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
1889 posts
1891 upvotes
Guelph
I'm looking for a drive to go with my external housing I got during BF for $10. Anyone know if this is a good drive? I assume itll be mostly for storage and nothing else.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
8929 posts
6614 upvotes
SW ON
SShadow wrote: Just curious why the down votes? Is this a bad deal? Bad ram? Bad brand?
It's not RAM.
Dec 2, 2006
303 posts
228 upvotes
Chilliwack
alpovs wrote: It's not RAM.
Sorry, I meant NAND... But you know what I mean. :)
'Twixt Light and Darkness... SShadow

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)