Expired Hot Deals

Newegg

Ubiquiti UniFi AC Pro Access Point (Wi-Fi 802.11ac, 3x3 MIMO technology) - $179.99 + $7.99 shipping

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
1259 posts
252 upvotes

[Newegg] Ubiquiti UniFi AC Pro Access Point (Wi-Fi 802.11ac, 3x3 MIMO technology) - $179.99 + $7.99 shipping

https://www.ubnt.com/unifi/unifi-ap-ac-pro/

Back on sale and here was the previous thread when it was last on sale.
newegg-hot-ubiquiti-unifi-ac-pro-access ... g-2059242/

Does anyone have a complete Ubiquiti Unifi setup? USG router, US-8-60W or 150W switch, UniFi APs and UniFi cloud key?
It would seems pretty handy as a one stop shop to go and check up on your network system through the Android or Apple app.
17 replies
Jan 10, 2013
104 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Mine had an uptime of nearly 90 days before I had to reboot it. They're solid devices.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7308 posts
3790 upvotes
Toronto
calin94 wrote: Mine had an uptime of nearly 90 days before I had to reboot it. They're solid devices.
What causes the need for reboot?
Sep 4, 2016
263 posts
364 upvotes
I have an edgerouter poe with two unifi APs. I love the ubiquiti stuff. Have had zero issues with it. The edgerouter isn't as user friendly as other routers but has more capability. I'm a newbie at it and still figured it out well enough. I haven't had to reboot either the router or an AP yet.
Jan 1, 2004
31 posts
8 upvotes
Calgary
I'll add my two cents as well. Running 2 of these pro access points and the edge router poe5. No need to reboot since I set it up over 3 months ago. Very solid. The unifi software controller is very intuitive and easy to manage the access points and things like guest networks. Happy with the purchase.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
28890 posts
14426 upvotes
calin94 wrote: Mine had an uptime of nearly 90 days before I had to reboot it. They're solid devices.
90 days? I've been going for like 2 years before I retired the N and switched to AC.
I don't even remember where the damn thing is...
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2008
1260 posts
411 upvotes
My only reboots have been for upgrades. I currently have 2 x AC-Lite APs + USG + RaspberryPi3 as the Controller. Other than the Pi being slow, it's been fantastic.

To answer the common question: No, you don't have to have the controller software running all the time ... just long enough to put the configuration on the hardware then you can turn it off. Most people I know put it on a PC and only run it when required.

Now to see if I can afford me a Unifi switch to have complete end-to-end hardware :)
If my post has helped you out, gimme a thumbs up! Buy/Sell/Trade with Confidence!

BST Feedback: 100% Positive on RFD, Heatware, eBay 50-0-0 (closed 2017-08-29), and I use to manage a AT&T Group Plan.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5784 posts
807 upvotes
TheHemming wrote: My only reboots have been for upgrades. I currently have 2 x AC-Lite APs + USG + RaspberryPi3 as the Controller. Other than the Pi being slow, it's been fantastic.

To answer the common question: No, you don't have to have the controller software running all the time ... just long enough to put the configuration on the hardware then you can turn it off. Most people I know put it on a PC and only run it when required.

Now to see if I can afford me a Unifi switch to have complete end-to-end hardware :)
Just to add, unless you want to use the guest portal/hotspot features as those do require the Controller to serve up the pages and handle authentication.
Nov 6, 2013
531 posts
404 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Would this allow me to connect to my router wireless to extend coverage? I share my high-speed internet with a neighbour, but one room in his place doesn't get reception. (Speed isn't a problem; we have 120mbps down.) Would placing one of these in a room where he receives good reception do the trick? And if so, are all wireless APs at this price point, or can I get a good one for less money?

Thanks for any advice.
Nov 16, 2008
307 posts
149 upvotes
This "deal" comes back all the time.. It's not a deal at all really.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1440 posts
890 upvotes
If someone see a deal on the 5 qty AC Pro and want to split the order with me I'll take two.
Nov 2, 2007
316 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
Been using edge router lite+UAP LR for more than 2 yrs, never need to restart unless updating the firmware.

Anyone here upgraded to this this UAP-AC-PRO model from a UAP model? Do you notice a difference? Wonder if this model only benefits most in the 5ghz shorter range coverage.
Jun 13, 2004
270 posts
106 upvotes
Does this AP support connecting a USB drive to act as a network share?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8647 upvotes
GTHA
Jemm wrote: Does this AP support connecting a USB drive to act as a network share?
No

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)