• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 8:15 pm
[OP]
Aug 3, 2010
203 posts
371 upvotes
North York

[Newegg] USB C/3.1 Dual Bay 12TB HDD/SSD Docking Station - $34.99

All time lowest price for this docking station and for any USB-C docking station. Decent reviews. Includes a USB-C cable. Should work on MacOS and PC as long as the drives are formatted correctly.

DUAL BAY DOCKING STATION supports 2.5" and 3.5" external Solid State (SSD), Hard Disk (HDD) and Solid State Hybrid Drive (SSHD) SATA I/II/III drives up to 6TB each; Tool free design does not require a separate enclosure OFFLINE CLONING FUNCTION saves hours of time when migrating data or duplicating a hard drive; Features simultaneous access to both drives, external power for stable drive performance, and hot-swapping support SUPERSPEED USB 3.1 data file transfers (up to 5 Gbps) from your computer to back-up files and centralize storage for convenient access; Includes a Type C cable to connect to your computer
  • Multi-Function Hard drive docking station
  • USB C External interface
  • SATA III internal interface
  • Fit with 2.5/3.5 inch SATA I/II/III HDD/SSD
  • Support Offline Clone / Duplicator / Backup / UASP Functi
Last edited by qdn745 on Dec 17th, 2019 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2911 posts
735 upvotes
Belle River
For whatever reason the taxes for me were only $1.75. I've had these docks in the past, USB2, eSATA, USB3, some were great, others unreliable. It usually has to do with how new the tech is, the one that stands out in my mind as being garbage was when USB3 was new, barely got any use out of it. But this isn't very new stuff now and as far as I remember Newegg has a good return policy, so we'll see.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8281 posts
2030 upvotes
Mississauga
Read the newegg and Amazon reviews before buying re the drive corruption and limitations on cloning to new drives.
Dec 4, 2019
18 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
This ships from China correct? So probably 1 month for shipping.

Edit: Oh never mind, ships from Canada apparently. Some of the reviews don't look good though.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
2589 posts
1902 upvotes
These Wavlinks are known to corrupt data when cloning on both the destination and the source drive. I would avoid
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1598 posts
702 upvotes
I'm still waiting for ones that'll take M.2 NVMe drives to become common. My extra slot is covered by my video card, which makes it a giant PITA if I need to drop a drive in there. Guess I could go with an enclosure, but I'd prefer a docking station.