Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] WARM - REFURBISHED Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset - $135

[OP]
Apr 16, 2017
369 posts
292 upvotes
Pickering

[Newegg] WARM - REFURBISHED Logitech G933 Artemis Spectrum Wireless 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset - $135

Figured this might be a good deal for those looking for a good wireless headet on a budget. Refurb is obviously a bit of a gamble, and a new one can be had for 50 bucks more on sale + PM + ebates, etc.

Got one a couple months back from Bestbuy after a PM. Aside from some pretty bad driver issues with Windows 10, it's good.

For anyone on the Anniversary Edition and the latest version of Logitech Gaming Software, you might notice the headset doesn't show in LGS. My "fix" was to turn on Windows Insider updates and upgrade to the latest fast ring. The headset still works on anniversary edition...mostly. You can't edit settings such as LEDs, mic mute, surround sound, etc.
12 replies
Nov 26, 2015
147 posts
70 upvotes
For those wondering, this is a great headset. I bought it about a month ago and have fallen in love with it. The mic is crystal clear, the sound is top notch and the software that controls the surround sound as well as the RBG lighting is all very intuitive and easy to figure out. Its also great having the extra buttons on the headset as I can answer phone calls and whatnot while in game playing.

Only downside I've experienced so far is that sometimes the mic won't unmute if the headset was left on for a while out of use - so you have to reboot the headset to get it up and running again.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
[OP]
Apr 16, 2017
369 posts
292 upvotes
Pickering
MoriorInvictis wrote: For those wondering, this is a great headset. I bought it about a month ago and have fallen in love with it. The mic is crystal clear, the sound is top notch and the software that controls the surround sound as well as the RBG lighting is all very intuitive and easy to figure out. Its also great having the extra buttons on the headset as I can answer phone calls and whatnot while in game playing.

Only downside I've experienced so far is that sometimes the mic won't unmute if the headset was left on for a while out of use - so you have to reboot the headset to get it up and running again.
Definitely agree - regarding your mic issues, see the "fix" I talked about. I definitely had huge mic mute/unmute problems with the most recent Windows update (Anniversary Edition). Seems to be all better now that I upgraded to the fast ring build. And of course, download the latest LGS from Logitech and do a clean uninstall/reinstall, and make sure you're on the latest firmware for the headset.
Nov 26, 2015
147 posts
70 upvotes
Oogarr wrote: Definitely agree - regarding your mic issues, see the "fix" I talked about. I definitely had huge mic mute/unmute problems with the most recent Windows update (Anniversary Edition). Seems to be all better now that I upgraded to the fast ring build. And of course, download the latest LGS from Logitech and do a clean uninstall/reinstall, and make sure you're on the latest firmware for the headset.
Thanks for the advice, I'll try it out and see if it helps. All in all it hasn't been all that intrusive of an issue. 1/10 times I go to use my mic the mute won't unmute - so I just turn the headset off and back on and it seems to work just fine.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7939 posts
2631 upvotes
Toronto
Great price for this headset, but unlike other products from Logitech I found the build quality subpar for this particular item.
Feb 24, 2012
136 posts
131 upvotes
Kamloops
I've had the G933 for about 6 months now, it replaced my well loved, well duct taped G930. Compared to the 930 I've found the 933 is a bit better build quality (less creaky plastic) and I've had less issues with them. The 930 had an intermittent, recurring issue where they would disconnect and reconnect to the wireless dongle multiple times over the course of a few minutes. The only real problems I've had with the 933 is that it would auto power off after about 10 minutes of being idle and wouldn't automatically come back on when audio resumed, and the battery life was terrible. After I upgraded the Logitech software AND the firmware on the headset about a month ago, both of those issues have gone away.

EDIT: I am running Windows 10 Anniversary and haven't had any issues.
[OP]
Apr 16, 2017
369 posts
292 upvotes
Pickering
Variability wrote: Great price for this headset, but unlike other products from Logitech I found the build quality subpar for this particular item.
I think at the MSRP of $250 it's subpar. At the common available price of $180ish it's pretty good, and at $135 it's awesome :).
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7939 posts
2631 upvotes
Toronto
Oogarr wrote:
Variability wrote: Great price for this headset, but unlike other products from Logitech I found the build quality subpar for this particular item.
I think at the MSRP of $250 it's subpar. At the common available price of $180ish it's pretty good, and at $135 it's awesome :).
Fair point. I was just stating for others who expect great quality from Logitech as I did since almost all of their products are long lasting, this headset wasn't solid.

I went with the Siberia P800.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
1500 posts
149 upvotes
Does it have digital fiber input or just usb?
Deal Guru
Oct 24, 2012
11452 posts
2436 upvotes
Montreal
bigbug wrote: Does it have digital fiber input or just usb?
What the hell? Is that even a thing?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
1500 posts
149 upvotes
alkizmo wrote:
bigbug wrote: Does it have digital fiber input or just usb?
What the hell? Is that even a thing?
Why not? You can't use it on TV or home theater without fiber optics input.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
1500 posts
149 upvotes
Variability wrote:
Oogarr wrote:
Fair point. I was just stating for others who expect great quality from Logitech as I did since almost all of their products are long lasting, this headset wasn't solid.

P800 with digital in/out is a better choice for me. Care to share the price you paid? Regular is so expensive.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2011
7939 posts
2631 upvotes
Toronto
bigbug wrote:
Variability wrote:
Oogarr wrote:

P800 with digital in/out is a better choice for me. Care to share the price you paid? Regular is so expensive.
~$200 during Amazon Day, lightning deal was for 800 model, order had issues, called in and got it upgraded to the P800 model.