• Last Updated:
  • Jun 21st, 2020 12:20 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Jun 30, 2019
75 posts
78 upvotes

[Newegg] WD BLACK SN750 NVMe 1TB - $189.99 + $4.99 shipping

Looks like the best price at this time on SN750 1TB. I got mine last year at $169, but there is no such price right now. Nice budget storage, much slower than Gen4 (I use Gen4 storage for tasks where performance matters), however it is still a solid storage - similar by performance to all other outdated Gen3 products like EVO 970 Plus, etc.
55 replies
Aug 19, 2013
645 posts
473 upvotes
TORONTO
lol shipping charges in 2020. Do we need a mail in rebate too? What about a mail in warranty card???

So ironic that a tech company is so behind in times!
Dec 21, 2012
394 posts
324 upvotes
Winnipeg
saudor wrote: lol shipping charges in 2020. Do we need a mail in rebate too? What about a mail in warranty card???

So ironic that a tech company is so behind in times!
Alright you can get it for $195.00 with free shipping. They have to pay for shipping and when they also have a store pickup option then it should be cheaper for people who pick it up. If they offered free shipping on everything then the shipping price would be included and those picking up items would be paying for shipping without using it. The store doesn't get free shipping from Canada Post.
Nov 11, 2010
145 posts
55 upvotes
Montreal
One of the comments suggests that it’s an OEM drive without warranty and WD’s reply seems to confirm that . Anyone have any info on that?
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2009
1100 posts
134 upvotes
minguione78 wrote: One of the comments suggests that it’s an OEM drive without warranty and WD’s reply seems to confirm that . Anyone have any info on that?
Wait what... if that's true then it makes the deal significantly less hot. I see the same drive on sale @ Memory Express for 199.. would that come with warranty?
Nov 11, 2010
145 posts
55 upvotes
Montreal
kazkira wrote: Wait what... if that's true then it makes the deal significantly less hot. I see the same drive on sale @ Memory Express for 199.. would that come with warranty?
Not sure but was about to buy when I saw that comment on newegg...
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1217 posts
2332 upvotes
I bought this SSD from amazon as of last Black Friday for $169.99, and it is a fantastic SSD. I would highly recommend it.
Apr 16, 2017
389 posts
304 upvotes
Pickering
minguione78 wrote: One of the comments suggests that it’s an OEM drive without warranty and WD’s reply seems to confirm that . Anyone have any info on that?
Just taking a guess here, but Newegg stacks multiple sellers on the page, and I wonder if the review was for a specific seller and not buying directly from Newegg? Would have a hard time believing that Newegg is selling OEM directly and lying about the warranty, but can see that coming from a 3rd party seller.
Jul 18, 2019
93 posts
47 upvotes
Oshawa (East GTA)
I have SN750 both 500GB and 1TB in use. No complaints.
Nov 11, 2010
145 posts
55 upvotes
Montreal
Oogarr wrote: Just taking a guess here, but Newegg stacks multiple sellers on the page, and I wonder if the review was for a specific seller and not buying directly from Newegg? Would have a hard time believing that Newegg is selling OEM directly and lying about the warranty, but can see that coming from a 3rd party seller.
Yeah you might be right! Much more plausible than newegg doing that!
Jul 29, 2016
135 posts
104 upvotes
kazkira wrote: Wait what... if that's true then it makes the deal significantly less hot. I see the same drive on sale @ Memory Express for 199.. would that come with warranty?
I can see one comment on the right side of the product's page with "No warranty" in it. that comment is on a different product and 1 year old.
Apr 16, 2017
389 posts
304 upvotes
Pickering
ihorzu wrote: I can see one comment on the right side of the product's page with "No warranty" in it. that comment is on a different product and 1 year old.
True, clicking on the critical review shows it is for a 500gb SN750 with a heatsink. Likely safe to buy the one OP linked from Newegg without any issues.
Nov 4, 2014
192 posts
195 upvotes
Toronto, ON
jetertmac wrote: I bought this SSD from amazon as of last Black Friday for $169.99, and it is a fantastic SSD. I would highly recommend it.
That price seems decent...wait, is Prime Day coming?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1118 posts
818 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
Trying to decide between this and the Evo Plus. Is the Evo Plus really worth $100+ more?