Expired Hot Deals

Newegg

WD Blue 3D NAND 2TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive for $254.99+Free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2021 1:11 pm
[OP]
Feb 23, 2021
182 posts
646 upvotes
lasalle

[Newegg] WD Blue 3D NAND 2TB Internal SSD - SATA III 6Gb/s M.2 2280 Solid State Drive for $254.99+Free shipping

About this item
  • 3D NAND SATA SSD for capacities up to 2TB with enhanced reliability.
  • An active power draw up to 25% lower than previous generations of WD Blue SSD.
  • Sequential read speeds up to 560 MB/s and sequential write speeds up to 530 MB/s.
  • An industry-leading 1.75M hours mean time to failure (MTTF) and up to 500 terabytes written (TBW) for enhanced reliability.
  • WD F.I.T. Lab certification for compatibility with a wide range of computers.
  • Free downloadable software to monitor the status of your drive and clone a drive, or backup your data.
Images
  • wd.png
Thread Summary
Shopping for a new hard drive? Check out RFD Reviews' roundup of the best SSDs for your devices!
20 replies
Mar 30, 2007
376 posts
476 upvotes
although the read & write speed are a bit disappointing, as a 2TB I'd say its still great price!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5589 posts
1296 upvotes
Great drive. I know from experience ;-)
rfd
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5589 posts
1296 upvotes
Beware Newegg's bad return policy (15% restocking fee unless defective)
rfd
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2007
1461 posts
828 upvotes
Canada
mystery wrote: Beware Newegg's bad return policy (15% restocking fee unless defective)
Would you buy an open item that was returned at full price?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 20, 2020
7415 posts
8111 upvotes
Toronto
swordman2000 wrote: although the read & write speed are a bit disappointing, as a 2TB I'd say its still great price!
Yeah, I would have spent a bit more to get the Western Digital Blue SN550 NVMe M.2 2280 2TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) WDS200T2B0C for $279 + shipping if it was in stock

SSDs Are Getting Expensive!
Learn about Chia coin and how it's driving up storage prices.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5589 posts
1296 upvotes
Teletran wrote: Would you buy an open item that was returned at full price?
No. What is your point?

Other retailers don't charge restocking fees.
rfd
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
3290 posts
996 upvotes
Belle River
mystery wrote: Beware Newegg's bad return policy (15% restocking fee unless defective)
Has anyone confirmed that they definitely charge restocking fees?

I couple weeks ago I was going to return something to Newegg, I went through the return process on their website but changed my mind before the final step. It did not say I would have to pay any fees, only that I was responsible for return shipping cost, but maybe it would have applied fees on that final step I can't be certain.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5508 posts
3626 upvotes
Toronto
mystery wrote: No. What is your point?

Other retailers don't charge restocking fees.
Several retailers won't even take open drives back (Best Buy and Canada Computers come to mind).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5589 posts
1296 upvotes
Jep4444 wrote:
Several retailers won't even take open drives back (Best Buy and Canada Computers come to mind).
True. With Newegg it just isn't open drives, it is everything afaik.

Amazon ftw
rfd
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5508 posts
3626 upvotes
Toronto
mystery wrote: True. With Newegg it just isn't open drives, it is everything afaik.

Amazon ftw
Oh it's all computer parts with those two. Still 15% restocking is better than no refunds lol. But yes, that's why Amazon is better lol.
Nov 22, 2018
15 posts
1 upvote
Oh man I want this so bad, but I don't know how to justify getting it. My PC is stuffed with SATA SSDs and I even put one in my PS4. I guess I could be in the market for a laptop :D. Are there any decent laptops I can get in which I can install a SATA SSD? Edit: I know the post is for the m.2 version but I am mainly looking to get the SATA one which seems to be the same price.
Nov 9, 2014
128 posts
197 upvotes
Toronto, ON
eddiefisic wrote: Oh man I want this so bad, but I don't know how to justify getting it. My PC is stuffed with SATA SSDs and I even put one in my PS4. I guess I could be in the market for a laptop :D. Are there any decent laptops I can get in which I can install a SATA SSD? Edit: I know the post is for the m.2 version but I am mainly looking to get the SATA one which seems to be the same price.
get this sandisk 2tb for 229: https://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-SSD-Plus- ... 15b3cb969e
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5508 posts
3626 upvotes
Toronto
eddiefisic wrote: Oh great price. Thanks!! Now on to find a problem to my solution LOL. What laptop should I get to use this SATA SSD hmmm?
This is the 11th time in the last year that this particular drive has been this price or cheaper on Amazon alone. It's a low end SSD anyways. Seems kinda odd to wanna buy a laptop just to pair with an already lukewarm deal.
Nov 22, 2018
15 posts
1 upvote
Jep4444 wrote: This is the 11th time in the last year that this particular drive has been this price or cheaper on Amazon alone. It's a low end SSD anyways. Seems kinda odd to wanna buy a laptop just to pair with an already lukewarm deal.
Oh so that one isn't as good as the WD Blue posted by OP?