Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] WD SSDs hot deals! SN750 1tb

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2020 10:03 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 27, 2020
9 posts
40 upvotes

[Newegg] WD SSDs hot deals! SN750 1tb

Look like Newegg is competing with Amazon, this deal is hot! It doesn't look like Amazon or Canada computers has this deal.

There are other WD SSD deals too, see below.

https://www.newegg.ca/p/pl?d=Wd+ssd
25 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
1838 posts
1276 upvotes
This is a solid drive, how does the price compare to the Samsung 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD?
Jr. Member
Nov 25, 2009
168 posts
48 upvotes
Ottawa
Nice find. I remember how people were raving about this NVME in the summer when it was available for pre-order at $179.99. * corrected * thanks to kiukiumoar
Last edited by grouchy1 on Oct 13th, 2020 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Apr 11, 2019
219 posts
209 upvotes
grouchy1 wrote: Nice find. I remember how people were raving about this NVME in the summer when it was available for pre-order at $179.99. not certain that I would notice much of a difference between this and the SN550 since i would be using it as a boot drive. Leaning towards the SN550 2TB at $234 and waiting for the SN950 to come out and get the 500GB for a game drive.
do you mean the wd blue 3d 2tb? afaik, the sn550 only goes up to 1tb which was the only issue for me. i'm also contemplating the blue 3d 2tb for 234, but from what i know, m.2 slots for nvme, and m.2 for sata slots are different and i haven't done enough research on how that works with motherboard slots lately. i would assume all the newer mobos run nvme slots.
Zoomer Wireless - $36/month|800 Minutes|5GB Data|Unlimited Texts
Member
Jun 1, 2007
458 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto
Aw man $12.99 shipping. If not for that I'd go for this over the ADATA GAMMIX S11 Pro. $10 diff vs $23 diff...don't think it's wroth it.
Sucks that they closed the pick-up centre in Richmond Hill!
Jr. Member
Nov 25, 2009
168 posts
48 upvotes
Ottawa
kiukiumoar wrote: do you mean the wd blue 3d 2tb? afaik, the sn550 only goes up to 1tb which was the only issue for me. i'm also contemplating the blue 3d 2tb for 234, but from what i know, m.2 slots for nvme, and m.2 for sata slots are different and i haven't done enough research on how that works with motherboard slots lately. i would assume all the newer mobos run nvme slots.
Oops. Your 100% correct. will edit my post so it isn't misleading.
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 27, 2020
9 posts
40 upvotes
You mean sn850 right? Which is PCI 4.0 and compatible with upcoming ps5. I don't think there is 950 yet
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 19, 2015
993 posts
1378 upvotes
Vancouver
hv6478 wrote: Aw man $12.99 shipping. If not for that I'd go for this over the ADATA GAMMIX S11 Pro. $10 diff vs $23 diff...don't think it's wroth it.
Sucks that they closed the pick-up centre in Richmond Hill!
You mean this one?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07KZN ... Y3LN&psc=1
$149.99 - XPG GAMMIX 1TB S11 Pro 3D NAND PCIe NVMe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD (AGAMMIXS11P-1TT-C) 3500MB/s
Newbie
Sep 26, 2020
8 posts
29 upvotes
Should I get the nvme WD 1TB SSD or the normal 2.5' SSD for my Lenovo legion 5? Both are priced around $120.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 12, 2011
2818 posts
1131 upvotes
Markham
CDW order just shipped, guess won't be needing this one ;)
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 30, 2006
4529 posts
16895 upvotes
TORONTO
AlexJosh wrote: CDW order just shipped, guess won't be needing this one ;)
Damn, how long was your order in limbo?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 12, 2011
2818 posts
1131 upvotes
Markham
anon_s wrote: Damn, how long was your order in limbo?
Early august so 2 months
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Jr. Member
Nov 25, 2009
168 posts
48 upvotes
Ottawa
Awsomike wrote: You mean sn850 right? Which is PCI 4.0 and compatible with upcoming ps5. I don't think there is 950 yet
yep. made the mistake of waking up at 3am to order stuff from Amazon. Brain still not right. Need sleep :(
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2013
5004 posts
2980 upvotes
Toronto
kiukiumoar wrote: do you mean the wd blue 3d 2tb? afaik, the sn550 only goes up to 1tb which was the only issue for me. i'm also contemplating the blue 3d 2tb for 234, but from what i know, m.2 slots for nvme, and m.2 for sata slots are different and i haven't done enough research on how that works with motherboard slots lately. i would assume all the newer mobos run nvme slots.
Most newer mobo slots will work with either NVMe or SATA (don't want to promise you all do). Shouldn't be hard to look up what your mobo supports.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 30, 2006
4529 posts
16895 upvotes
TORONTO
AlexJosh wrote: Early august so 2 months
Did they process it automatically or did you follow up? My order is still "Open".
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 12, 2011
2818 posts
1131 upvotes
Markham
anon_s wrote: Did they process it automatically or did you follow up? My order is still "Open".
I did follow up with them in late August and was told "order confirmed, waiting stock"
Not buying something on sale ISN'T a crime, buying something not on sale IS.
Newbie
Nov 15, 2018
35 posts
10 upvotes
Good find OP. Although just got the shipping confirmation from CDW after 2 and half months so SSD hunt is done for me
Member
Feb 19, 2017
490 posts
321 upvotes
Solid deal, but the shipping is a bummer. Interestingly the 500 GB has free shipping and is $85.99 - seems solid if you don't need a full terabyte.

If this for a gaming rig, maybe the 500 GB is enough? That's enough for the OS, applications, and a handful of games you're into at the moment (unless we're talking 250GB size behemoths like Modern Warfare). Then the rest of the game library can go on spinning rust or a cheaper SATA SSD. Hmm... I may be talking myself into this.

Top