Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition 1405 MHz OC+, 8GB $254.99 with 2 games(division 2 or dmc5 or re2 remake) pick 2

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2019 12:58 am
Apr 23, 2013
586 posts
232 upvotes
TURNIPtheBEET wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 12:47 am
I got this deal last month when it was on

Card runs well. I overclocked it out of the box to 1500mhz and 2200 memory. No issues what soever. I made a custom fan curve and on load it hovers around 75-78c with 90% fan rpm.

As for the games, you will be given an AMD gift card and you make an account with that key on the AMD site. Once you activate it they will tell you to link your account to redeem the games(uplay for division, steam for resident evil). So it might be a bit tricky trying to sell it because whoever you sell it to will have to login with there account to link the game.

Anyway hope that helps in case people are thinking of selling it.

Oh and btw the card runs division 60fps smooth on high.

Edit

If you dont care about these games but you still are willing to spend $250+ then you should probably go with the evga 1660.
Is the hardware verification a one-time thing or it also has to be done when you link the steam / uplay accounts? Basically can I buy the AMD code online without an AMD product?

Thanks guys
Be nice to people k?

Go Zoomers~~~~
Jul 20, 2018
101 posts
68 upvotes
Brewmeanie wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 1:48 am
Or if you want to keep the spending at around $200 , you grab the RX 570 8GB
Yup. They just had it on for 179.99+ 2 games after mail in rebate
Oct 6, 2011
17 posts
10 upvotes
SURREY
Looking for a Division 2 key if anyone is selling, PM me.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1108 posts
246 upvotes
Thanks OP. -edit- I have 1 x DMC5 key left for $40 if anyone wants.
Last edited by ditachan on Mar 19th, 2019 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 24, 2012
46 posts
55 upvotes
Terrebonne
EdwardGamma wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 8:46 am
Is the hardware verification a one-time thing or it also has to be done when you link the steam / uplay accounts? Basically can I buy the AMD code online without an AMD product?

Thanks guys
When you buy the card, you get a code.

That code has to be input at amdrewards.com after you create an account there. This is when the hardware verification happens.

Some time later (about a week later in my case) individual links appear in your account for each game, that will link your
steam /Uplay account to redeem your games.

As such, if the amdrewards account is created using a dummy email account, you could sell that by giving the login info. Unfortunately, I don't see how you could sell individual links, so I think it's both at once... Unless you yourself claim one game and then give the login info for the buyer to redeem the other. But I don't see selling both to different people.
Dec 24, 2012
46 posts
55 upvotes
Terrebonne
Brewmeanie wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 1:48 am
Or if you want to keep the spending at around $200 , you grab the RX 570 8GB
That's what I did, runs Division 2 at 1080p60 on high except I turned down volumetric fog to medium.
Penalty Box
Sep 6, 2006
7602 posts
2224 upvotes
Washington, DC
Big Google game service announcement happening right now:

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Nov 16, 2013
29 posts
27 upvotes
Montreal
karldagenais wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 1:31 pm
When you buy the card, you get a code.

That code has to be input at amdrewards.com after you create an account there. This is when the hardware verification happens.

Some time later (about a week later in my case) individual links appear in your account for each game, that will link your
steam /Uplay account to redeem your games.

As such, if the amdrewards account is created using a dummy email account, you could sell that by giving the login info. Unfortunately, I don't see how you could sell individual links, so I think it's both at once... Unless you yourself claim one game and then give the login info for the buyer to redeem the other. But I don't see selling both to different people.

I got all 3 games to sell, for 60$.
The person will have access to my AMD reward account to redeem all 3 games.

Pm me!
Mar 2, 2017
707 posts
458 upvotes
xtrmDeals wrote:
Mar 18th, 2019 10:09 pm
PM me with your offer if anyone wants to buy the code for Division 2.
PM me if you want Division 2/ Resident Evil 2 and devil cry 5 with offer :)
Oct 14, 2017
337 posts
285 upvotes
PM me if anyone is interested in buying Devil Cry 5. I will activate the game in your account directly (I've done this before).
Jan 18, 2019
10 posts
9 upvotes
Just out of curiosity, I have a Nvidia 1080ti S.T.R.I.X with 11GB OC that I bought last year for around $1.2K

If I bridge 2 of these Radeon cards ($500), would I be able to get better results in terms of specs then the 1 card I'm running right now? Seems the core clock is only a few 100 mhz difference. I really want to switch to radeon because the Nvidia Gsync monitors are just ridiculous in price.
Oct 12, 2009
310 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this exact card during holiday sales a while back so I'll share my experience with this card.

I was facing periodic blinking screen problems and I thought I had a faulty card... after searching on Google, I think I narrowed down the problem to Wattman not giving the card enough power at the default 0% Power Limit. Once I increased that setting, I think my blinking problems went away. Also my undervolt settings reset in Wattman after waking from Windows sleep using the latest drivers... I don't know if that is AMD's or Windows being stupid but it is annoying since I find the card runs hot at the default voltages.
Last edited by burnout_128 on Mar 19th, 2019 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 12, 2009
310 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto
dtvibe wrote:
Mar 19th, 2019 11:05 pm
Just out of curiosity, I have a Nvidia 1080ti S.T.R.I.X with 11GB OC that I bought last year for around $1.2K

If I bridge 2 of these Radeon cards ($500), would I be able to get better results in terms of specs then the 1 card I'm running right now? Seems the core clock is only a few 100 mhz difference. I really want to switch to radeon because the Nvidia Gsync monitors are just ridiculous in price.
I don't own Nvidia cards but I'm pretty certain that Nvidia recently allowed their cards to work with Freesync monitors... you probably just need a driver update. You should probably look more into that as the change was made sometime in the beginning of the year.

Also, most people seem to suggest avoiding dual card setups as performance to price isn't worth it and dual card has largely fallen out of favor... devs not optimizing much for it anymore. Your 1080ti should still be a beast.
[OP]
Apr 20, 2012
69 posts
28 upvotes
Stoney Creek
I have a RE2 or DMC5 Key willing to sell for 35 pm me