Hot Deals

[Newegg] Yamaha Refurbished ATS-1080 Sound Bar $120

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2019 11:56 am
Dec 21, 2006
30 posts
13 upvotes
The ATS-1080 has hdmi 4k, stereo, optical and bluetooth input. The stereo sound stage is not bad in compare with book self speakers in the same price range, watching movie with surround sound is quite engaging too.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2377 posts
339 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
Looks like they got rid of the inpost option. Used to be free to ship to those.

Is there anything else comparable at this price point?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2377 posts
339 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
Same price on ebay. I ordered from there and used my ebay bucks that I had.
Jul 2, 2011
99 posts
32 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Thanks very much OP! This is right in the quality and price range that I'm looking for in our rec room setup. In for one and up-voted.

Tom
May 22, 2014
178 posts
84 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
fyi. doesn't work with netflix if you're using the shield. i think its because netflix output is DD+ and this only supports DD
i had lots of problems trying to use ARC/CEC with this. sounds great though
Feb 10, 2014
429 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
Ridinginoffice7 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 12:56 pm
Buy these Edifiers instead for $62, way better performance and bass plus 2yrs replaceable Warranty

edifier-com-edifier-r1010bt-powered-blu ... #p30794687
standalone bookshelf speakers are not the same as a soundbar. People usually choose a soundbar for different reasons then the Edifiers, I think they pretty much attract two different crowds due to placement of either or.
Apr 8, 2017
539 posts
337 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Ridinginoffice7 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 1:31 pm
Virtual surround sound is a gimmic ...
I disagree. Notable difference for your average person, i'd say... At least for this average person.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Apr 8, 2017
539 posts
337 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Bawler wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 1:16 pm
How well would it work on a computer for gaming?
I use a soundbar for my computer, with a lot of gaming. I really like it.
Jul 25, 2017
229 posts
55 upvotes
How does these compare to the viszio 5.1 ones from Costco?
Feb 10, 2014
429 posts
326 upvotes
Toronto
OutsideYourWorld wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 2:56 pm
I use a soundbar for my computer, with a lot of gaming. I really like it.
A soundbar will work just fine for gaming, but you are probably not getting the most out of it either. A lot of soundbars are engineered with the assumption it is going to be used at a certain distance (say a tv to a couch). The sound is dispersed (especially surround sound) based on that assumption and is most realistic towards a certain sweet spot (5-7 feet away for example). Too far and too close it will sound just fine, but not optimum.

I tried this myself with my Vizio soundbar, it worked fine enough I thought but when I got some Logitech Z623s I moved it to a bedroom tv and noticed a large difference in how much the sound enveloped me. More wider, more atmospheric.
Last edited by Coresu on Apr 12th, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
3021 posts
1593 upvotes
Canada
Ordered with 1% cash back from eBates. Thanks OP!
Apr 8, 2017
539 posts
337 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Coresu wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 3:09 pm
Im sure a soundbar will work just fine for gaming, but you are probably not getting the most out of it either. A lot of soundbars are engineered with the assumption it is going to be used at a certain distance (say a tv to a couch). The sound is dispersed (especially surround sound) based on that assumption and is most realistic towards a certain sweet spot (5-7 feet away for example). Too far and too close it will sound just fine, but not optimum.
probably not but I got it for $25 from the local buy and sell, and it replaced my aging speaker system that had wires everywhere.. Good enough for me!
Nov 4, 2016
22 posts
7 upvotes
I am using sony's soundbar and it not as great as this. Will grab this deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
1742 posts
911 upvotes
Toronto
I have the 2.1 Vizio soundbar from Costco - $129

https://www.costco.ca/VIZIO-SB362An-F6- ... 55923.html

Sounds awesome, but will not pair to an Apple TV via Bluetooth. I use optical, from an HDMI-SPDIF splitter between it and the Apple TV and projector. Works great. I like the look of the Edifier bookshelf speakers, but no optical input is a downer.
Aug 17, 2010
247 posts
117 upvotes
I personally wouldn't ever buy newegg refurbish after receiving one with dents,broken plastic, Wouldn't shut off and they considered it A+ condition lol.