Expired Hot Deals

[Newegg] Yamaha Refurbished ATS-1080 Sound Bar $120

  • Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2019 11:56 am
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1148 posts
1193 upvotes
Toronto
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Buy these Edifiers instead for $62, way better performance and bass plus 2yrs replaceable Warranty

edifier-com-edifier-r1010bt-powered-blu ... #p30794687
standalone bookshelf speakers are not the same as a soundbar. People usually choose a soundbar for different reasons then the Edifiers, I think they pretty much attract two different crowds due to placement of either or.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 8, 2017
1096 posts
795 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Virtual surround sound is a gimmic ...
I disagree. Notable difference for your average person, i'd say... At least for this average person.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 8, 2017
1096 posts
795 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Bawler wrote: How well would it work on a computer for gaming?
I use a soundbar for my computer, with a lot of gaming. I really like it.
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Sr. Member
Jul 25, 2017
589 posts
174 upvotes
How does these compare to the viszio 5.1 ones from Costco?
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2014
1148 posts
1193 upvotes
Toronto
OutsideYourWorld wrote: I use a soundbar for my computer, with a lot of gaming. I really like it.
A soundbar will work just fine for gaming, but you are probably not getting the most out of it either. A lot of soundbars are engineered with the assumption it is going to be used at a certain distance (say a tv to a couch). The sound is dispersed (especially surround sound) based on that assumption and is most realistic towards a certain sweet spot (5-7 feet away for example). Too far and too close it will sound just fine, but not optimum.

I tried this myself with my Vizio soundbar, it worked fine enough I thought but when I got some Logitech Z623s I moved it to a bedroom tv and noticed a large difference in how much the sound enveloped me. More wider, more atmospheric.
Last edited by Coresu on Apr 12th, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 4, 2007
3086 posts
1650 upvotes
Canada
Ordered with 1% cash back from eBates. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 8, 2017
1096 posts
795 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Coresu wrote: Im sure a soundbar will work just fine for gaming, but you are probably not getting the most out of it either. A lot of soundbars are engineered with the assumption it is going to be used at a certain distance (say a tv to a couch). The sound is dispersed (especially surround sound) based on that assumption and is most realistic towards a certain sweet spot (5-7 feet away for example). Too far and too close it will sound just fine, but not optimum.
probably not but I got it for $25 from the local buy and sell, and it replaced my aging speaker system that had wires everywhere.. Good enough for me!
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Newbie
Nov 4, 2016
24 posts
7 upvotes
I am using sony's soundbar and it not as great as this. Will grab this deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
3104 posts
2084 upvotes
Toronto
I have the 2.1 Vizio soundbar from Costco - $129

https://www.costco.ca/VIZIO-SB362An-F6- ... 55923.html

Sounds awesome, but will not pair to an Apple TV via Bluetooth. I use optical, from an HDMI-SPDIF splitter between it and the Apple TV and projector. Works great. I like the look of the Edifier bookshelf speakers, but no optical input is a downer.
Member
Aug 17, 2010
282 posts
168 upvotes
I personally wouldn't ever buy newegg refurbish after receiving one with dents,broken plastic, Wouldn't shut off and they considered it A+ condition lol.
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14150 posts
4636 upvotes
Toronto
codejerry wrote: I personally wouldn't ever buy newegg refurbish after receiving one with dents,broken plastic, Wouldn't shut off and they considered it A+ condition lol.
I paid via Paypal so I will just make a claim if all is not right.
Member
Sep 24, 2010
217 posts
71 upvotes
Regina, SK
codejerry wrote: I personally wouldn't ever buy newegg refurbish after receiving one with dents,broken plastic, Wouldn't shut off and they considered it A+ condition lol.
I'm pretty sure the refurbished 1070 I bought from Newegg was refurbished by Yamaha themself.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 8, 2007
3884 posts
835 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Shows $129

I had a pretty poor experience with my Polk magnifi one sound bar. The subwoofer makes a popping crackling noise which Polk caims is due to interference with my router (basically a design flaw and no solution offered because I can't move my router or sound bar). The AC adapter stopped working one day so I had to buy a third-party one from Amazon. none of these things were covered by the warranty because it was literally days after the one year expired.

Going forward I think I would buy a soundbar without a subwoofer. I looked on the Yamaha y108 and I wish I had chosen the Yamaha given the experience I had. I'm currently in the market to replace my Polk soundbar with something that has built in woofers for a bit of bass. I'm debating either this or the Bose Solo 5. Anybody have feedback that they could share to help guide my purchase?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2836 posts
2709 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Slawek wrote: Shows $129

I had a pretty poor experience with my Polk magnifi one sound bar. The subwoofer makes a popping crackling noise which Polk caims is due to interference with my router (basically a design flaw and no solution offered because I can't move my router or sound bar). The AC adapter stopped working one day so I had to buy a third-party one from Amazon. none of these things were covered by the warranty because it was literally days after the one year expired.

Going forward I think I would buy a soundbar without a subwoofer. I looked on the Yamaha y108 and I wish I had chosen the Yamaha given the experience I had. I'm currently in the market to replace my Polk soundbar with something that has built in woofers for a bit of bass. I'm debating either this or the Bose Solo 5. Anybody have feedback that they could share to help guide my purchase?
If you paid via credit card that extends your warranty (assuming you have that as coverage). Paid for itself when my vizio soundbar died a few months outside of warranty. Worked great while it was under warranty.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 8, 2007
3884 posts
835 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Ecsta wrote: If you paid via credit card that extends your warranty (assuming you have that as coverage). Paid for itself when my vizio soundbar died a few months outside of warranty. Worked great while it was under warranty.
I bought it from the source on my visa yes... What do I do?
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
2836 posts
2709 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Slawek wrote: I bought it from the source on my visa yes... What do I do?
Check the T&C on your visa to see if your card offers the extended warranty benefit. If it does then call the number in your T&C booklet and start the claim process. It's annoying and a bunch of paperwork to do, but in the end they'll pay for repairs to get it fixed, or if it cant be fixed they'll refund you the purchase price.
Member
Jan 21, 2017
335 posts
234 upvotes
thesubmitter wrote: The Costco one seems better.
https://www.cnet.com/reviews/vizio-sb362an-f6-review/

Has no Hdmi or ARC though
I own this soundbar and the sound is pretty darn good. Plenty of bass for my taste and the surround sound works great. In fact, my friend bought a $300 Samsung soundbar with wireless sub and he prefers the sound from my Vizio. My only complaint about it is that the sound level increments are too drastic.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
2005 posts
923 upvotes
Earlier in this thread I recommended Edifier speakers which is on sale for half the price , those people who bought need to realize it’s a dead system that’s been cleared out as refurbished, the bass is crackling and tweeters are bad in Yamaha... wereas the Edifiers will give you premium experience

Top